Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I love the aggressive nature of this team
I would like to see this team open up all 4 quarters.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 02:15 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Others have posted the benefits of why Zac possibly made the choice: aggressiveness, momentum, building up confidence in his players, making a statement they own the North, and a whole lot of other reasons that contribute to winning culture. It's not always about what a stat reveals or playing it safe. When you work with people, a human element is ever present so perhaps Zac was leveraging that to get his players ready for the rest of the grind.

Oh... And Brandon Allen had the Rona.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 03:49 PM)Au165 Wrote: It’s kind of new phenomenon to pull starters. Do you guys remember a couple years ago when Sean Peyton left Brees in during a 40 point beat down of us until the last series?

Good times...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 07:29 PM)jason Wrote: Oh... And Brandon Allen had the Rona.

Ha, there was no one else to put in at QB during the Ravens game!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 01:32 PM)Trademark Wrote: I know it was against backups and stuff but props to Zac for the aggressive play calling yesterday.Feels good watching a team put the pedal down and not look back. Zac needs to let Joey B air it out against the Chiefs too

Yeah, but do what works just like Burrow said afterwards. If we are running the ball on the Chiefs stick to it.

(12-27-2021, 01:44 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I agree that aggressive up tempo,should be the identity of this Offense.Joe Burrow mentioned it yesterday in his post game interview.He said there have been times this season when they went too conservative and it cost them.(I hope Zac heard that.) I think the conservative mode has cost us a couple games this season.

Joe Burrow is fully healthy now,and you can see it in his play.Last week,he even said himself that he finally “for the first time all year I feel like my old self”.Time to let Joe do his thing.

Sure looked like the LSU Burrow to me yesterday...

Perfect timing right when we need to play our best of the season.
Reply/Quote
It was very foolish of Zac to have Burrow still in and especially throwing the ball still.

Mixon had already taken a pounding as well and should have been on bench watching Perrine get handoff after handoff too.

If you need to run up the score then use the subs and get them some game experience. It was a very unnecessary risk taken and luckily nobody was hurt.

Before that time Burrow had hardly even been hit then he takes 3 quick hits for no reason whatsoever.

Agree with being aggressive but there is never a reason to beat a dead horse.

the "coup de gras" had already been delivered

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Sure looked like the LSU Burrow to me yesterday...

Mostly because Joe has never had as great of a talent advantage on his side since his LSU day.  Three of the Ravens top 4 CBs had just been called up from the practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 08:30 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, but do what works just like Burrow said afterwards. If we are running the ball on the Chiefs stick to it.

Sure looked like the LSU Burrow to me yesterday...

Perfect timing right when we need to play our best of the season.

Hell, better than LSU Burrow since his LSU days are only college ball; it's easier competition than the pros. Burrow lit it up against NFL quality players. Sure, the Ravens had a depleted roster and practice squad players, but that doesn't matter. Pro ball is pro ball. He looked awesome lighting the Ravens up for a Bengals passing record. Fun day to be a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:49 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Mostly because Joe has never had as great of a talent advantage on his side since his LSU day.  Three of the Ravens top 4 CBs had just been called up from the practice squad.

Definitely apart of it but I am talking about the way he moved the pocket and ran like the LSU Burrow in '19.

First time I have seen him look THAT comfortable. Good OL play also helped along with the PS defenders of the Ravens.

Need to see this against a much better Chiefs secondary Sunday.
Reply/Quote
(12-27-2021, 09:56 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hell, better than LSU Burrow since his LSU days are only college ball; it's easier competition than the pros. Burrow lit it up against NFL quality players. Sure, the Ravens had a depleted roster and practice squad players, but that doesn't matter. Pro ball is pro ball. He looked awesome lighting the Ravens up for a Bengals passing record. Fun day to be a Bengals fan.

No doubt. He did what he should of done. Tore up those guys. That was a desperate damn team too with a very good HC
and even though what Wink Martindale said was stupid he is still a very good Defensive Coordinator. These things should 
not be ignored.
Reply/Quote
This is a great Twitter thread

https://twitter.com/zimwhodey/status/1475269668285960195?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
While I enjoyed the beat down of the ravens, I do think that the last 2 drives of the Bengals offense it was unnecessary for the starters to be out there. They were up 20 points with 10 minutes to go. Didn't see the need to risk any injuries. In hindsight it worked out since no one was seemingly hurt. Hell They pulled the starters during the 1st ravens game after it was out of reach and they were up by more.

Like was also said, if one of the big name players was injured during those drives, everyone would be trashing taylor for keeping starters in during garbage time.
Reply/Quote