Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Bored
(07-07-2018, 06:52 PM)Beaker Wrote: My wife watches that all the time. I tell her its the same show every time. Some entitled brat comes into the dress shop with her posse, one of the posse is a major ***** and doesn't like anything she tries on, then they find the perfect dress.....repeat.

To be fair, she could probably say the same thing about the Bengals. Chase brown ball, get fans hopes up, find stupid often pathetic way to disappoint fans, repeat next year with same GM and head coach. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 09:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If one player on both offense and defense was allowed to use a weapon (no guns or explosives)  what weapon would you choose and who would use it.

On offense I'd give Boling a battle ax, and on defense I'd give Iloka a lasso so he could tackle any player anywhere on the field (once he learned to throw a lasso).

But if a guy on the opposing team had a sword or an ax I guess I'd have to give one of our guys the same thing to fight him with.

I’d give our offensive line a fire hose to push would be tacklers away from the ball carrier (and knock any axe or sword out of the defenses hands).

For defense I’d just unleash Burfict, no rules, kick ass. 
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 03:41 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: BORED!

Football season can't get here soon enough but we still have to go through Training Camp and the Preseason.

BORED, I TELL YOU!

Bored...

Maybe that is part of the formula to the NFL's success.  We are so keyed up after FA and the draft that by the time some useless exhibition games get here, we are dying for anything football.

It is my favorite time of the year, as football begins, and the season of fall approaches.  I don't want to rush the rest of summer, but I really can't wait for the season to start up.

It is going to be fun!  And I might host a "Bengals Board" watch party now that I am a bachelor for some game.  Harley, there would be beer!  I live in Centerville, and would welcome any and all travelers.  It would be easier than coordinating at a game where we would all have different seats.  I could even hook up the giant outdoor screen and project the game....if it were a night game.  

Regardless, I am with you on the boredom.  
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 11:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Dude, you did something wrong.  When my first marriage ended, I gave her 6K to get set up in a new place (she had a good job), and then about 6 months later, we agreed on a no-fault dissolution.  I spent the night with her the eve of the signing, we went to lunch and back to her place for a quickie after we were unmarried.  Cool 

Most likely the friendliest ending of a marriage ever..

Oh I've done a lot of things wrong my friend...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe that is part of the formula to the NFL's success.  We are so keyed up after FA and the draft that by the time some useless exhibition games get here, we are dying for anything football.

It is my favorite time of the year, as football begins, and the season of fall approaches.  I don't want to rush the rest of summer, but I really can't wait for the season to start up.

It is going to be fun!  And I might host a "Bengals Board" watch party now that I am a bachelor for some game.  Harley, there would be beer!  I live in Centerville, and would welcome any and all travelers.  It would be easier than coordinating at a game where we would all have different seats.  I could even hook up the giant outdoor screen and project the game....if it were a night game.  

I'm with you on looking forward to football, and the approaching Autumn.  (My favorite time of the year!)  And I would be in if you threw together a party on watching a game as long as spouses are allowed. (And mine is off, she's a nurse and works some Sundays.)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Maybe that is part of the formula to the NFL's success.  We are so keyed up after FA and the draft that by the time some useless exhibition games get here, we are dying for anything football.

Might get more people if choosing a road game to have party. Have family that way and would consider attending if off work. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This thread is for random thoughts as you sit bored on the couch watching chick flicks with you significant other and pretend not to cry.

So with that said, the inverse of infinity approaches zero...it is not zero.
Reply/Quote
You could always watch a former Bengal go for a Football Championship:

https://www.affl.com/

Quote:Two of the professional teams, the Roadrunners (led by Michael Vick and former Legion of Boom member Brandon Browner) and Team Ocho (led by Chad Ochocinco and former Oregon quarterback Dennis Dixon) faced off in the semis on Saturday, with Team Ocho squeezing out a victory.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
How is "Ogbuehi" pronounced?

Is it Og-Boo-EE?
Is it Og-Boo-Hi?
Is it Og-Boo-I?
Reply/Quote
(07-07-2018, 08:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: That all depends, are they hot chicks, or fat chicks?

I mean, if you drink enough to make the fat chicks look hot, was it really wasted alcohol?

Hey Sunset; probably none of my business but did you get a divorce in North Carolina? Did you or your ex-wife have to move out for a year before it became official?
Reply/Quote
I can make a move on thread.
Reply/Quote
If there's any reason the beginning of football season kind of disappoints me it's because it means that cold weather is right around the corner. I really dislike cold weather as I have been very close to freezing to death more than once. Admittedly since I live in SC now cold weather isn't as much as a concern as when I still lived in Ohio. During my last visit the temperature dropped to well below zero and I wasn't prepared for it..That ain't happening again .
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:12 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm with you on looking forward to football, and the approaching Autumn.  (My favorite time of the year!)  And I would be in if you threw together a party on watching a game as long as spouses are allowed.  (And mine is off, she's a nurse and works some Sundays.)

I wouldn't see why not, as long as everyone could behave....
Reply/Quote
This offseason has dragged by slower than usual, that's for sure.
Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:08 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: It is going to be fun!  And I might host a "Bengals Board" watch party now that I am a bachelor for some game.  Harley, there would be beer! 

I’m in. ThumbsUp

Reply/Quote
(07-08-2018, 10:30 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: How is "Ogbuehi" pronounced?

Is it Og-Boo-EE?
Is it Og-Boo-Hi?
Is it Og-Boo-I?

I thought that it was pronounced oh-BOO-he.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 12:22 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: Hey Sunset; probably none of my business but did you get a divorce in North Carolina? Did you or your ex-wife have to move out for a year before it became official?

First wife and I split while I still lived in Ohio.  But, since you're asking about NC?  As I understand, their laws are set up so as there must be a one year separation, before a divorce is granted. Not positive, but I think South Carolina is the same way.

Are you considering getting a divorce in NC?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I've been watching a lot of Reds baseball (which has been a lot better as of late), and trying to play golf twice a week - as both of those tend to go by the way side once football season starts.
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 06:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I wouldn't see why not, as long as everyone could behave....

You ought to start a thread in Fan Connection and see how many would be interested.  
Reply/Quote
(07-09-2018, 08:53 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: You ought to start a thread in Fan Connection and see how many would be interested.  

Except I can't find that forum anymore.
Reply/Quote