Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I'm Excited About Drew Sample!
Small Sample size.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
IF Eifert is healthy...I really doubt Sample sees the field much. We'll see. Could be a special teamer mainly Year 1.
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 02:32 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Small Sample size.

Ba dum tss.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2019, 08:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: video does not work Fritz.  Sample is under the radar type workhorse which PFF reported that his blocking was the best among ALL TE in this draft, including Hochenson, Smith Jr.

He caught every single pass but was not targeted often.  If Bengals selected him in the 4th, many would have considered he could have been had in the 5th. 

But he was selected in the 2nd.

There may be sparse outliers who would have cried about him in the 4th round.

You don't need to over-dramatize reaction for the pick.

I hope you're right.

If it works for ZT and he does make an impact that is the most important thing.

Just settle down.  We won't know how great the pick is until we see what he brings(obviously).

The best thing is even if his QB in college ignored him, that he's going to a team where the QB will see him and throw to him if open.

Being a second round pick at TE I'd certainly like to see him activated and played immediately.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I don't think anybody is upset with the pick as a player or as a person, I think everyone who doesn't like the pick has a problem with the perceived value. If he comes in and performs like they want him to, in a year or two very few fans will even recall what pick he was.
Reply/Quote
Here some film on Sample. The video covers every offensive play of Washington vs Utah, and highlights where Sample was on each play:

The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote