Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Looking Forward To The 2 Tackles Drafted In 2015
The Top Pick was injured out of college. He must be good because teams don't normally draft a guy they have to wait a year for. Then there is the other tackle we did see some of....This should help muscle up our O Line. If both pan out, that is huge.....Very interested in seeing how they come along for Bengals....Blocking and Tackling, you can not win without it.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
In case you didn't know it was Cedric ogbuehi we picked first who played at around game 12? He looked good and the second tackle was jake fisher who is not learning every offensive line position so he is very versatile we drafted ogbuehi to replace whitworth bc we didn't think he would still be playing at such a high level still so he is gonna take Andre smiths spot at right tackle but it works out bc if we lose bodine 2 things can happen whitworth can switch to guard ogbuehi can switch to left tackle and fisher can switch to right tackle or fisher just takes bodine spot either way we're golden
Reply/Quote
I was a fan of both picks. So far, it's been working out nicely. The whining was ridiculous.

Reply/Quote
Jake Fisher played great as a rookie and Ogbuehi flashed greatness in limited snaps.

Really excited about both of these guys especially Ogbuehi who could of been a top 5 pick prior to his injury, tons of athleticism
for an OT that big. Should be Whit's replacement on down the road with his feet but should play very good at RT this year in the
passing game. The running game is my only question with Og right now but he flashed great even there last season late.
Reply/Quote
Actually u have it flip flopped coming out of college the questions were in the pass blocking game for ogbuehi
Reply/Quote
Would be great if they both pan out for Bengals.

Would love having a top O-line in NFL.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 01:39 AM)Jpoore Wrote: In case you didn't know it was Cedric ogbuehi we picked first who played at around game 12? He looked good and the second tackle was jake fisher who is not learning every offensive line position so he is very versatile we drafted ogbuehi to replace whitworth bc we didn't think he would still be playing at such a high level still so he is gonna take Andre smiths spot at right tackle but it works out bc if we lose bodine 2 things can happen whitworth can switch to guard ogbuehi can switch to left tackle and fisher can switch to right tackle or fisher just takes bodine spot either way we're golden

(07-21-2016, 04:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Actually u have it flip flopped coming out of college the questions were in the pass blocking game for ogbuehi

Thanks for this Jpoore but i believe Ogbuehi's talents transition very well to pass protection in the NFL with his
athleticism but don't get me wrong. You know your shit. I completely agree with your analysis on both Fisher and
Og. That is the thing, both have immense talent in both departments of the game. Pass and run blocking.

Just saw a touch of Og last year and Fish was very impressive just as rooks.
Reply/Quote
(07-21-2016, 09:06 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thanks for this Jpoore but i believe Ogbuehi's talents transition very well to pass protection in the NFL with his
athleticism but don't get me wrong. You know your shit. I completely agree with your analysis on both Fisher and
Og. That is the thing, both have immense talent in both departments of the game. Pass and run blocking.

Just saw a touch of Og last year and Fish was very impressive just as rooks.
As well as you know your shit too I was just saying what I heard talent wise I think ogbuehi has the ability to be another Andrew whitworth for the next ten years at left tackle especially if whit switches to guard and then can mentor ogbuehi at left tackle but the reason some teams didn't pick him up earlier in the draft was bc of the fact that his injury and he had questions in his pass blocking. Combined they didn't feel like it was worth a first round pick. The bengals once again proved why they have the best draft room in the nfl by picking him up... I LOVED what little I saw from him this year and he looked great in pass protection so idk what people were seeing coming out of college... And fisher man he is so athletic and him being able to play every offensive line spot is amazing can't wait to see how we are able to use him this year.... Man look at our line in a couple years if we keep everyone but whit when he retires... Ogbuehi fisher bodine zeitler boling that's a top 3 o line
Reply/Quote
(07-22-2016, 01:56 AM)Jpoore Wrote: As well as you know your shit too I was just saying what I heard talent wise I think ogbuehi has the ability to be another Andrew whitworth for the next ten years at left tackle especially if whit switches to guard and then can mentor ogbuehi at left tackle but the reason some teams didn't pick him up earlier in the draft was bc of the fact that his injury and he had questions in his pass blocking. Combined they didn't feel like it was worth a first round pick. The bengals once again proved why they have the best draft  room in the nfl by picking him up... I LOVED what little I saw from him this year and he looked great in pass protection so idk what people were seeing coming out of college... And fisher man he is so athletic and him being able to play every offensive line spot is amazing can't wait to see how we are able to use him this year.... Man look at our line in a couple years if we keep everyone but whit when he retires... Ogbuehi fisher bodine zeitler boling that's a top 3 o line

Yeah, just hope the Center position improves whether it is Bodine getting better which i have my doubts or
Westerman transitioning well to this spot or Alex Cooper the UDFA. That is still our biggest weakness on the
team in my honest opinion. We are very solid pretty much everywhere else.

DE depth is a question too though, hope we sign Freeney for this reason.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully one of them can fill Big Whit's shoes after he retires. Also would be cool to add another amazing tackle to the list of great Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 03:55 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Hopefully one of them can fill Big Whit's shoes after he retires. Also would be cool to add another amazing tackle to the list of great Bengals.

Hopefully ...........but them are some BIG shoes to fill !

But do like what I have seen so far from each. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Glad to find out Ogbuehi missed time in OTAs for a sports hernia operation and it was the knee or anything more serious.
Reply/Quote
Time for these picks to start paying dividends.
Reply/Quote
(07-27-2016, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, just hope the Center position improves whether it is Bodine getting better which i have my doubts or
Westerman transitioning well to this spot or Alex Cooper the UDFA. That is still our biggest weakness on the
team in my honest opinion. We are very solid pretty much everywhere else.

DE depth is a question too though, hope we sign Freeney for this reason.

I think it will he looked better last year plus people forget he just turned 24 he is still really young so I think this could be his breakout year
Reply/Quote