Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Not Expecting Much 1st Preseason Game
NEW DEY will probably start with a thud Saturday Night in Kansas City. There is really no reason to expect the blocking to look good, it hasn't in training camp so far per head coach. That's OK, I expect the 2018 last place team to start NEW DEY from the bottom up. They may get coached up and get it together in regular season. I have very low expectations 1st preseason game. I expect them to look awful. Anything over awful would be a surprise. I expect no blocking and the defense won't look as hot going against another teams blocking. The good news is this game don't count, just part of training camp is all, nothing more. I won't even say Go Bengals. I'll save that for regular season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Exactly why these games are played. Gives the team the ability to see their weaknesses and work on them. Plus, it also helps newer players get their shot and show what they can contribute. Are the W&Ls important? Traditionally, their not. However in our case it may be different. A new coaching staff must work now in managing the clock and game. With this being ZTs first year as HC, I feel he needs to pack all he can into the preseason. His whole staff does.

Where players are concerned, they need to learn each other and how each one will react. They need to be disciplined and stay focused on the basics. No razzle dazzle BS which causes injuries. We don’t need injuries period, but more so don’t need them accumulating in preseason. KC will also be playing guys who are just trying to make the roster. So very unlikely we start with a thud. TBH, the first preseason game, both teams usually look flat and unattractive. Again, it’s why they are played.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Our backups and camp fodder are gonna whoop they ass...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
First pass Dolrgalagala completed completes will be all the proof I need that he should start.
Reply/Quote
I'm expecting nothing less than shock & awe.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:12 AM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: I'm expecting nothing less than shock & awe.

I'm expecting to be reminded that the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in pre-season and that pre-season doesn't count.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm expecting to be reminded that the 0-16 Lions went 4-0 in pre-season and that pre-season doesn't count.

most of the games are decided by deep depth.....  who has the best 3rd string QB
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: most of the games are decided by deep depth.....  who has the best 3rd string QB

Well, Dolegalgala should be our starter so I foresee us wracking up the points!
Reply/Quote
Game # 1 in Preseason

1st Quarter - We may or may not see much of AD, but likely will see other starters for at least 2 series. I expect us to be rusty and in learning mode on offense and defense.

2nd - 4th Quarter - I just like to see if anyone sticks out from either team on offense or defense to win a roster spot. I think M. IIoka lost his job during camp a few years ago, so what vets jobs are on the line???
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 09:55 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: most of the games are decided by deep depth.....  who has the best 3rd string QB

Yep, wins and losses by 3rd and 4th string QB's do not matter.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:17 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Yep, wins and losses by 3rd and 4th string QB's do not matter.

Ehh, someimtes you have a Matt Flynn/Russel Wilson sort of situation.  Oh man, is Ryan Finley our Russel Wilson!?
Reply/Quote
I am worried that Dalton, if he plays, may get killed on the first snap due to the porous offensive line.

In truth, I am not expecting much from the offense in the first two preseason games but I do expect the defense to show up even if it is vanilla.

Please no injuries for either team. Pray
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I wonder if were going to follow the Rams model and play no starters for the pre season has anyone asked Zac this specifically?
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:43 PM)Bengalfan4life27c Wrote: I wonder if were going to follow the Rams model and play no starters for the pre season has anyone asked Zac this specifically?

I am not certain but I remember reading somewhere that the starters will only play one series.  At least on offense. I thought I read like 4 plays total.
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:42 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: I am worried that Dalton, if he plays, may get killed on the first snap due to the porous offensive line.  

In truth, I am not expecting much from the offense in the first two preseason games but I do expect the defense to show up even if it is vanilla.  

Please no injuries for either team.   Pray

Best thing to watch is not the scoreboard lol.. I just watch the players to try and see them do the little things they should be.   Tackle Block   Catch a damn pass lol...

I don't expect Dalton Boyd mixon or Eifert to play much... But I would keep the startin OL out there for a least a few series... since they seem like they need to most work together.
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 12:47 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Best thing to watch is not the scoreboard lol.. I just watch the players to try and see them do the little things they should be.   Tackle Block   Catch a damn pass lol...

I don't expect Dalton Boyd mixon or Eifert to play much... But I would keep the startin OL out there for a least a few series... since they seem like they need to most work together.

That is a good suggestion.  It would be nice to win.  However, if I remember correctly, the defense could not make tackles last year.  I want to see them make sound tackles.  I also agree to keep an eye on Offensive line chemistry.  I am already preparing myself for false starts and fumbles.  

I want to see players play fast on both sides of the ball and I want the team to be physical because the AFC North is a physical division.  
-Paul Brown

My album "Dragon"

Reply/Quote
If we go 0-4 for the preseason with no injuries, id be stoked.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 05:33 AM)kevin Wrote: NEW DEY will probably start with a thud Saturday Night in Kansas City.  There is really no reason to expect the blocking to look good, it hasn't in training camp so far per head coach.  That's OK, I expect the 2018 last place team to start NEW DEY from the bottom up.  They may get coached up and get it together in regular season.  I have very low expectations 1st preseason game.  I expect them to look awful.  Anything over awful would be a surprise.  I expect no blocking and the defense won't look as hot going against another teams blocking.  The good news is this game don't count, just part of training camp is all, nothing more.  I won't even say Go Bengals. I'll save that for regular season.

Hey, didn't you drink the kool-aid?

It's a NEW DEY! Zac is worth 100x Marvin's and is a million X better coach.

It'll be 4-0 in the pre-season. It'll be 16-0 in the regular season. It'll be 3-0 in the playoffs and a SB win! Why? Because Marvin was so bad and the management is sooooo good and the players would have all been All-Pro if it were not for Marv. Didn't you know that?

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
(08-06-2019, 02:26 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Hey, didn't you drink the kool-aid?

It's a NEW DEY! Zac is worth 100x Marvin's and is a million X better coach.

It'll be 4-0 in the pre-season. It'll be 16-0 in the regular season. It'll be 3-0 in the playoffs and a SB win! Why? Because Marvin was so bad and the management is sooooo good and the players would have all been All-Pro if it were not for Marv. Didn't you know that?

Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Hell, you've convinced me  :andy: 

[Image: if-everyone-could-erqqj7.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I'd say there will be some growing pains.
Reply/Quote