Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Not That Hurt By This Loss...
Hear me out...

As Rodgers got everyone to jump off sides, and broke off that big gain...lining up the field goal, ending the game...I have to admit...I wasn't that hurt. Baltimore killed. Houston? It was like watching my family be murdered in front of me (and I paid to see it). Both of those games, nothing went on besides some good defensive plays and an occasional individual effort (Green catching the pass over three defenders).

The argument made against me was, "We should have won, 21-7." And I completely agree...but are you guys REALLY that surprised by the outcome? Marvin always lets his foot off the gas. That being said, it felt more like we got beat, rather than we beat ourselves. Houston? I wasn't impressed, and we had so many opportunities to beat them. Baltimore, the exact same thing. Aaron Rodgers is a straight gamer, and he made the game.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObeXZqmya0
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 05:15 AM)Bilbo Saggins Wrote: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wObeXZqmya0

That was depressing to watch.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:56 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Hear me out...

As Rodgers got everyone to jump off sides, and broke off that big gain...lining up the field goal, ending the game...I have to admit...I wasn't that hurt. Baltimore killed. Houston? It was like watching my family be murdered in front of me (and I paid to see it). Both of those games, nothing went on besides some good defensive plays and an occasional individual effort (Green catching the pass over three defenders).

The argument made against me was, "We should have won, 21-7." And I completely agree...but are you guys REALLY that surprised by the outcome? Marvin always lets his foot off the gas. That being said, it felt more like we got beat, rather than we beat ourselves. Houston? I wasn't impressed, and we had so many opportunities to beat them. Baltimore, the exact same thing. Aaron Rodgers is a straight gamer, and he made the game.

In the first 2 games, it was very very bad. No effort, lack of enthusiasm/motivation, horrible play calling. At Packers? It was a refreshing loss. We showed a lot of fight and a 110% improvement. Just wasn't enough. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In the first 2 games, it was very very bad. No effort, lack of enthusiasm/motivation, horrible play calling. At Packers? It was a refreshing loss. We showed a lot of fight and a 110% improvement. Just wasn't enough. 

I agree.  OP, I agree 100% with you as well.  At least we showed up yesterday.  Goes to show, a lot of us were right last season to get pissed about the Zampese promotion.  WJIII and Lawson need to be on that field as much as possible, Chris Smith too.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
We played better than two complete zero games against Ravens and Texans.

But I am sick to death of this team, the lack of concentration, no adjustments at half time, predictable bomb of a second half by offense, etc.

Having to take a time out on the first play of overtime and then calling a predictable run to right for loss on first play of overtime- says it all.

I have seen this over and over and over again fair 15 years. Frankly, I have seen it ever since Paul Brown died and Mike took over. Wre really had a solid and professional team which was always in the hunt when Paul was alive.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 10:14 AM)Wyche Wrote: I agree.  OP, I agree 100% with you as well.  At least we showed up yesterday.  Goes to show, a lot of us were right last season to get pissed about the Zampese promotion.  WJIII and Lawson need to be on that field as much as possible, Chris Smith too.

How many times can you lose a coordinator and promote the next guy in line? Are all of our coaches on the staff coordinator quality?
Reply/Quote
I didn't have a lot of faith going into the game and to be quite honest expected to lose. Having said that when we were up 21-7 I started to just barely believe, only to get stung again.

The 2nd half meltdown, a mainstay of ML led teams, shouldn't have surprised me the little bit it did.

It did however cement into place my desire to see this coaching staff blown up ! At a minimum Lewis and Alexander need to be shown the door.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 11:37 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many times can you lose a coordinator and promote the next guy in line? Are all of our coaches on the staff coordinator quality?

Rumor has it the water boy was drawing up plays on the sideline.  Ninja
Reply/Quote
C'mon..did anyone truly believe that the Bengals with a 21-7 lead were going to knock off Aaron Rogers in Green Bay with 7 sacks? 
You gotta admit that Marvin has balls of iron to be able to pull this off year after year and still get up in front of the cameras and pretend to be serious..
It really takes some real hootspah to throw games like this year after year and not get tossed in prison for it..

Somehow there are STILL people believing that it's merely Marvin taking his foot off the gas. How many gas pedals do we have to throw out on I-75 and not get killed in a rear end collision before someone realizes that this is no accident? 
Oh wait..everyone driving behind this team on the freeway is riding the brakes and our brake lights don't work! What a coincidence! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 07:26 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In the first 2 games, it was very very bad. No effort, lack of enthusiasm/motivation, horrible play calling. At Packers? It was a refreshing loss. We showed a lot of fight and a 110% improvement. Just wasn't enough. 

Ya, this is how I felt too.  I didn't expect a win yesterday at all, I just wanted some fight put into this team and it looked like they actually cared this week.  I'm not upset with this loss at all.  I feel if we would have played like yesterday in the first two weeks, we'd be looking at a very decent 2-1 team right now. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
When you come to terms with a 1-15/3-13 season. The losses don't hurt as much. Just going through the motions awaiting the 2018 offseason (new HC!), draft and season.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 03:56 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Hear me out...

Even the optimists expected the Bengals to lose to Green Bay before the season started. It's the losses to the "crappy" teams that hurt worse.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 01:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even the optimists expected the Bengals to lose to Green Bay before the season started. It's the losses to the "crappy" teams that hurt worse.

The irony is that Packers team was so decimated by injury that the game was winnable. Their defense was a shell of what it normally is. Their offensive line was destroyed. No Randall Cobb too.

Those are games good teams capitalize on.
Reply/Quote
Didn't take the loss that bad because I have no faith in a Marvin Lewis coached team to ever win a big game or for his team make a big play when they need to.
Reply/Quote
I didn't have high hopes for the season when we decided this OL was the best product we could put on the field. We went 6-9-1 and did very little to improve on it. So I take every loss as another step closer to Marvin being gone.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote