Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Rooting Hard for the Browns to go 0-16
Anyone else here that wishes they go 0-16?

1 win in 2 years would be a crazy feat in the NFL. That's what you get when you put a baseball guy in charge of a football team.
Reply/Quote
I don't care what the Browns do. They are irrelevant like they have been since they came back to Cleveland. They will get a number 1 pick or again trade them down for more picks. Then play QB shuffle like they always do. Who cares? I'm more concerned about how the Bengals will work to become a team that is a contender over the next few years.

Sure let's wish the Browns go 0-16, how does that benefit Bengals?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I would rather see the Browns destroy the Ravens and the Steelers in their remaining games.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would rather see the Browns destroy the Ravens and the Steelers in their remaining games.

And this.  I'd like to see the Browns beat the Steelers and Ravens instead of going 0-16.  Heck who wouldn't? How funny would it be if the they got beat by the lowly Browns?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
#wellactually the Browns are doing the right thing to build for their team long term. They have no talent and have worked to acquire more. They've invested in DL and OL, and are then working to get a QB and other pieces. So their baseball GM is making the right moves. It's called long term investment. See - 76ers
Reply/Quote
Well for guys rooting for the Bengals to tank for draft picks, let the Browns be a lesson. Nothing is guaranteed, and when you allow a team to hit rock bottom, it can be a decade before you pull the franchise back to respectability
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 12:29 AM)eoxyod Wrote: #wellactually the Browns are doing the right thing to build for their team long term. They have no talent and have worked to acquire more. They've invested in DL and OL, and are then working to get a QB and other pieces. So their baseball GM is making the right moves. It's called long term investment. See - 76ers
Passing on guys like Wentz and Watson is a strange way to work on their QB situation. Unless you think Kizer is the answer, which they themselves don’t even seem to.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:32 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Anyone else here that wishes they go 0-16?

1 win in 2 years would be a crazy feat in the NFL. That's what you get when you put a baseball guy in charge of a football team.

I'm just glad McCaron didn't wind up there. A great way to destroy you career, and he seems like a decent guy.
This post brought to you by the Cincinnati Bengals. Proud leaders in squandering opportunity, since 1969.
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:45 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would rather see the Browns destroy the Ravens and the Steelers in their remaining games.

Pretty much this
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:49 AM)Brimey Wrote: Well for guys rooting for the Bengals to tank for draft picks, let the Browns be a lesson. Nothing is guaranteed, and when you allow a team to hit rock bottom, it can be a decade before you pull the franchise back to respectability

Just clearing things up, im rooting for the Bengals to tank because i fear thats the only way that moves Mike Brown to make any real changes with the coaching. If we finish out the season on a high note it will be more reason for him to keep things the way they are, and i think we all can agree Marvin has worn out his welcome here.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately after the 2nd 2 game win streak this year, Marvin's extension is probably already being typed up. MB really dont care about wha the fans or media says. All he cares about is what the accounting department says.

Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't care what the Browns do. They are irrelevant like they have been since they came back to Cleveland. They will get a number 1 pick or again trade them down for more picks. Then play QB shuffle like they always do. Who cares? I'm more concerned about how the Bengals will work to become a team that is a contender over the next few years.

By possibly getting Hugh back as the OC.

Until recently, I woulda bet anything that Hugh didn’t need to win for job security. But I’m not so sure now.

I think there’s a good possibility that Marvin returns next year, if so I’d like to see Hugh come back. At least that would dampen the sting a little if Marvin is retained.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 08:33 AM)Devils Advocate Wrote: By possibly getting Hugh back as the OC.

Until recently, I woulda bet anything that Hugh didn’t need to win for job security. But I’m not so sure now.

I think there’s a good possibility that Marvin returns next year, if so I’d like to see Hugh come back. At least that would dampen the sting a little if Marvin is retained.

Please don’t give MB any ideas.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 08:34 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: Please don’t give MB any ideas.

I think he already has the idea of keeping Marvin, as long (Marvin) doesn’t lose out. Sad but true.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
(11-26-2017, 11:41 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: I don't care what the Browns do.  They are irrelevant like they have been since they came back to Cleveland. They will get a number 1 pick or again trade them down for more picks.  Then play QB shuffle like they always do.  Who cares?  I'm more concerned about how the Bengals will work to become a team that is a contender over the next few years.

It doesn't....Lets say McCarron goes to Browns and Bengals use a second round tender....that is still a comp pick at end of second round, right....If we were getting the first pick in round 2, sure, go 0-16, but I'm pretty sure it would be a late round comp pick. ....Look for Cleveland to finish last a few years and get top picks and then get LeBron James back and trade most of those picks for veterans. Wait, that's the Cavaliers.  Before people start laughing at this new owner, he did take over the awful team of the past owners. He got Zeitler. They drafted the good D Lineman. The D is good against the run most games and they're running backs have talent.  They are about ready to get their suspended top WR back. We better laugh now, because the Browns could be a tough team as early as next season. Look at how fast the Rams turned things around, or Jacksonville.  This owner had connections with Pittsburg Steelers also, not just baseball.  You give this owner a couple years of free agency and top picks and watch out.   THE GREAT PAUL BROWN on starting the Bengals in 1968 told Cincy fans not to expect any winning for at least 5 years because that's how long it takes to build a team.  Going on Paul Brown then, it is way too early to be laughing at the Browns owner as the OP did.  Getting Zeitler and the top pick D Lineman and starting in the trenches may be a real smart start by this owner as they go forward. Look for them to add AJ McCarron in 10 weeks or so. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
It would absolutely thrill me to see the Browns beat the Steelers or the Ravens or both. They played well enough to win against Detroit and then again yesterday. Against Detroit it was some bad clock management, and yesterday against the Bengals it was a case of the dropsies by their receivers and their defensive players (two missed picks).

Next week, they play the Chargers at StubHub and the Chargers were the last team they beat. If the Chargers are smart, they won't take them lightly.
Reply/Quote
I really don't expect the Browns to win this year although I kind of hope they can run the table the rest of the way in. They're going to be a force to reckon with sooner or later. They're not run by Mikey boy and probably won't settle for being the Generals forever..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-27-2017, 03:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Passing on guys like Wentz and Watson is a strange way to work on their QB situation. Unless you think Kizer is the answer, which they themselves don’t even seem to.

Obviously they made a bad decision with that, but that doesn't change that the process generally being the right decision. They are banking on high reward players. I thought it was dumb of them to pass on Watson but they are still making the right move of acquiring as many picks as possible to increase their hit rate. 
Reply/Quote