Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
I'm Sick Of The Players Union
Look, the owners took a bath in Covid 2020. No Fans in stands, very few games of cardboard fans. No Minor Leagues. Now the next year in 2021 the Players Union wants MORE and MORE. This has caused the Owners to have a Lock Out in December with no end in site.

I don't care if they ever play baseball again. I said this in 1994 also to Pete Rose on National Radio. 1994 is a key year, because baseball has never been the same. It really made it to where you have the Big Rich City Teams and The Small City Teams. Teams like Pittsburgh and Cincinnati who had been great teams became doormats. There is no way a Pittsburgh or a Cincinnati can put good seasons together anymore. The rich teams get all their good players. Tampa is the exception and somehow they win by going against baseball tradition, but Pittsburgh and Cincinnati are too old school to be as smart as Tampa.

If 1994 made it worse for Pittsburgh and Cincinnati, more Players Union nonsense in 2021 into 2022 will just kill teams like Cincinnati. Cincinnati and Pittsburgh got hit harder by Covid No Season of 2020, because they could afford it less than big money bags Yankees and teams like that.

So later as Fans say, "Whats the matter with the Reds, Fire the manager, What's the matter with the Reds", that will only show how stupid the Fans are. The Fans who are all for the Players and the heck with the Owners. So things will only get worse for the Owners of Cincinnati or Pittsburgh. The real LOSERS in all this are the small market teams such as Cincinnati. THIS is why I don't care if they ever play baseball again. If they keep making it worse and worse for Cincinnati in this insane baseball economy that is so out of touch with the real USA economy, and there is no way Cincinnati can field anything but a last place team each year, then Let Baseball Die. Let the Yankees and Dodgers and others Die also, if smaller cities like Cincinnati and Pittsburgh are being Killed by Greed and Corruption by the Players Union and The Big City Teams.

Right now Covid is still worse than ever. Going in Christmas of 2022 Covid is way up. It is really starting to effect NFL and NBA in a big way. Climate Change is causing Tornados, Hurricanes, Floods, Fires, Disaster above anything mankind has seen before. Homes destroyed, millions left homeless. Yet in all of this we are suppose to cry that Mike Trout may not be making enough money, or some of these other over paid goons in baseball today. Lets all cry for the poor million dollar baseball players.....I say NO, the heck with them.....They can shut down baseball forever as far as I'm concerned....If these Players and Agents can't see the loss the Cincinnati Owners took in Covid. ...If the Players and Agents are going to force Cincinnati into either folding, or moving out of Cincinnati, or staying in Cincinnati but being in last place every year, then I say the heck with the players and baseball, and they can just stop playing now and forever more. If they are going to make it even harder for Cincinnati Owners to compete, then the heck with baseball.

Baseball Players could not have picked a worse time to get more greedy. I'm glad they are Locked Out. I hope they never play again. Let Mike Trout go get a regular job and see how much he makes. Right now The Reds should be making Trade Moves to balance their budget over losses they took in 2020 Covid, but Cincinnati Owners can't even do that in this Greed of Players and Agents blowing up the game. I say let the Players blow up baseball, and then these players go see how much money they make at the low level pay jobs they would be forced to take.

If Cincinnati can't field competitive teams, then I refuse to watch Yankees, Dodgers and such buy up all Cincinnati and Pittsburgh good players every year, just shut all of baseball down forever at that point. Lets see how much these players make flipping hamburgers.

It always NEEDS pointed out to Fans that you can not compare Reds to Bengals. The Cincinnati NFL Team has NFL TV Revenue Sharing. Baseball has NOTHING like that. What the Yankees or Dodgers make on TV is many times more than what Cincinnati or Pittsburgh makes. The NFL is set up for all teams to be competitive from TV Revenue Sharing to the way the Draft helps the worst teams. However Baseball is set up for The Yankees and other Rich Markets to Dominate. So it is foolish to compare Reds to Bengals. Things are more set up for the Bengals to have a good team, than for the Reds to have a good team. 1994 baseball strike made things worse for Reds, and this 2021-2022 strike will make it even more worse for Reds What baseball is doing to Reds owners, I'm Ok if they never play baseball again.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

-The National Labor Relations Board found that the Owners did not negotiate in good faith in the '94 strike yet you call it "player union nonsense".

-The owners make a killing. Every single one of them makes much more than the highest paid player. Yet you call the players "greedy".

-There was always a difference between big market teams and small market teams long before '94. The 95 agreement instituted a luxury tax to address that problem.

-You talk about how much Mike Trout makes, but the current labor dispute is an attempt to get more money for the younger lower paid players, not the top stars.
Reply/Quote
I'm planning on no baseball maybe until June or July. I just don't see an agreement coming soon. More fans will leave and follow other sports like soccer IMO. I'm not worried because I'm still upset they moved the Allstar game from Atlanta to Denver last year for political reasons that were not justified. If they did that, imagine what else will cause them to relocate games. And it was not the players that did it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/33059512/sources-mlb-makes-first-labor-proposal-lockout-awaits-union-counter

Looks like there are a lot of differences to overcome.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2021, 02:04 PM)guyofthetiger Wrote: I'm planning on no baseball maybe until June or July. I just don't see an agreement coming soon. More fans will leave and follow other sports like soccer IMO. I'm not worried because I'm still upset they moved the Allstar game from Atlanta to Denver last year for political reasons that were not justified. If they did that, imagine what else will cause them to relocate games. And it was not the players that did it.

Funny but not one single person I know of who has complained about the AllStar game being moved was affected in any way.

They just don't agree with the politics on that side.
Reply/Quote