Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm So Happy for Everyone Surrounding This Team
As the title states, I'm overjoyed right now.  

I'm especially happy for the players and coaching staff, and all of the other employess that make this business go; they're the ones putting in the work and Lord knows they've long overdue for some real success.  

I'm obviously happy for this city and the fans from all over who have supported this team.  They too were more than deserving and also due for some success.

And last but certainly not least, I'm very happy for Mike Brown (and his family) and Zac Taylor, two people who have been much maligned.  Whether you're now completely sold on the jobs they've done, or their resumes really isn't the point (at least not in my mind).  I think it's more about something most of us root for, the underdog or seeing someone who has failed finally succeed.  Even the cynic in me can't help but feel like it's nice to Mike finally win one and silence some of his critics.

I'm going to wrap it up here shortly.  I'm not totally sure what the point of this post is and I don't want to clog the board.  But I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to offer up my congratulations and applaud everything about this season.  It's been so much fun and every time I look at this roster and I think it's going to be an exciting few years coming up.

I know many of us haven't always seen eye to eye and there's been countless arguments about everything that surrounds this team from this forum to bars across the city.  But how great is it that we can set some of that aside and just enjoy some football?  Whether cetain people want to gloat, or others are willing to eat crow, or anything in between, it's all good.  I think we can all slowly start to turning our attention to what really matters, hopefully keeping this train going.

Congrats, everyone!  And let's go Bengals!!!!

PS I know I haven't been around much this year (I got a new job) but I've still been reading the board occassionally.  I hope everyone from JN is doing well and I've certainly missed going back and forth with some of you guys.
Reply/Quote
(01-16-2022, 05:51 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: As the title states, I'm overjoyed right now.

I'm especially happy for the players and coaching staff, and all of the other employess that make this business go; they're the ones putting in the work and Lord knows they've long overdue for some real success.

I'm obviously happy for this city and the fans from all over who have supported this team. They too were more than deserving and also due for some success.

And last but certainly not least, I'm very happy for Mike Brown (and his family) and Zac Taylor, two people who have been much maligned. Whether you're now completely sold on the jobs they've done, or their resumes really isn't the point (at least not in my mind). I think it's more about something most of us root for, the underdog or seeing someone who has failed finally succeed. Even the cynic in me can't help but feel like it's nice to Mike finally win one and silence some of his critics.

I'm going to wrap it up here shortly. I'm not totally sure what the point of this post is and I don't want to clog the board. But I just wanted to take a couple of minutes to offer up my congratulations and applaud everything about this season. It's been so much fun and every time I look at this roster and I think it's going to be an exciting few years coming up.

I know many of us haven't always seen eye to eye and there's been countless arguments about everything that surrounds this team from this forum to bars across the city. But how great is it that we can set some of that aside and just enjoy some football? Whether certain people want to gloat, or others are willing to eat crow, or anything in between, it's all good. I think we can all slowly start to turning our attention to what really matters, hopefully keeping this train going.

Congrats, everyone! And let's go Brandon!!!!

I’m not going to lie that’s what I read until I stopped and reread it. Can we make it to the AFC Championship game? Come on Bengals!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote