Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
... I'm Still In Shock
Bill Lazor has been unbelievable.

All week I was so worried about getting into a shootout. I thought we had NO chance to beat them at their own game, especially with the weapons they had and how well they have been playing.

The freaking Cincinnati Bengals went into Atlanta and beat them in a shootout! To me that is unbelievable! I have to stop thinking of the old Bengals, because Bill Lazor has transformed this offense into a potent weapon. It's so fun to watch.

Mixon back next week. Burfict back (and hopefully won't get hurt). Maybe Price back?

Excited for this team. Going 3-1 into getting Burfict back is something that I think we all thought was a stretch before the start of the season, but I did NOT see this explosive offense coming.

Thank you Bengals for the fun ride so far!
Reply/Quote
Fun game and looking forward to getting players back healthy as well.

Lazor has been great and Austin questionable.

Believe that Dalton deserves some credit as well.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 11:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Fun game and looking forward to getting players back healthy as well.

Agreed with all. 

Dalton is amazing! Something about him seems different this year. He is actually yelling at refs, and Marvin had to even hold him back yesterday! I love this attitude.

My favorite part though is that the o-line crumbled near the end of the game, but he stood in there and kept delivering dimes on that final drive. What an incredible performance. I'm glad too, because I want him and AJ to get their shot at a good run with this offense.
Reply/Quote
You could see this happening toward the end of last season as he added bits and pieces of his scheme, all it took was some at least competent blocking.  He even got that ball rolling by telling Piano Paul to sit down and shut up prior to the Browns game.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
The offense has been good and give credit to Lazor for sure. But lets also give a lot of credit to Frank Pollack and the improved O-Line. This has allowed us to do a lot more with our offensive playbook.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Lazor’s gonna be a HC within 3 years
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
He's done well this year.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:27 PM)corpjet Wrote: The offense has been good and give credit to Lazor for sure. But lets also give a lot of credit to Frank Pollack and the improved O-Line. This has allowed us to do a lot more with our offensive playbook.

Pollacks name don’t get mentioned enough. Dude has really stepped up. He’s pulling the best out of guys that have failed to show it in the past. He will improve the line as needed through the draft. Glad to have him.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Lazor’s gonna be a HC within 3 years

Perfect timing for a Marvin exit.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 11:58 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Fun game and looking forward to getting players back healthy as well.

Hoping Minnesota does poorly (so they can fire Zimmer) and he comes back 
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Lazor’s gonna be a HC within 3 years

Unless another team makes him a HC offer after this season...I think the odds of Lazor being the next Bengals head coach - after Marvin's 2 year deal expires - is pretty close to 100%.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 07:17 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Lazor’s gonna be a HC within 3 years

Hopefully in Cincinnati
Reply/Quote
The real success is lazor overcoming what marvin lewis was probably trying to fumble as time clock mismanagement at the game.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
There's always a flaw in the [insert coordinator name] as Marvs replacement argument. 
1. Mike Brown and his undying loyalty 
2. Marvin pretty much has to just up and quit. He ain't getting fired especially if the winning continues REGARDLESS of post season results. 
3. It leaves a huge vacancy in the position currently held by [insert coordinator name ] with no apparent successor. Remember who got the job when Hue went to Cleveland ? It weren't pretty.

Look, I'm all for tooting Lazor's horns. He's working nothing short of miracles here now , but we don't know how he might do as a HC.. There have been more than just a few successful coordinators, both offensive and defensive who have utterly flopped as head coaches.  While Marvin has shown time and time again his limitations as HC he's never really been an utter flop except in the post season thus far. And suppose we actually get to and win the Super Bowl this season.. What then? Anyone realistically think he's gonna get fired right away? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Totally agree with the OP. This new offense looks so much better than it has in many years. Maybe since 2005.

Pollack too, but let's not forget Alex Van Pelt. Andy is learning to make the hard plays and that's what VP said he needed to work on the most. He's extending plays, throwing on the run, and not making mistakes with the ball (knock on wood).
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 09:52 PM)jorev5 Wrote: Hoping Minnesota does poorly (so they can fire Zimmer) and he comes back 

Why would we want a coach who does poorly?

I’d much rather find the next Sean McVay or Doug Pederson.

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2018, 12:04 PM)thillan Wrote: Agreed with all. 

Dalton is amazing! Something about him seems different this year. He is actually yelling at refs, and Marvin had to even hold him back yesterday! I love this attitude.

My favorite part though is that the o-line crumbled near the end of the game, but he stood in there and kept delivering dimes on that final drive. What an incredible performance. I'm glad too, because I want him and AJ to get their shot at a good run with this offense.

I didn't see that, but I did against the Ratbirds and I love that he is becoming more vocal.  

He has to sense that they are an absolute contender.  
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 07:27 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I didn't see that, but I did against the Ratbirds and I love that he is becoming more vocal.  

He has to sense that they are an absolute contender.  

He yelled during the Kroft interception where Kroft got mugged by the defender....
Reply/Quote

Agree.  Let's not let another one get away!
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2018, 08:09 AM)Sled21 Wrote: He yelled during the Kroft interception where Kroft got mugged by the defender....

It was more than that, Marvin had to pull him back off the field.....he was PISSED.  He wasn't very happy last week after the INT where Ross stopped on the route.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote