Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I'm Still Upset Eifert Got An Injury In Meaningless Pro Bowl
NFL Network showing replay of Pro Bowl, the most boring pointless game of the year. Not very many people in stands either. Way before Eifert got injured in this, I was saying for years on Bengals.com Jungle Noise that this dumb game needs stopped before some top players get injured. Well, it happened and Eifert has hardly played in 2016 and 2017 after having the 2015 season Pro Bowl Game injury. Again, NFL Network will show more replays of this game and anything on TV is better than watching this boring game. The play-offs make sense, the Super Bowl makes sense, regular season makes sense, but the Pro Bowl game makes no sense. It is not a team concept well practiced playbook game, and this exhibition game is worse than preseason. At least preseason is to prepare for the season and even then you don't want preseason injuries. Injuries in the Pro Bowl are the worst. Eifert hasn't been the same since injured in this dumb Pro Bowl, and THAT is hard to accept. One day they will get smart and stop this pointless Pro Bowl Game that few watch anyway.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 11:18 AM)kevin Wrote: NFL Network showing replay of Pro Bowl, the most boring pointless game of the year.  Not very many people in stands either.  Way before Eifert got injured in this, I was saying for years on Bengals.com Jungle Noise that this dumb game needs stopped before some top players get injured.  Well, it happened and Eifert has hardly played in 2016 and 2017 after having the 2015 season Pro Bowl Game injury.  Again, NFL Network will show more replays of this game and anything on TV is better than watching this boring game.  The play-offs make sense, the Super Bowl makes sense, regular season makes sense, but the Pro Bowl game makes no sense.  It is not a team concept well practiced playbook game, and this exhibition game is worse than preseason.  At least preseason is to prepare for the season and even then you don't want preseason injuries. Injuries in the Pro Bowl are the worst.  Eifert hasn't been the same since injured in this dumb Pro Bowl, and THAT is hard to accept.  One day they will get smart and stop this pointless Pro Bowl Game that few watch anyway.

While I agree that the Pro Bowl is dumb, Eifert's injury at the Pro Bowl was a foot injury and his injury this past year was a back injury. Unrelated.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Pro Bowl injuries are hard pills to swallow.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I was upset originally when it happened. But now we know Eifert would have gotten hurt walking down the street I think he gave the Probowl a bad rep.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Let’s not blame the Pro Bowl because Eifert is made of glass. It might be a meaningless game for fans, but the players (most of them) enjoy the experience with their family and if you win you get $64,000. Not a bad bonus for an exhibition game.
Reply/Quote
I wish the NFL would take all the garbage games off the air and just go back to how it used to be. Thursday night sucks , Sunday night sucks, London Games suck , Pro Bowl Ugh!!!!

Just have most of the games at 1:00 Sunday Afternoon and the rest at 4:00 Pm. What is so hard about that?
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:54 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I wish the NFL would take all the garbage games off the air and just go back to how it used to be. Thursday night sucks , Sunday night sucks, London Games suck , Pro Bowl  Ugh!!!!

Just have most of the games at 1:00 Sunday Afternoon and the rest at 4:00 Pm. What is so hard about that?

I don't know man, I actually enjoy the Sunday and Monday Night games.  I can get on board with getting rid of the rest, the Thursday Night and London games seem to have more of a negative effect on players and teams than the meager boost in NFL revenue can adequately justify.

Edit: I forgot to mention that I whole heartedly support the idea of doing away with the Pro-Bowl Game. It's really nothing more than a popularity contest, anyway. Besides, the NFL already names a true All-Star team, called the All-Pro team which, in my mind is much more a prestigious honor than being named to the Pro-Bowl team.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:54 PM)bengalhoel Wrote: I wish the NFL would take all the garbage games off the air and just go back to how it used to be. Thursday night sucks , Sunday night sucks, London Games suck , Pro Bowl  Ugh!!!!

I agree, with the exception of MNF.  That's been around for a long time.  But you're right, the rest can go.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Sadly, that pro-bowl injury is a perfect summary of Eifert's career. Pro Bowl talent that can't stay healthy.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I agree.  Get rid of the Thursday night game, London games, Pro Bowl.  I don't mind Sunday night and Monday night football though.
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
If Eiffert does play again the bengals should get him on the cheap.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 12:10 PM)jj22 Wrote: I was upset originally when it happened. But now we know Eifert would have gotten hurt walking down the street I think he gave the Probowl a bad rep.
This
(01-29-2018, 12:40 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Let’s not blame the Pro Bowl because Eifert is made of glass. It might be a meaningless game for fans, but the players (most of them) enjoy the experience with their family and if you win you get $64,000. Not a bad bonus for an exhibition game.

And This.

Eifert would of gotten hurt some other way but I wonder how many of these injuries he would of played through if he played for the Pats or Steelers as opposed to the Bengals. And I wonder if the best doctors in the field would of put off his injury to get it fixed till the season started I think the doctors are most of the problem around our team.
Reply/Quote
I wish the whole "Eifert is Mr. Glass" routine would die and go away as well. He plays the #1 TE position, which is a brutal position in the NFL. Of course he's injured a lot. I seem to remember Mr. Gronkowsky watching the Super Bowl in Robert Kraft's box, where he will likely watch it again this year. Face it, today's TE's and the ways they are used, it's a wonder they all aren't injured.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 01:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I agree.  Get rid of the Thursday night game, London games, Pro Bowl.  I don't mind Sunday night and Monday night football though.

London games don't really tickle my pickle, but I like having football on on Thursday night.  Gives some early fantasy action if possible, half watch the game while working out or putting in some extra hours if the game itself isn't so important to me, and so on.  I like football on Thursday because it's a chance to watch a game I'm not likely to have a chance to watch if every game but 1 is on Sunday.

More football to watch.  Gimmie.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 01:41 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

yep the more primetime air time the more ratings and higher $$$ value from advertisers 
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 03:54 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yep the more primetime air time the more ratings and higher $$$ value from advertisers 

Yuck, I hate capitalism.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2018, 01:15 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I agree, with the exception of MNF.  That's been around for a long time.  But you're right, the rest can go.

I'm old enough to remember when MNF started, and was truly special. It hasn't been special in a very long time.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2018, 12:27 AM)snowy Wrote: I'm old enough to remember when MNF started, and was truly special. It hasn't been special in a very long time.

Being around for 48 years does tend to wear the novelty out of something, typically. When I was 4 or so people used to tell me I was special all the time. Fast forward 32 years and you'd be surprised how little I hear those words. Sigh.
Reply/Quote
It really is a useless game with an unnecessary risk for injury and should not be played.

Reply/Quote
How in the world do guys get injured in the great American beauty contest? I mean, he really went out of his way for that injury and still gets paid..
How many of us could get injured and get to take off the next few years and still get paid like these guys do? 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote