Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm Worried. It's Finally The Bengals Year!!!
Checking in with my popcorn in hand... I see BFritz is already in regular season mode.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-04-2017, 06:09 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So it makes it ok that he raped multiple women just because time has gone by since he did so?

Steelers fans continue to be the class of the NFL.

Rolleyes

I never said it made it ok. I can't stand the guy as a human being. I think he's scum and should rot in hell. What I don't agree with is using the same regurgitated jokes for 7 years now. If all you can come up with about one of the greatest quarterback's of all time, is a rape joke from over half a decade ago, than you need some new material.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 08:31 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I never said it made it ok. I can't stand the guy as a human being. I think he's scum and should rot in hell. What I don't agree with is using the same regurgitated jokes for 7 years now. If all you can come up with about one of the greatest quarterback's of all time, is a rape joke from over half a decade ago, than you need some new material.

You think him raping women is a joke?

Wow..........
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 12:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think him raping women is a joke?

Wow..........

Why do you even still watch football? If you're so sure he's guilty doesn't that mean you're still following a league that protected him from the consequences of that guilt?
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 12:48 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Why do you even still watch football? If you're so sure he's guilty doesn't that mean you're still following a league that protected him from the consequences of that guilt?

I actually love how you turned that around on me like I'm the guilty one and like I support a rapist.

It's similar to victim blaming like when a rapist says she was asking for it because she was flirting or wearing a shirt that said "DTF."
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 01:24 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I actually love how you turned that around on me like I'm the guilty one and like I support a rapist.

It's similar to victim blaming like when a rapist says she was asking for it because she was flirting or wearing a shirt that said "DTF."

You're reading too much into what I'm saying (once again).  I'm not trying to "turn the tables" or even say that you support a rapist.  I'm saying that if he's truly the rapist you think he is, then you're supporting an organization that supports a rapist (the NFL), and that makes you just about as hypocritical as the rest of us.  Not worse, maybe not even as bad, but certainly hypocritical.  

Because surely you're not so naïve to think that the NFL wouldn't have a vested interest in making sure a guilty Ben wasn't prosecuted.  Right?

You are absolutely certain that Ben did it and you morally castigate anyone who either denies it or is indifferent to the issue by continuing to root for the Steelers.  But the league is demonstrating exactly that same denial and/or indifference by allowing Ben to continue to play and make millions. And that's the best-case scenario. The worst case scenario is that they actually influenced the legal system to let him walk.  If we're terrible people for not agreeing with you on this, isn't the League just as bad? And wouldn't it be logically consistent for you to stop following the NFL out of protest against this injustice that you are so certain of?  Yet, you continue to be an NFL fan just like we continue to be Steeler fans.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 12:41 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: You think him raping women is a joke?

Wow..........

I never said that I think it's a joke. I said people who makes jokes about it need new material. Bengals are always calling him Rapelisberger making pictures with rapes jokes and think it's funny. Honestly I think it's classless to make fun of rape. Maybe someday the Bengals fans and other team's fan that do this will grow up and get past the accusations which he was never charged with.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 05:42 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I never said that I think it's a joke. I said people who makes jokes about it need new material. Bengals are always calling him Rapelisberger making pictures with rapes jokes and think it's funny. Honestly I think it's classless to make fun of rape. Maybe someday the Bengals fans and other team's fan that do this will grow up and get past the accusations which he was never charged with.

But it's not classless to support a team run by a quarterback who committed rape?

And he was never charged because he had his bodyguards block the door and they forced the girl into the bathroom.  You should look into the facts before you throw out a statement like it was ok to rape her just because he wasn't charged because that's a kick to the face to the women that he's raped.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 01:43 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're reading too much into what I'm saying (once again).  I'm not trying to "turn the tables" or even say that you support a rapist.  I'm saying that if he's truly the rapist you think he is, then you're supporting an organization that supports a rapist (the NFL), and that makes you just about as hypocritical as the rest of us.  Not worse, maybe not even as bad, but certainly hypocritical.  

Because surely you're not so naïve to think that the NFL wouldn't have a vested interest in making sure a guilty Ben wasn't prosecuted.  Right?

You are absolutely certain that Ben did it and you morally castigate anyone who either denies it or is indifferent to the issue by continuing to root for the Steelers.  But the league is demonstrating exactly that same denial and/or indifference by allowing Ben to continue to play and make millions.  And that's the best-case scenario.  The worst case scenario is that they actually influenced the legal system to let him walk.  If we're terrible people for not agreeing with you on this, isn't the League just as bad?  And wouldn't it be logically consistent for you to stop following the NFL out of protest against this injustice that you are so certain of?  Yet, you continue to be an NFL fan just like we continue to be Steeler fans.

The NFL couldn't do anything because Ben had his bodyguards block the door and while he raped her, and she didn't press charges because she knew he'd get off light, which would be  like getting raped all over again, so she just took it to civil court, where she won.

I support the NFL, the NFL doesn't support Ben but it has no choice other than to let him play.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: But it's not classless to support a team run by a quarterback who committed rape?

And he was never charged because he had his bodyguards block the door and they forced the girl into the bathroom.  You should look into the facts before you throw out a statement like it was ok to rape her just because he wasn't charged because that's a kick to the face to the women that he's raped.

They said after exhaustive interviews and inconclusive medical exams, the student's accusations could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. He's guilty of being dumb and putting himself into this kind of position, but he wasn't found guilty, so yes, he's a scum bag, but wasn't found guilty of raping her in a court of law. That's the great thing with our judicial system, just because someone accuses you of something, doesn't mean you're automatically guilty of it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The NFL couldn't do anything because Ben had his bodyguards block the door and while he raped her, and she didn't press charges because she knew he'd get off light, which would be  like getting raped all over again, so she just took it to civil court, where she won.

I support the NFL, the NFL doesn't support Ben but it has no choice other than to let him play.

Woah, woah, slow down there Brad, you're all over the map just because you don't like Ben. First you start talking about the girl from Milledgeville, Georgia in the bar room. They didn't prosecute because there was inconclusive medical exams and exhaustive interviews there wasn't enough proof. Then you go on about her suing him in civil court. Well that was the Lake Tahoe woman, not the Georgia woman. Before you tell someone look into the facts, maybe you should make sure you look into your facts as well. I thought you were smarter than that, I guess not.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 06:34 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The NFL couldn't do anything because Ben had his bodyguards block the door and while he raped her, and she didn't press charges because she knew he'd get off light, which would be  like getting raped all over again, so she just took it to civil court, where she won.

They most certainly do have a choice.  The NFL has a long history of punishing players without convictions, and their current policy is open-ended enough to allow for a lot of inconsistency when doing so.  In fact, didn't they just expand the Giants' kicker's suspension as a result of their own investigation (separate from any law proceedings)? Oh, they would be more than capable of banning Ben for life if they truly believed he was guilty of rape (that is, if they cared enough about justice to do so).  But the fact that they haven't is an indication that they either deny or are indifferent to Ben's guilt.

Thus, you support a league that does not support your assessment of the situation.

But, since they're not the Steelers (and since their denial of Ben's guilt actually effects you), I totally understand why you have no problem with that.

And by the way, Captain Obvious is correct - there was no civil suit in the Georgia case.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 07:12 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: They said after exhaustive interviews and inconclusive medical exams, the student's accusations could not be proved beyond a reasonable doubt. He's guilty of being dumb and putting himself into this kind of position, but he wasn't found guilty, so yes, he's a scum bag, but wasn't found guilty of raping her in a court of law. That's the great thing with our judicial system, just because someone accuses you of something, doesn't mean you're automatically guilty of it. 
Because he had his bodyguards block the door while Ben raped her.  A small college girl fearing for her life isn't going to try to fight off a man that's 6'5, 240 pounds out of fear of being hurt worse.

He doesn't deny it happened but he just says it was consensual, which it obviously wasn't but it happened to fast and he got all the girls so drunk and then had his bodyguards block the door that there was obviously a lot of confusion.
(09-09-2017, 07:19 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Woah, woah, slow down there Brad, you're all over the map just because you don't like Ben. First you start talking about the girl from Milledgeville, Georgia in the bar room. They didn't prosecute because there was inconclusive medical exams and exhaustive interviews there wasn't enough proof. Then you go on about her suing him in civil court. Well that was the Lake Tahoe woman, not the Georgia woman. Before you tell someone look into the facts, maybe you should make sure you look into your facts as well. I thought you were smarter than that, I guess not.
Sorry, a raping scumbag is a raping scumbag to me, and I get mixed up in the instances that he has raped women.
(09-09-2017, 07:24 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: They most certainly do have a choice.  The NFL has a long history of punishing players without convictions, and their current policy is open-ended enough to allow for a lot of inconsistency when doing so.  In fact, didn't they just expand the Giants' kicker's suspension as a result of their own investigation (separate from any law proceedings)? Oh, they would be more than capable of banning Ben for life if they truly believed he was guilty of rape (that is, if they cared enough about justice to do so).  But the fact that they haven't is an indication that they either deny or are indifferent to Ben's guilt.

Thus, you support a league that does not support your assessment of the situation.

But, since they're not the Steelers (and since their denial of Ben's guilt actually effects you), I totally understand why you have no problem with that.

And by the way, Captain Obvious is correct - there was no civil suit in the Georgia case.  And for that matter no one "won" the case you are referring to.  It was settled out of court.  Every lawyer in the country will tell you that there are other reasons to settle than to avoid a loss in court.  But past experience has taught me that you are not capable of enough intellectual nuance to understand those reasons, so I won't try to explain.

Ben covered his tracks well, so even their own investigation wouldn't have been able to find anything, and they had to suspend him for something, but, since it's the Steelers, he just got a slap on the wrist.

And the reasons for settling out of court generally are because the people suing don't want to have to go through the pain of reliving everything in court, or because they just don't want to have to go through the long process and have to pay more attorneys fees, among other reasons.

Bottom line, you support a man who did the worst thing possible that could happen to a woman, and he's done it more than once.
Reply/Quote
(09-09-2017, 08:14 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Because he had his bodyguards block the door while Ben raped her.  A small college girl fearing for her life isn't going to try to fight off a man that's 6'5, 240 pounds out of fear of being hurt worse.

He doesn't deny it happened but he just says it was consensual, which it obviously wasn't but it happened to fast and he got all the girls so drunk and then had his bodyguards block the door that there was obviously a lot of confusion.
Sorry, a raping scumbag is a raping scumbag to me, and I get mixed up in the instances that he has raped women.

Ben covered his tracks well, so even their own investigation wouldn't have been able to find anything, and they had to suspend him for something, but, since it's the Steelers, he just got a slap on the wrist.

And the reasons for settling out of court generally are because the people suing don't want to have to go through the pain of reliving everything in court, or because they just don't want to have to go through the long process and have to pay more attorneys fees, among other reasons.

Bottom line, you support a man who did the worst thing possible that could happen to a woman, and he's done it more than once.

There's just no arguing with you because of your hatred for Ben is too strong, and he could part the Red Sea and you would still act the same way. When someone has that much hatred for someone they never have or ever will meet, there's no use in arguing with them. So I'm just dropping it now and hoping someday you see a psychiatrist for that pure hatred, it can't be healthy.
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 06:44 AM)Captain Obvious Wrote: There's just no arguing with you because of your hatred for Ben is too strong, and he could part the Red Sea and you would still act the same way. When someone has that much hatred for someone they never have or ever will meet, there's no use in arguing with them. So I'm just dropping it now and hoping someday you see a psychiatrist for that pure hatred, it can't be healthy.

So if I met him and he blew me away with his kindness, that would make it ok that he rapes women?

I always think Steelers fans can't shock me more than they do but they always find a way to one-up themselves.....
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So if I met him and he blew me away with his kindness, that would make it ok that he rapes women?

I always think Steelers fans can't shock me more than they do but they always find a way to one-up themselves.....

Remember that time you claimed you don't overgeneralize?

Apparently not ...
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 08:51 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So if I met him and he blew me away with his kindness, that would make it ok that he rapes women?

I never said that. I see you failed reading comprehension 101. I don't like Burfict, Pacman Jones, Chris Henry or Ray Lewis as humans, but I don't go posting about their legal troubles anytime someone says 1 thing about them. Anytime anyone seems to bring up Ben you have to bring up the rape allegations and how evil Steelers fans are simply because they root for a team that he plays on. Bengals fans of all people shouldn't be throwing rocks at glass houses when you had 9 arrests in 9 months at 1 time and with Pacman being the biggest douche bag, and now drafting Mixon. I can't believe you think it's ok to support a team that drafts and keeps players that had 3, 4 and even 5 arrests. 
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 12:05 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: I never said that. I see you failed reading comprehension 101. I don't like Burfict, Pacman Jones, Chris Henry or Ray Lewis as humans, but I don't go posting about their legal troubles anytime someone says 1 thing about them. Anytime anyone seems to bring up Ben you have to bring up the rape allegations and how evil Steelers fans are simply because they root for a team that he plays on. Bengals fans of all people shouldn't be throwing rocks at glass houses when you had 9 arrests in 9 months at 1 time and with Pacman being the biggest douche bag, and now drafting Mixon. I can't believe you think it's ok to support a team that drafts and keeps players that had 3, 4 and even 5 arrests. 

You're wrong.  He doesn't bring rape up every time someone mentions Ben.  He does it in just about every smack talk thread he participates in whether Ben is mentioned or not.  It's his 'six rings', except the difference is he actually does it way more times than we mention it.  
Reply/Quote
(09-10-2017, 02:20 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You're wrong.  He doesn't bring rape up every time someone mentions Ben.  He does it in just about every smack talk thread he participates in whether Ben is mentioned or not.  It's his 'six rings', except the difference is he actually does it way more times than we mention it.  

Oh yeah, what was I thinking? He seems more upset about the rape charges than the women who accused Ben. Maybe his sister/wife called him Ben in bed one night by mistake.
Reply/Quote
Give it a rest brad. I hate big ben as much as the next guy but that shit was years ago. Move on dude
Reply/Quote