Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm blaming Taylor for Green and Ross
Why is Taylor not using Gio? I don't think Gio ran the ball at all and he only had 1 catch for 4 yards. Gio is getting paid 4 or 5 mill a year for picking up blitzers.
Reply/Quote
Has Zac improved anybody on offense since he took over? Boyd was already good. So was Uzomah. So far he's made AJ, Gio, Mixon, Dalton, Ross appear worse.
Reply/Quote
A year from now when Ross and AJ are balling out with new teams you will understand that Zac was the problem. Until then I have no way of proving I'm right. Besides what I seen from AJ preinjury and what Boyd said himself regarding Ross. "talent wise hes best receiver we have" But Taylor would rather give Burrow journeyman scrubs like Thomas, Tate , Erickson.
Reply/Quote
Green is one of those things where we won't know if his injuries lingered or if he is being misused. I can tell you that the analytics would tell you it's injuries (or otherwise that Green is the problem). If I recall correctly, he is leading the league in least yards of separation per reception and route or something like that.

He just can't get open.

Ross has now epically failed with two head coaches so I'm starting to think he's the problem as well. You can literally see the lack of caring in his routes. He doesn't dive for passes, he doesn't stretch out for plays, he doesn't even give effort on routes that he knows likely won't result in a target. He's a loser. Maybe he's been so demotivated by his coaching that he's lost the will to play, but considering this has happened with two coaches now I think it's more likely a him problem.

But the Oline I 100% blame on Taylor (and Turner). He should have known this line was a train wreck and spent more capital on it in the off season. The fact that he thought this Oline was going to be good is more than enough of an indictment on his judgement as a coach to get him fired, in my opinion.
Reply/Quote
I will say that I do see Mixon being used more as a pass catcher this year compared to previous years, which is nice.
He's on pace for 60 rec, 393 rec yards, and 3 rec TDs.
The receptions and yards would be season highs for him.

Mixon is also on pace to have his highest rushing yards and carries too, although his numbers are inflated from the JAX game.
Every game aside from that has been 69 yards or less rushing.

I do blame Taylor for not finding ways to get Green and Tate the ball though. Even if Green has lost a step and Ross struggles to catch deeper passes, you can scheme to help mask both of those.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote