Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Burkhead visiting the Pats.
According to Field Yates. Would be a good fit for both parties.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:43 AM)PikesPeakUC Wrote: According to Field Yates. Would be a good fit for both parties.

Definitely looks like a fit.  But they would seem to have kind of a crowded house at RB.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Another good player the Bengals are letting go. Got to make room for Hill because he had that one good year and the coaches never get it wrong. He would be a good fit for the Pats, maybe like the Danny Woodhead type.

If you think the Bengals FO is making smart moves this year and improving the team, you're a fool.

When will Mike Brown and Marvin just give up and set the rest of us free?
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
If we are dedicated to Jeremy Hill I don't see Rex signing here. Then again in the Pats system he will be just one of many RBs who see the field.

James White
Dion Lewis
Blount

All decent and I can't see them moving on from them. Maybe Lewis.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If we are dedicated to Jeremy Hill I don't see Rex signing here. Then again in the Pats system he will be just one of many RBs who see the field.

James White
Dion Lewis
Blount

The question is, why are we dedicated to Jeremy Hill? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The question is, why are we dedicated to Jeremy Hill? 

I have no idea. After his rookie season it has been disappointing.

I'm not crazy about Gio coming off of an ACL tear and trusting just Hill.

Part of me really wants Fournette to fall to us.
Reply/Quote
They show him the ring and meeting over

Bye Rexy
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:39 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The question is, why are we dedicated to Jeremy Hill? 

I'm not sure we really are...

We drafted him high and have been seeing how that pans out. 

but we are meeting with good running backs it seems.     (but that could be like playing chicken to get hill under contract) 

But bring back Rex
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:38 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: If we are dedicated to Jeremy Hill I don't see Rex signing here. Then again in the Pats system he will be just one of many RBs who see the field.

James White
Dion Lewis
Blount

I think White and Lewis are both free agents after this season and Blount is still unsigned. If they do sign Rex, he could see a bigger role in 2018.
Reply/Quote
I predicted that Burkhead would go to Pats several weeks ago.

He fits their mold- smart, courageous and very versatile.

In the meantime we stick with Hill.

Does anyone think for a second that Pats would be looking at Hill if he was a free agent.

Burkhead would not have fumbled in the playoff game. Too smart a player who is always aware of the circumstances.

I would be happy for Rex if that is where he lands.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 04:12 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I predicted that Burkhead would go to Pats several weeks ago.

He fits their mold- smart, courageous and very versatile.

In the meantime we stick with Hill.

Does anyone think for a second that Pats would be looking at Hill if he was a free agent.

Burkhead would not have fumbled in the playoff game. Too smart a player who is always aware of the circumstances.

I would be happy for Rex if that is where he lands.

We stick with Hill and Gio... Burkhead was not going to be a starting back here or anywhere he signs...
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 10:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: We stick with Hill and Gio... Burkhead was not going to be a starting back here or anywhere he signs...

For sure, but he sure is one hell of a competitor to have in your depth.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Ridiculous front office. I swear - this team is cutting 10yrs off my life.

Reply/Quote
And I'd be willing to bet that if the patriots got hill he would be among the nfl td leaders. He would assume the clock killin Dillon role and the patriots would be able to coach him up.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 10:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: For sure, but he sure is one hell of a competitor to have in your depth.

all comes down to the cash that he wants to be a 3rd string back and what we want to pay.. we had money tied up in Hill and Gio... .... plus RB is loaded in the draft... we can find a 3rd/4th stringer there also.. 

I will miss Burkhead but RB is not a bare cupboard
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:32 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: all comes down to the cash that he wants to be a 3rd string back and what we want to pay.. we had money tied up in Hill and Gio... .... plus RB is loaded in the draft... we can find a 3rd/4th stringer there also.. 

I will miss Burkhead but RB is not a bare cupboard

I don't know how you feel about the RB position, but I certainly would like to see Burkhead brought back for a reasonable price.  Granted, he may never be the regular starter, but he's a damn fine spare tire to have in the trunk.  As for the future of the 1-2 backs.  I would like to see Bernard kept, a legit contender for 1 drafted.  If the new back can prove his worth, send Hill packing in the Fall. 

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Burkhead is officially a Patriot.
Reply/Quote