Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm finally buying a bike!
After many years of wanting and contemplating the idea, I'm finally going to do the thing. Now that I live in a relatively safe, rural county with plenty of slow traffic back roads and quiet highways, I am going to satisfy my urge to be in the wind. My local buddies steered me toward a fantastic deal, as they knew that I didn't want to spend a wad in case it didn't work out. Wish me happy adventures!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After many years of wanting and contemplating the idea, I'm finally going to do the thing.  Now that I live in a relatively safe, rural county with plenty of slow traffic back roads and quiet highways, I am going to satisfy my urge to be in the wind.  My local buddies steered me toward a fantastic deal, as they knew that I didn't want to spend a wad in case it didn't work out.  Wish me happy adventures!

Bike as in bicycle or motorcycle?
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 10:09 PM)CKwi88 Wrote: Bike as in bicycle or motorcycle?

'98 Electraglide, rebuild about 5K miles ago, great tin set.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Have fun & be safe.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 05:25 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: Have fun & be safe.

Indeed, the plan is just to get reacquainted with riding and managing a heavy bike, by just cruising to work, the gym and grocery at first. Then as confidence builds, maybe do a few day trips as the season rolls on.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Have fun and watch out. I gave up riding about 3 years ago after almost getting killed by some jackass. Miss it, but I've got children to raise LOL.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2024, 07:05 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: After many years of wanting and contemplating the idea, I'm finally going to do the thing.  Now that I live in a relatively safe, rural county with plenty of slow traffic back roads and quiet highways, I am going to satisfy my urge to be in the wind.  My local buddies steered me toward a fantastic deal, as they knew that I didn't want to spend a wad in case it didn't work out.  Wish me happy adventures!

Nice knowing ya!
Reply/Quote

Watch for those that blow grass into the road.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2024, 09:28 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Watch for those that blow grass into the road.

I've been studying the roads that I frequently travel for a couple of years now, most folks seem to be pretty respectful in blowing the clippings away from the road.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2024, 04:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: '98 Electraglide, rebuild about 5K miles ago, great tin set.

(03-23-2024, 05:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Indeed, the plan is just to get reacquainted with riding and managing a heavy bike, by just cruising to work, the gym and grocery at first. Then as confidence builds, maybe do a few day trips as the season rolls on.

I was about to ask if you had ever rode before because that is a BIG bike. I'm not afraid to admit to much bike for me. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

(03-23-2024, 04:42 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: '98 Electraglide, rebuild about 5K miles ago, great tin set.

Be careful Sunset and God bless!

It sure can be fun, too risky for me though, I have crazy traffic in the summer where I live, right near a freeway.
Reply/Quote