Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Biden Transition Thread
(01-20-2021, 10:49 AM)Au165 Wrote: That's because in 3 hours he is looking at a legit threat of legal action against him, so even discussing it at this point he has probably been told could make his legal situation worse.

Trump's big mouth would never make anything worse.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So, today's the big day.

What are you all going to do to celebrate the end of Trump's presidency?

The wife and I were considering going out to a really nice dinner but with COVID, eh, we still would prefer to not go out. Maybe we can pick something nice up, like Indian food. That's always a nice celebratory splurge.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:00 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: So, today's the big day.

What are you all going to do to celebrate the end of Trump's presidency?

The wife and I were considering going out to a really nice dinner but with COVID, eh, we still would prefer to not go out. Maybe we can pick something nice up, like Indian food. That's always a nice celebratory splurge.

I'll be working.  I suppose I should be happy that Biden won if only because I'd probably spend today dodging bottles and rocks if he hadn't.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll be working.  I suppose I should be happy that Biden won if only because I'd probably spend today dodging bottles and rocks if he hadn't.

Better than dodging flag poles and fire extinguishers.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Better than dodging flag poles and fire extinguishers.

I don't work at the Capitol Building.   Tongue
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:14 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'll be working.  I suppose I should be happy that Biden won if only because I'd probably spend today dodging bottles and rocks if he hadn't.

Anything planned for the evening?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:50 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Anything planned for the evening?

Negative.  While I'm happy to see Trump go, for multiple reasons, the idea of the Democratic party being in control of Congress and the White House is not a cause for celebration for me.
Reply/Quote
So are the conspiracy folks watching this waiting for the gotcha moment when all the democrats get arrested?
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:58 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Negative.  While I'm happy to see Trump go, for multiple reasons, the idea of the Democratic party being in control of Congress and the White House is not a cause for celebration for me.

Understandable. Trump really torpedoed the Republican Party on his way out with this election fraud stunt that cost them the Georgia seats.

The good news for someone with your outlook, it's the slimmest control a party could possibly have and there is at least one Democrat who is pretty conservative in Manchin. So there is a bit of a failsafe to a tyranny of the majority there.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 01:26 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Understandable. Trump really torpedoed the Republican Party on his way out with this election fraud stunt that cost them the Georgia seats.

The good news for someone with your outlook, it's the slimmest control a party could possibly have and there is at least one Democrat who is pretty conservative in Manchin. So there is a bit of a failsafe to a tyranny of the majority there.

Yeah, I mentioned as much after the runoffs.  Manchin will hopefully be the break on the most excessive "progressive" legislation.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 12:35 PM)Au165 Wrote: Better than dodging flag poles and fire extinguishers.

Those were just "Patriots" man...and most were BLM and Antifa pretending to be Proud boys.  Keep up.  Ninja
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote
A cool interactive graphic made by CNN comparing the demographics of the Biden proposed cabinet with the US, Trump's cabinet, and Obama's cabinet.

https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2021/01/politics/us-cabinet-2021-demographics/

here's a breakdown I did of it for class:

[Image: nJ6HClJ.png]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Republicans still chair Senate committees as they have not passed a reorganization bill yet.

Graham is refusing to allow a confirmation hearing on Garland prior to the Trump impeachment trial.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-02-2021, 01:57 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Republicans still chair Senate committees as they have not passed a reorganization bill yet.

Graham is refusing to allow a confirmation hearing on Garland prior to the Trump impeachment trial.

Pat I've been but can you clarify if that gets filed under "Why isn't Biden trying to unify?" or "There's a witchhunt for everyone associated with poor Trump?"

Trying to stay organized here!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Reply/Quote