Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm having a hard time
There is a lot coming out of the Bengals Organization to get fired up about and to have plenty of optimism about this team. I'm just having a very hard time buying into the hype right now.

I read the articles and try to get pumped up but all I do is find myself thinking, "Whatever" or "Yeah right".

I'm sure it will come eventually but I think this year it won't be until around game five, lol.
Reply/Quote
I feel about the same every season win, lose or draw..  I want them to win, but if they don't they're still the same team I root for.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 10:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I feel about the same every season win, lose or draw..  I want them to win, but if they don't they're still the same team I root for.. 

I was hyped up last year and the years before that. This year though, it's just not there.

Man, I thought the drafting of John Ross was going to cover the O Line just a bit, lol, boy that didn't happen. I also thought Billings would finally show up...didn't happen but could this year.

Maybe I've been burned too many times and turned into an all or nothing fan.

Anyway

WHODEY!
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 10:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: I feel about the same every season win, lose or draw..  I want them to win, but if they don't they're still the same team I root for.. 

I am always a fan of the Bengals, but not much to get excited about really. Andy is Andy and he has limitations. Burfict is suspended again! O-line we will have to see and Marvin will still mis-manage the clock and game situations.

Mike Brown is still involved!

I don't dislike any of the people names, but after years of never winning s Super Bowl - it is just the same old same old.

Whodey
Reply/Quote
It’s normal. Specially considering our past. I’m buying into because mainly, it just feels different. Different attitude, different approach, different perspectives, etc. but I totally know where you’re at and don’t blame anyone for that. I hope they make this an unforgettable year and so far they seem to be on the right track.

Reply/Quote
I think as camp gets closer and then preseason starts I'll start getting into the spirit of the game. I'm hoping that by the first regular season game, I'll be fired up and ready for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl.

Like the thread "On Paper", this team is good enough to win it all, I'm just having a hard time believing it but I'll get there...I always do eventually.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2018, 01:21 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I think as camp gets closer and then preseason starts I'll start getting into the spirit of the game. I'm hoping that by the first regular season game, I'll be fired up and ready for the Bengals to win the Super Bowl.

Like the thread "On Paper", this team is good enough to win it all, I'm just having a hard time believing it but I'll get there...I always do eventually.

Preseason should get you there. I know it will for me. I'm pretty close to being over the top now. You did notice I mentioned Dynasty in that thread? Yeah, I'm getting it pretty bad. Cool

Reply/Quote
It probably has to do with some other aspect of your life that is pulling you down right now. Perspective is whatever you want it to be. A rainy day is calm and relaxing when you are in a good mood, but depressing when you are feeling down.

At this point of the offseason two fans can look at the same team and see two totally different things.

Sometimes the Bengals over achieve, and some times they fail. there is no one position that is right every time.
Reply/Quote
Having a hard time is better than doing hard time.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I care a little bit less about Bengals-related stuff this time of year. It's about as close to a dead season that the NFL has. I was the same way last summer.

I'm sure when camp arrives around late July, I'll wake up to it again. It's more about the arrival of the season and fall weather to me anymore. There are too many fun things that go along with football for me to ever totally lose interest.
Reply/Quote
I know how you feel. I really let my guard down last year. I told all my friends this was the year. It was the 50th anniversary, we looked good on Paper, the young guys on the line we're going to step it up, and on and on and on. Luckily I realized how drunk I was from the kool-aid by the 3rd pre season game. Now I still get excited but I keep it inside, I will believe it when I see it.
Reply/Quote
I think I am more excited, not because Marv is still there but because we have a new -
O-Line Coach
QB Coach
Offense Co
Defense Co
WR Coach
And we have what looks like a stud at centre, also it does look like Mike has given more power to Marv
Reply/Quote
From 2011 to 2015 we were a good team. So we were able to buy the hype in 2016. And in 2017 we were nervous, but still willing to buy the hype that Og would improve etc.

Now that it's 3 years out since we were actually a good team, it's a whole lot easier to be skeptical of hype.

I don't blame you. I am in the same "I'll believe it when I see it" boat.
Reply/Quote
(06-10-2018, 09:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Having a hard time is better than doing hard time.

Not if you're institutionalized...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 09:54 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There is a lot coming out of the Bengals Organization to get fired up about and to have plenty of optimism about this team. I'm just having a very hard time buying into the hype right now.

I read the articles and try to get pumped up but all I do is find myself thinking, "Whatever" or "Yeah right".

I'm sure it will come eventually but I think this year it won't be until around game five, lol.

I was a GSW fan since the 70's and MANY  years it was frustrating, we were not close to the playoffs and our fails were not rewarded with great draft picks.  We could not even unload the deadweight.

Then.... Everything changed.

New Owners,GM, Coach.  a WHOLE new CULTURE.
Reply/Quote
Hopefully as training camp approaches, and fall grows closer, you'll start to get that good vibe back again. There's a lot to look forward to this year. And if we don't have a good season, life will go on, and we'll all be back next year.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 05:03 AM)redwood Wrote: I was a GSW fan since the 70's and MANY  years it was frustrating, we were not close to the playoffs and our fails were not rewarded with great draft picks.  We could not even unload the deadweight.

Then.... Everything changed.

New Owners,GM, Coach.  a WHOLE new CULTURE.

So what you're saying is...the Bengals are screwed until Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are gone?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(06-09-2018, 09:54 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: There is a lot coming out of the Bengals Organization to get fired up about and to have plenty of optimism about this team. I'm just having a very hard time buying into the hype right now.

Well, after being a fan since 68 - I climbed over that wall in about 2006.  Looking back since the beginning - the 2 super bowl span of years was pretty awesome.  Each off season was very optimistic, was almost as cockyish as the squeelers that the team had at least a 75% chance of making the playoffs and a 25% chance of advancing.  When Sam was showed the door - it hasn't been the same since.  And to put it in perspective the Capitals win a cup for the first time for their franchise since inception at 49 years (I think - will be corrected I'm sure). So the Bengals are now at over 50.  I got to the point where I now realize that no matter how much my passion or hope I have for this team - I have zero control over the outcome.   And of course - the advent of fantasy football has actually made me able to enjoy the play of other players and able to take the sting out of zero Bengals championships.  So I highly recommend keeping a stash of coldies in the frig, maintain some nice stereo equipment and when your feeling a little down - pop one (or four as the case may be) and sit back and enjoy the Ozzy!  Enjoy the ride - not the perceived destination.

Just dug this quick tid bit up - pasting below. You shouldn't feel so bad now! 

There are 13 NFL franchises that have not won a Super Bowl. The Bengals, Bills, Browns, Cardinals, Chargers, Eagles, Falcons, Jaguars, Lions, Panthers, Texans, Titans and Vikings have not won a Super Bowl in their history. The Browns, Jaguars, Lions and Texans have never reached the Super Bowl.Jan 21, 2018
Reply/Quote
Holding these gators down.
Reply/Quote
(06-11-2018, 10:43 AM)ochocincos Wrote: So what you're saying is...the Bengals are screwed until Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis are gone?

they're screwed until the team is sold to new ownership with other revenue streams than the fleecing of cincinnati, probably in another market.  

basically the benals are screwed until they cease being the bengals.
Reply/Quote