Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just going to leave this here
[Image: 1422634_913429258726951_7473675208681045...e=56710C3C]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
I can picture pat reading that in his teacher voice.
(09-06-2015, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 1422634_913429258726951_7473675208681045...e=56710C3C]

Then explain why the rate of violent crime NOT committed by police is less than HALF of what it was 20 years ago.

What a load of bull shit.
There does indeed seem to be a lot of young, entitled brats out there. But that's mostly a parenting problem, and from what I can tell, most of them grow out of it eventually, just as youth have always grown out of the nastier parts of their respective cultures eventually; I'd love to hear some baby boomers tell me they weren't playing with drugs and chasing skirts for most of their teen and early adult years.

Police brutality is a serious problem though, and it isn't much related to entitled brats. As Fred pointed out, police violence has risen dramatically in the past two decades. This isn't your father's police force, and if anybody seems to feel entitled, it's the police, who increasingly appear to feel entitled to shoot and beat whoever they want.
Every generation but mine is crap!
(09-06-2015, 10:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Every generation but mine is crap!

Yup. Hey, at least I can admit my generation has a narcissism problem. I just wish baby boomers would stop pretending they aren't pretty self-centered themselves, and it would be nice if Gen X just cared about something .
(09-06-2015, 10:44 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Yup. Hey, at least I can admit my generation has a narcissism problem. I just wish baby boomers would stop pretending they aren't pretty self-centered themselves, and it would be nice if Gen X just cared about something .

I'm just waiting until my kids are old enough for me to complain to them about how I didn't have an iPad to entertain myself whilst sitting at a restaurant.  I had to stack up the coffee creamers AND I APPRECIATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT dagnabit!
I'm amazed that somehow I've managed to live 40 years in this country without being shot or beat by a police officer.
(09-06-2015, 10:47 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm just waiting until my kids are old enough for me to complain to them about how I didn't have an iPad to entertain myself whilst sitting at a restaurant.  I had to stack up the coffee creamers AND I APPRECIATED EVERY MINUTE OF IT dagnabit!

And don't even get started on the music... In ma day, we had QUALITY RAWK AND ROLL that sounds awesome as long as you're stoned. These kids nowadays don't even smoke weed for their "hip beats"!!!
I blame the rap music.
(09-06-2015, 10:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then explain why the rate of violent crime NOT committed by police is less than HALF of what it was 20 years ago.

Because of more entitled and disrespectful people who feel they don't need to listen to the police.
Some of the rationale I hear in regards to police brutality sounds like a population embracing fascist tendencies.
(09-06-2015, 10:51 PM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: I'm amazed that somehow I've managed to live 40 years in this country without being shot or beat by a police officer.

I was never sexually molested as a child, so I guess there is no way anything like that ever happened to anyone else.

Excuse me while I go stick my head back in the sand.
[Image: 75c46a776a0fd9a1e73dcb66e862b2a9.jpg]
(09-06-2015, 10:32 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: There does indeed seem to be a lot of young, entitled brats out there. But that's mostly a parenting problem, and from what I can tell, most of them grow out of it eventually, just as youth have always grown out of the nastier parts of their respective cultures eventually; I'd love to hear some baby boomers tell me they weren't playing with drugs and chasing skirts for most of their teen and early adult years.

Police brutality is a serious problem though, and it isn't much related to entitled brats. As Fred pointed out, police violence has risen dramatically in the past two decades. This isn't your father's police force, and if anybody seems to feel entitled, it's the police, who increasingly appear to feel entitled to shoot and beat whoever they want.

Theres a lot of naivety in this thread.  

Chasing skirts and experimenting with drugs hasn't changed.

What has changed is that we settled our difference with our fists, not drive by shootings. We didn't need metal detectors in our schools, nor did we need the police patrolling the hallways.
(09-07-2015, 12:51 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Theres a lot of naivety in this thread.  

Chasing skirts and experimenting with drugs hasn't changed.

What has changed is that we settled our difference with our fists, not drive by shootings. We didn't need metal detectors in our schools, nor did we need the police patrolling the hallways.

I think you missed the part where violent crime rate today is less than half of what it was 20 years ago.

How old are you?
[Image: sideshowbob.gif]
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Other than the 15yr. old that was slammed to the ground, I wasn't aware we were having a police brutality problem against kids. Going back to Rodney King its mostly been against adults.
You can call Michael Brown a kid if you want to.
(09-07-2015, 01:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Other than the 15yr. old that was slammed to the ground, I wasn't aware we were having a police brutality problem against kids. Going back to Rodney King its mostly been against adults.

So you're not saying that police brutality is non existent. What you're upset about, it seems, is how the media portrays these things sometimes which I absolutely agree with.
(09-07-2015, 01:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Other than the 15yr. old that was slammed to the ground, I wasn't aware we were having a police brutality problem against kids. Going back to Rodney King its mostly been against adults.

A lot of middle aged or older people tend to call young adults "kids". Not saying it's correct but it's a habit many seem to have. I agree that there's a difference between a 15 year old and, say, a 21 year old. But frankly I don't want cops brutalizing people whether they're 15 or 150.