Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm just going to leave this here
[Image: 64315582.jpg]
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-07-2015, 01:35 AM)Blutarsky Wrote: Other than the 15yr. old that was slammed to the ground, I wasn't aware we were having a police brutality problem against kids. Going back to Rodney King its mostly been against adults.
You can call Michael Brown a kid if you want to.

[Image: tamir1.gif]

Let's just shoot this 12 year old who is not brandishing a gun as the car is still in motion

[Image: tamir2.gif]

Oh, his 14 year old sister is rushing to his aid? Tackle that *****.

[Image: tamir3.gif]

Let's all sit around for 4 minutes as he lays dying. No one administer first aid. Oh, here comes an FBI agent. He can take care of that.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-06-2015, 11:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I was never sexually molested as a child, so I guess there is no way anything like that ever happened to anyone else.

Excuse me while I go stick my head back in the sand.

Not a good analogy.  Nobody that I'm aware of is claiming that a vast majority of people are all crazed sex-maniacs just looking for an opportunity to pounce on an innocent victim.
Political Talking Points has a new word or phrase that's been put out...can anyone guess what it is?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(09-07-2015, 08:00 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: Political Talking Points has a new word or phrase that's been put out...can anyone guess what it is?
I've seen "echo chamber" run into the ground, is that it ?
(09-08-2015, 02:47 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've seen "echo chamber" run into the ground,  is that it ?

Actually I think that just a fred talking point.  Don't get me wrong though fred I do think it's funny. Mellow
(09-08-2015, 02:47 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: I've seen "echo chamber" run into the ground,  is that it ?

Echo chamber is a media criticism phrase that describes "a situation in which information, ideas, or beliefs are amplified or reinforced by transmission and repetition inside an 'enclosed' system, where different or competing views are censored, disallowed or otherwise underrepresented": https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_%28media%29

Good blog post giving an example of its function: http://themonkeycage.org/2012/11/ideological-bias-and-the-jobs-report/
(09-08-2015, 02:55 AM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: Echo chamber is a media criticism phrase that describes "a situation in which information, ideas, or beliefs are amplified or reinforced by transmission and repetition inside an 'enclosed' system, where different or competing views are censored, disallowed or otherwise underrepresented": [/url][url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_%28media%29]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Echo_chamber_%28media%29

Good blog post giving an example of its function: http://themonkeycage.org/2012/11/ideological-bias-and-the-jobs-report/

So like a guy that gets called a troll for not supporting government largess around here?  Ninja
(09-08-2015, 09:28 AM)jakefromstatefarm Wrote: So like a guy that gets called a troll for not supporting government largess around here?  Ninja

Totally unrelated and irrelevant, like 99% of what you say when you're trolling. Ninja
(09-07-2015, 10:29 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Let's just shoot this 12 year old who is not brandishing a gun as the car is still in motion

Your meme implies there is a separate distinguishable problem we have to look at... police brutalizing kids.

The Tamir Rice incident brought to light yet another case of police brutality period.
Instead of leaving that meme here, you should have left it where you found it.
(09-07-2015, 02:29 AM)treee Wrote: So you're not saying that police brutality is non existent. What you're upset about, it seems, is how the media portrays these things sometimes which I absolutely agree with.

I wouldn't call it being upset, only that the meme implying we have a problem of police brutality toward kids raised an eyebrow immediately.

Police brutality doesn't discriminate with regards to age.

This phony outrage meme wasn't created by the media, perhaps by some bitter cop hating lefty.
(09-06-2015, 04:46 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: [Image: 1422634_913429258726951_7473675208681045...e=56710C3C]

How many times did you argue with me and claim that kids are better off and better people than they were in the past?

It's not just about the drugs and sex, either, because you claimed that you could tell how much better kids are today from seeing them so often.

I argued that they're entitled punks (along with the sex/drugs stuff), but you vigorously argued the opposite.
(09-06-2015, 10:00 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Then explain why the rate of violent crime NOT committed by police is less than HALF of what it was 20 years ago.

What a load of bull shit.

Just out of curiosity, I have a few questions:

1) Link?

2) Were the results collected in the same manner?

3) The rate may be less, but what about the actual number of violent crimes? Is it also less?

Thanks, fred.
[Image: giphy.gif]
According to the movie Reefer Madness the 1960's pot generation was going to brutally murder and possibly eat all of us. Frankly, I'm surprised our society even stands today after the devil weed became so common.
(09-08-2015, 01:40 PM)Nately120 Wrote: According to the movie Reefer Madness the 1960's pot generation was going to brutally murder and possibly eat all of us.  Frankly, I'm surprised our society even stands today after the devil weed became so common.

Pizza delivery saved us all !
ThumbsUp
(09-08-2015, 02:23 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Pizza delivery saved us all !
ThumbsUp

And wings...don't forget the wings.

Oh, and those red Zingers with the coconut topping...those are best and cheap.

Oooh, and White Castles back in the day...a couple of bucks would get you a couple mini burgers and onion chips and a drink.

Funyons.

Hot or Cheddar Fries, you know, the Andy Capp ones.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(09-08-2015, 01:00 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Just out of curiosity, I have a few questions:

1) Link?

2) Were the results collected in the same manner?

3) The rate may be less, but what about the actual number of violent crimes? Is it also less?

Thanks, fred.

[Image: ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif]

[Image: Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg]

[Image: 6a00d83451b14d69e2017d3edda6be970c-500wi]

Not all of these show a 50% decline, but at least 40%. That is still a huge drop.
(09-08-2015, 03:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: [Image: ldah6rdp6ukvngoyqi1fcg.gif]

[Image: Violent_Crime_Rates_in_the_United_States.svg]

[Image: 6a00d83451b14d69e2017d3edda6be970c-500wi]

Not all of these show a 50% decline, but at least 40%.  That is still a huge drop.

Hmmmm.... I wonder if having the outlet of violent video games could have had anything to do with the decline ?
Volatile youth that remain in their parents basement, playing games do not commit crimes as often.
Yeah, that's what I'm attributing it to.

(09-08-2015, 04:11 PM)Rotobeast Wrote: Hmmmm.... I wonder if having the outlet of violent video games could have had anything to do with the decline ?
Volatile youth that remain in their parents basement, playing games do not commit crimes as often.
Yeah, that's what I'm attributing it to.

Makes sense to me.  I know I was headed out the door to murder as many people as I could find when someone showed me Mortal Kombat.
(09-08-2015, 05:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Makes sense to me.  I know I was headed out the door to murder as many people as I could find when someone showed me Mortal Kombat.

Perhaps you should partake of it, again.
You seem to be having an influx of aggression.
Ninja