Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Leon Lastarza Lafayette Lorenzo Hall
It's still a young man's game no matter who it is or how loved a player is and with so many up and comers it's going to be tough to bring him back. Personally I'd like him back, but he has to take the big cut in the paycheck. They simply can't keep every player around forever just because they're well liked. Sports don't work that way.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You can never have enough corners. If Hall wants to play, he should have a spot on the team. It'll depend on the draft. I thought he played good enough to play last season (not at 9m). It was just a matter if he's healthy. I can see Hall being on call as long as he's not signed. The modern day Crocker.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Always liked Leon (true professional) but he is at the point where he needs to look to do what E Winston is doing. Accept where your at physically and become a whilly old vet like crocker and try to extend your career.

If the Bengals think he can still play/run/change direction, I hope that we bring him back.

Oh wait he went to Michigan. Shocked

Lets send him to Cleveland.
Reply/Quote
(03-29-2016, 07:19 PM)Stormborn Wrote: No, but why do I get the feeling Hall will probably start over Dennard if he gets brought back?

Because he'll get the reps over Dennard and a 1st rounder will have his development stunted by a vet that will be on decline sooner than later.

Coyle is not Paul Alexander. I bet Dennard moves up to Nickelback or even takes Kirkpatrick's spot if he can stay healthy.

I liked what little i saw from Dennard better than most of what i saw from Kirkpatrick last season anyway.

If we bring back Hall it will be as a backup i am sure of it.

(03-29-2016, 09:26 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: There's honestly no reason to sign him.

We have Adam Jones back. Then Kirkpatrick is the opposite starter. Throw in Dennard who did pretty well for his 2nd year. Then there's Josh Shaw who actually did pretty decent when asked to play.

We have to play our younger guys. So many times fans gripe about having veterans start over rookies and young players. Well, now they're playing their young players.

It's time to move on from Hall. He's not the same as he once was. Time to see what Dennard can do.

Kirkpatrick did not impress me last season. Hall did, that is why i would bring him back and you can never have enough
Corners and especially ones that can also backup both the CB and Safety positions.

(03-29-2016, 09:57 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sorry I didn't get back to you sooner, but yeah what BD said. They tried him out some at Safety during TC last year and I just think he'd be a natural fit there with his smarts.

Yeah I thought the same thing last year when they tried Hall at safety. I was thinking maybe that was a trial run for a permanent move in 2016. It's starting to look like the coaches were really impressed with Shawn Williams though. I can't say I blame them there, but if Hall or Nelson come cheap, I don't see any reason not to bring at least one of them back.

Thats cool and i agree. Was just wondering about Hall's Safety experience, never heard of him having any before.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 01:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Kirkpatrick did not impress me last season. Hall did, that is why i would bring him back and you can never have enough
Corners and especially ones that can also backup both the CB and Safety positions.

Hall didn't play outside corner much, and had some early on struggles to the season.

We already have Jones, Kirkpatrick, Dennard, and Shaw.

Shaw actually has more experience playing safety than Hall does.

Hall would not be a starter on this team. He's done great, but there's more potential elsewhere. Cornerback is a position where you only get better with the more play time you get.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hall didn't play outside corner much, and had some early on struggles to the season.

Hall would not be a starter on this team. He's done great, but there's more potential elsewhere. Cornerback is a position where you only get better with the more play time you get.

Thats true that Hall didn't play outside much, but he would be a nice backup Nickle option.

I am not wanting Hall to be a starter, i am wanting him as a backup Nickleback and backup Safety.

That is if he is willing to take a small team friendly deal, if not, so long Leon.

I like Shaw by the way, he impressed me more than Dre did last year and so did Dennard.

Wouldn't surprise me if Dennard or Shaw take over his spot if Kirkpatrick does not improve, atleast i hope so.
Reply/Quote
Hall is one of the best I've ever seen at reading and reacting to a screen pass
Who Dey!!!

Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 04:33 PM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Hall didn't play outside corner much, and had some early on struggles to the season.

This is true.  But to be fair he wasn't a starter last year either, but overall he played well, and he was still an important part of that defense.  He played in 14 games and only started in 4.  He played the 3rd most snaps at CB behind both A.Jones and Kirkpatrick.  He played in 61% of the defensive snaps though.  Some people are saying Dennard is a clone of Hall, and that would be awesome, but the reality is it's going to be his 3rd year, and he played only about 19 snaps a game when he played last season.  In his career he has 28 tackles, and 1 int.  Not saying that he can't play well, but I think having Hall on the team and making Dennard earn the job covering the slot over Hall is much better than saying "here ya go, it's your's because it's time".  What if Dennard struggles, or there is an injury? They have C. Lewis-Harris, Josh Shaw, and Chykie Brown right now.  I would take Hall as our 3-4th CB over any of those other guys.
Reply/Quote
(03-30-2016, 08:28 PM)Shepdawg Wrote: This is true.  But to be fair he wasn't a starter last year either, but overall he played well, and he was still an important part of that defense.  He played in 14 games and only started in 4.  He played the 3rd most snaps at CB behind both A.Jones and Kirkpatrick.  He played in 61% of the defensive snaps though.  Some people are saying Dennard is a clone of Hall, and that would be awesome, but the reality is it's going to be his 3rd year, and he played only about 19 snaps a game when he played last season.  In his career he has 28 tackles, and 1 int.  Not saying that he can't play well, but I think having Hall on the team and making Dennard earn the job covering the slot over Hall is much better than saying "here ya go, it's your's because it's time".  What if Dennard struggles, or there is an injury? They have C. Lewis-Harris, Josh Shaw, and Chykie Brown right now.  I would take Hall as our 3-4th CB over any of those other guys.

It all depends on what Hall is asking for. He was getting paid a ton last year (9.6 mil cap hit last year).
Reply/Quote
I must add the name Chris Lewis Harris to this discussion who has played well everytime he has been called upon.
Reply/Quote