Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mike Nugent will one one game for us this year..
Someone posted this opposite thread earlier in the preseason...You know what? He won this game today!!

WHODEY!!
Reply/Quote
Damn near lost it but yes he one at the end
Reply/Quote
Damn, if Nugent has already achieved his quota, what next?? Nervous
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Who knows: He might one two
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
This is funny. In addition to the thread about Margus Hunt's performance, I was equally curious to see if there was going to be a thread exactly like this. I thought for all the world that the thread in the preseason about Nuge losing games for us this year was going to play out in the very first game. But talk about REDEMPTION!!! I'd rather him miss one earlier in the game and clutch it in the end! I almost punched a hole in my ceiling jumping up off the couch when that last kick was dead center LOL! WHO DEY!!!
Reply/Quote
Bengals need new Kicker next draft...
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
When the game is on the line he kicks 91 percent #clutch
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 03:27 PM)Jpoore Wrote: When the game is on the line he kicks 91 percent #clutch

This ^

He has 100% accuracy in the playoffs as well.
Reply/Quote
(09-11-2016, 11:52 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: Damn near lost it but yes he one at the end

I believe the stat that matters most on keeping Nugent is 25/26 in 4th quarter and OT in his career 
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 04:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe the stat that matters most on keeping Nugent is 25/26 in 4th quarter and OT in his career 

Those are very impressive numbers.  And a few of those kicks I can remember in recent history were not 'chip shots'.  That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a CFA after the draft to check out some new blood back there, you know, actually have a real kicker competition.  I can't say I'd be in favor of using a draft pick on a kicker, but certainly make an aggressive run at one or two of the top rated kickers that don't get drafted and see what shakes loose
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 05:06 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: Those are very impressive numbers.  And a few of those kicks I can remember in recent history were not 'chip shots'.  That being said, I wouldn't be opposed to signing a CFA after the draft to check out some new blood back there, you know, actually have a real kicker competition.  I can't say I'd be in favor of using a draft pick on a kicker, but certainly make an aggressive run at one or two of the top rated kickers that don't get drafted and see what shakes loose

I understand your point, I was just trying to give some factual context to why Nugent has remained our kicker over the period of time
Reply/Quote
(09-12-2016, 12:44 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: This is funny.  In addition to the thread about Margus Hunt's performance, I was equally curious to see if there was going to be a thread exactly like this.  I thought for all the world that the thread in the preseason about Nuge losing games for us this year was going to play out in the very first game.  But talk about REDEMPTION!!!  I'd rather him miss one earlier in the game and clutch it in the end!  I almost punched a hole in my ceiling jumping up off the couch when that last kick was dead center LOL!  WHO DEY!!!

Until he misses the next one, then many here will be wanting to hang him and set him on fire in effigy!
Reply/Quote