Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm most likely going to miss the game
Sick

It's true. I gotta pick up for and take someone home from church who lives a half hour away. Plus the only time we can take our dog to the vet is this Sunday between 2-4.

I'll do my best to follow along on my phone (downloaded Kodi to it, so hopefully ...) but I probably won't see much of the game.

Usually, when this happens, this means the Bengals win, so that's good, but I hate missing the games.

Hopefully, the dude who put the Bengals-Oakland full game highlights on Youtube does it again.

Oh well, WHO DEY!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
You are PhilHos. You have earned our deepest sympathy.

{cracks beer}

Who dey.
Reply/Quote
This will be the first game that I'm either not at or not watching on TV since Marvin Lewis has been the head coach.

I have a job going on at the GM plant in Flint, MI and this work just had to happen during a plant shutdown, which unfortunately happened this weekend.

I'll have to check in occasionally on my phone.....
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I am also missing this one. I will have my daughters at my parents house.
Reply/Quote
Thanks for making a thread and telling us all. Make a thread next week if you will be watching the game
Reply/Quote
Make a thread per day based on the possibility that you may or may not be able to watch the game. Others may contribute on their opinion of their own chance, as well.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 09:35 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Sick

It's true. I gotta pick up for and take someone home from church who lives a half hour away. Plus the only time we can take our dog to the vet is this Sunday between 2-4.

I'll do my best to follow along on my phone (downloaded Kodi to it, so hopefully ...) but I probably won't see much of the game.

Usually, when this happens, this means the Bengals win, so that's good, but I hate missing the games.

Hopefully, the dude who put the Bengals-Oakland full game highlights on Youtube does it again.

Oh well, WHO DEY!

Adversity is part of any season.  Hang tough.  I know you'll bounce back from this and enjoy next week's game twice as much.

Also, you do know that if we come out and play a great game, you will be forbidden from watching another game this season and that includes the SB.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Oh well, WHO DEY!

(09-19-2015, 09:46 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This will be the first game that I'm either not at or not watching on TV since Marvin Lewis has been the head coach.

I have a job going on at the GM plant in Flint, MI and this work just had to happen during a plant shutdown, which unfortunately happened this weekend.

(09-19-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am also missing this one.  I will have my daughters at my parents house.

I'm right there with you guys. In fact, I'm going to miss most of the next 2 games due to work.  Sad
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Add me in as missing, I'll be at work as well. And it's not on TV here.

Like someone else said I'm hoping the guy loads it on youtube again.
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 09:35 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Hopefully, the dude who put the Bengals-Oakland full game highlights on Youtube does it again.

Why would you want somebody to put the Bengals-Oakland highlights on Youtube again?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Kids, jobs, obligations... Some people need to get their priorities in order.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
DVR and avoid all internet, radio and fans.

That's what I do at least
Reply/Quote
I don't miss Bengals games. I just don't. I refuse. During the Football year, it's my favorite day of the week, bar none. I will cancel all plans and have, and will continue. Just don't do it. I'm sure when the fiance and I decide to have kids, things will change.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: Kids, jobs, obligations... Some people need to get their priorities in order.

Right?

Kids, jobs, and obligations will still be there on Monday or even later Sunday.

Not the Bengals. You get them once a week.

You guys need to get your lives right Mellow
Reply/Quote

Oh well, WHO DEY!

Just let this person know that God doesn't exist and you can get out of it
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 04:10 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Right?

That's kinda the way I am. I always put everything first on Saturday or pin it off on Monday. So far, it hasn't done me wrong yet. 

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote

Oh well, WHO DEY!

You realize if they win we're gonna need you to miss them all?   Wink
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 03:58 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't miss Bengals games. I just don't. I refuse. During the Football year, it's my favorite day of the week, bar none. I will cancel all plans and have, and will continue. Just don't do it. I'm sure when the fiance and I decide to have kids, things will change.

Basically how I am also. Lol.

I have 2 kids. As long as you condition them right football Sunday is fun fun fun!! Ha ha!! ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-19-2015, 09:45 AM)tigershrimp Wrote: You are PhilHos. You have earned our deepest sympathy.

{cracks beer}

Who dey.

WHO DEY

(09-19-2015, 09:46 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: This will be the first game that I'm either not at or not watching on TV since Marvin Lewis has been the head coach.

(09-19-2015, 01:21 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am also missing this one.  I will have my daughters at my parents house.

ThumbsUp

(09-19-2015, 01:41 PM)Element Wrote: Thanks for making a thread and telling us all. Make a thread next week if you will be watching the game

Maybe I will, smartass.  ThumbsUp

(09-19-2015, 01:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Make a thread per day based on the possibility that you may or may not be able to watch the game. Others may contribute on their opinion of their own chance, as well.

No.

(09-19-2015, 02:00 PM)McC Wrote: Adversity is part of any season.  Hang tough.  I know you'll bounce back from this and enjoy next week's game twice as much.

Also, you do know that if we come out and play a great game, you will be forbidden from watching another game this season and that includes the SB.  

There have been games I've missed and the Bengals still lost, so it's not a guarantee.

(09-19-2015, 02:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm right there with you guys. In fact, I'm going to miss most of the next 2 games due to work.  Sad

ThumbsUp

(09-19-2015, 02:59 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Add me in as missing, I'll be at work as well. And it's not on TV here.

Like someone else said I'm hoping the guy loads it on youtube again.

ThumbsUp

(09-19-2015, 09:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Why would you want somebody to put the Bengals-Oakland highlights on Youtube again?

'Cause it was such a great game. Mellow

(09-19-2015, 09:49 PM)jason Wrote: Kids, jobs, obligations... Some people need to get their priorities in order.

I know, right?

(09-19-2015, 11:05 PM)Ricky Spanish Wrote: DVR and avoid all internet, radio and fans.

That's what I do at least

That would be what I would normally do ... if I lived in the Cincinnati area. Connecticut isn't known for its televising of Bengals games. Heck, last week, they showed the Ravens-Broncos game! Freakin' bastards.

(09-20-2015, 03:58 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: I don't miss Bengals games. I just don't. I refuse. During the Football year, it's my favorite day of the week, bar none. I will cancel all plans and have, and will continue. Just don't do it. I'm sure when the fiance and I decide to have kids, things will change.

Oh, things will definitely change. MWAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Mellow

(09-20-2015, 04:10 AM)wolfkaosaun Wrote: Right?

I know, right?

(09-20-2015, 04:31 AM)PlayerFormerlyKnownAsMousecop Wrote: Just let this person know that God doesn't exist and you can get out of it

I did that once ... in 1991. Ninja

(09-20-2015, 08:30 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: You realize if they win we're gonna need you to miss them all?   Wink

Every single game I've watched the Bengals play live and in person (i.e. going to the games) the Bengals have won. I'm still surprised no one's offered to pay for season tickets and transportation and hotel ccosts for me to be able to attend all Bengals games so we can go 16-0 and win the Super Bowl.. 
Reply/Quote

Ditto.

And that includes watching it delayed on DVR.

Say I start it an hour behind.  How are the Football Gods to know that I am cheering for a play that happened an hour earlier and not the actual live play of the moment?

Suppose that is the day that the Football Gods decide to bless me.  That play could be bad for the Bengals, and because they heard me cheering they then start going complete anti-Bengals thinking they are making me happy.

By the time it is figured out, too late!
Reply/Quote