Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm most likely going to miss the game
(09-19-2015, 01:41 PM)Element Wrote: Thanks for making a thread and telling us all. Make a thread next week if you will be watching the game

(09-19-2015, 01:55 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Make a thread per day based on the possibility that you may or may not be able to watch the game. Others may contribute on their opinion of their own chance, as well.

[Image: giphy-gatsby.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
Fortunately, we were able to finish our work in Flint early and my streak of not missing a game will continue.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 01:39 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Fortunately, we were able to finish our work in Flint early and my streak of not missing a game will continue.

I was hoping to be done in time to at least catch the 4th QTR or more, but nope. Had to follow the whole game with Whatever's play-by-play on the game chat.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I was able to watch the first quarter and a half today, then listen to the rest of the 2nd quarter on my NFL radio app.

Beats a blank.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Caught some of it on NFL redzone, unfortunately they didn't broadcast it out here in cali.

Great game...hope to see the replay.
Reply/Quote
C'mon people. DVR!! I spent the day with my wife at a fall festival in Midway, Ky. I DVRd the game and watched it when we got home. It's great. FF through time outs, halftime and two minute warnings. All that and keep my lovely wife happy.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:01 AM)BengalRed Wrote: C'mon people. DVR!! I spent the day with my wife at a fall festival in Midway, Ky. I DVRd the game and watched it when we got home. It's great. FF through time outs, halftime and two minute warnings. All that and keep my lovely wife happy.

I don't have DVR.  I cut the cord and got rid of cable.  That 100 bucks a month for 3 or 4 watchable channels was no longer justified.  I don't know of anything that records my over-the-air channels.

I guess I could always break out my old VCR and record it that way....
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:21 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't have DVR.  I cut the cord and got rid of cable.  That 100 bucks a month for 3 or 4 watchable channels was no longer justified.  I don't know of anything that records my over-the-air channels.

I hear ya. Sometimes I forget that not everyone can afford certain luxuries that others can. Funny you mentioned VCR. When the Bengals played the Broncos on MNF in 2004 (and beat them) I went to the game and recorded it on my VCR. I watched the opening over and over again with Leslie Nielson. I still have it somewhere around here. Of course those were the days when the Bengals got very little pub.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:21 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I don't have DVR.  I cut the cord and got rid of cable.  That 100 bucks a month for 3 or 4 watchable channels was no longer justified.  I don't know of anything that records my over-the-air channels.

If I had known I would have taped it for ya! I have also cut the cord and I have VCRs in two rooms.

Reply/Quote
You do realize that not all of us live in the Bengals broadcast area, right?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 12:44 AM)BengalRed Wrote: I hear ya. Sometimes I forget that not everyone can afford certain luxuries that others can. 

I don't think he was saying he can't afford it. He was just saying that the expense isn't worth it. I've been able to afford cable most of my adult life, but I've mostly gone without it because it's simply not worth what they charge.

I only have netfix right now and pay $11 a month to watch whatever I want. It's a much better deal.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2015, 03:07 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I don't think he was saying he can't afford it. He was just saying that the expense isn't worth it. I've been able to afford cable most of my adult life, but I've mostly gone without it because it's simply not worth what they charge.

I only have netfix right now and pay $11 a month to watch whatever I want. It's a much better deal.

Correct. I can afford it, but if I'm gonna pay that much for cable, I better use it for more than 3 hours a week. Nowadays, the only TV that I watch is football...so much so that before football season started, my tv hadn't been on without Netflix in at least a couple of months.

It's like buying a car, putting 100 miles on it in a year, but still paying full price for car insurance.  It's a silly expense.

It's just unfortunate that I have Netflix, Amazon Prime, and an antenna that gets 50 channels, but I still can't watch the game clearly. Oh well...I'll come up with something to increase the antenna reception, and life will be fine again.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
Satellite is a much better deal than cable.....much better.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Satellite is a much better deal than cable.....much better.

Meh, it's pretty much the same thing in my area.

Comcast tries to lock you into a 2 year contract with obscene prices after the first year and even crazier after the second. DISH and DirecTV do the same exact thing.

I will say that DISH's retention team is on point though. I called Comcast to talk about some stuff and they basically told me to go F myself and that if I want their service that I'm playing by their terms and rules and that's that. DISH seems to do a lot more to keep you around as a customer from what I've experienced.
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 01:32 PM)Wyche Wrote: Satellite is a much better deal than cable.....much better.

ThumbsUp
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-22-2015, 02:30 PM)djs7685 Wrote: Meh, it's pretty much the same thing in my area.

Comcast tries to lock you into a 2 year contract with obscene prices after the first year and even crazier after the second. DISH and DirecTV do the same exact thing.

I will say that DISH's retention team is on point though. I called Comcast to talk about some stuff and they basically told me to go F myself and that if I want their service that I'm playing by their terms and rules and that's that. DISH seems to do a lot more to keep you around as a customer from what I've experienced.

I've had Primestar, DISH, and now Direct.  Primestar was the best.....hands down.  I like Direct.....at least I get a lot of channels I watch (a lot of educational channels, sports, and a couple movie channels) for well under what a basic digital cable package costs under TimeWarner.  TimeWarner basically told us the same thing.  Direct has worked with us after the two years of crazy cheap and free NFL Sunday Ticket for a year.  (that was a KILLER year...lol).

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I haven't missed a game in a very long time (no kids, and fortunate to not work Sundays). It's the highlight of my week. Something really extreme would have to happen for me to miss one, and everyone around me knows and understand this.
Reply/Quote