Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm moving on
(05-27-2017, 01:43 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Well, I got a job. I will be working for a bank. I'll start as a teller, but I've been assured by the branch manager that since I'm basically OVERqualified for the position, that it shouldn't take too long to move up. He told me he had a parttime teller who, after 6 months, became an assistant manager.

The good news is that the pay is virtually what I'm making now. Just a little less. Like 50 cents less. Since my wife has been working part time for the last 2 years, if she gets a job that pays her the same but is full time, we'll have even more money coming in than we do now. And, since we're moving in with family, we don't have to worry about rent and utilities right away, so we're on the right track.

I start at the end of June so around the 21st, I will officially be a resident of Pennsylvania again and hopefully will never have to set foot in this crappy state again (CT sucks, btw).

Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

Awesome Philhos!  Glad to hear it.  It always sucks starting over, but embracing and accepting the new can be liberating.  Good luck and keep us informed.

p.s. - I'd get away from living with family ASAP.  Fish and family begin to stink after 3 days.....
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good Luck!

[Image: h2woav6uomo5v766g.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-27-2017, 05:47 PM)Stewy Wrote: Awesome Philhos!  Glad to hear it.  It always sucks starting over, but embracing and accepting the new can be liberating.  Good luck and keep us informed.

p.s. - I'd get away from living with family ASAP.  Fish and family begin to stink after 3 days.....

You know what's weird? She's a relative by marraige. I mean she's my wife's grandmother-IN-LAW. Her biological grandfather divorced her biological grandmother and married a new woman and at some point between now and then, he died (in other words, i don't know when he died but it was before my marriage to my current wife). So, we'll be living with someone who's only been a part of the family for less than 2 decades. But, hey, it's a free place to live for now, so I'll chance that she's a pyschopathic murderer.

On the plus side, she's NOT an old cat lady. Yep, she has 3 dogs. ThumbsUp

(05-29-2017, 07:54 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Good Luck!

[Image: h2woav6uomo5v766g.jpg]

Thanks. And I love that movie. "You know what the Bible says about not forgiving people.  ...  It's against it."
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote