Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm not a big fan of most reaction videos
But I really dug watching this one. This is Devin Townsend playing the song Kingdom on EMG TV and most of the reactions here are by vocal coaches or opera singers. Most probably have a justifiable prejudice against Metal performers since most Metal vocalists suck. But Devin is a special cat. He was told by his first vocal coach on his first visit that his clean singing will get ruined by his raspy yelling so he left and never went back. The reactions by the professionals when he gets to the raspy parts is pretty astounding because most of them, their brains can't comprehend what they are seeing/hearing because everything they were taught is being disproven in front of them for the first time.

I first heard of him in Strapping Young Lad which is lots of angry, raging, fast Techno/Death/Thrash/Industrial thrown into a blender.
[Image: 49995586.jpg]
If you're not really into Thrash and bash, his Devin Townsend Project is still Metal-ish but really hard to classify as he's all over the spectrum of sounds and moods as you can tell by the first video. He actually got his big break as Steve Vai's vocalist after Vai left the David Lee Roth band.

Hope you all enjoy it.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
Holy shit! Man, that guy can f'n sing.

I'd say the odds of me watching an entire 30 minute vid are well less than 10%. I'd say the odds of me watching an entire 30 minute vid, linked by someone else, are less than 1%. I watched this whole thing.

This music definitely isn't even my style but I'm going to have to check out more of this guys stuff. Thanks for providing me with new music to check out!

PS I think the chick around the 22 min may have orgasmed a couple of times and no, I'm not even joking.
Reply/Quote
Instead of starting a new thread, I 'figgered' that I'd just put these here. We all love Star Wars to some degree, some love those movies considerably more than others. The original Trilogy is the obvious favorite and the prequels are very hit and miss among the Star Wars community. The last three movies are also hit and miss . . . but in 2015, nobody knew what JJ Abrams was doing with The Force Awakens until the trailers dropped. Most original Star Wars fans have dreamed of future/continued adventures of their favorite characters for up to 32 years at this point. It was neat seeing younger actors playing some of these characters in the prequels but this was the first CONTINUATION of their stories and adventures that wasn't relegated to a book or a video game. What you are about to watch is people being reunited with characters that they are as familiar with as some of their own family members. You are seeing their inner child being unlocked and awakened and the music has a lot to do with it. Some of these made me cry, some made me laugh and some made me do both.

The first one with the two Germans sitting through a 90 minute wank fest of Star Wars executives patting each other on the back just so they could watch the new trailer is pretty funny.

This is a 32 year wait for this moment.

She goes by Laurenstardust on YouTube and is a crying machine. No shame in being a fan.

This guy has tons of videos(over 4 million subscribers), he has a normal voice in most of them, this is his YouTube character's voice. His lines leading up to the trailer is an act that's mocking other YouTubers. His reaction is authentic, hilarious and totally contradicting everything he said before the trailer.

This one? I cried laughing at the end. Made the mistake of watching this at 2 am and woke up the house laughing so hard.

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
The last two posts were all Trailer #2, here's the final Trailer.

Laurenstardust checks in again while on vacation

Only users lose drugs.
Reply/Quote
Dude. This f'n video was so beautiful. I think I almost teared up right before I tore my clothes off and dove out the window, only to run back in and regret my actions and repeat.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
no red wedding reaction videos? lol...

most recent ones i watched where reactions to jethro tull music and solos. that dude had some talent

but if you never heard them - dragon force plays a ludicrous speed too lol

Reply/Quote