Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm optimistic
(12-21-2020, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

I realize potential free agents will take a little less instead of risking an injury, but not 30% to 40% less on the what will be the biggest contract of his entire career.

I agree. I would say there was very little chance Zeitler was going to sign for anything less than $10 mill APY.
He felt he was near the top of the league in terms of OG play, and he became the highest-paid OG at the time, surpassing Osemele ($11.5 mill APY).
Bengals would have likely had to pay $11 mill APY to keep him.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 03:13 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Teams that are "starting over" don't create huge new holes to fill.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:39 PM)Wyche Wrote: That's fair. I think KZ could been had for less than 9. IF the team had done their due diligence replacing him, this wouldn't be a discussion to be honest. 

The ONLY thing that irked me about the Whitworth deal was we had seen just how bad Ogbuehi was. I kinda felt we shoulda tagged Whit until we found someone at least serviceable. 

Yep.  They blamed it on an injury to Ogbuehi, but it is kind of disappointing that they couldn't see that the kid just didn't even seem to like football, let alone be very good at it.

At least that got rid of the piano man...not that I think the current line coach is any better.   I wish they would hire Big Willie as offensive line asst coach or something.  
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2020, 12:19 AM)jj22 Wrote: Well I'm optimistic you guys are optimistic.

I know I'm comforted.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2020, 06:58 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You guys have no idea what you are talking about.

I realize potential free agents will take a little less instead of risking an injury, but not 30% to 40% less on the what will be the biggest contract of his entire career.

It's all speculation, but the market wasn't as high the year they should've extended him.  I think 10 mil was the high water mark when all was said and done? I'd think they could've extended for at least under 10.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote