Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm ready for the Draft already
(01-21-2017, 09:17 AM)Jpoore Wrote: I wanna get the guy from Arizona State. Zane Gonzalez 23 of 25 this year 92%accuracy with a long of 59 yards. 

There are three really solid options as Kickers coming out of college...I would say wait until one goes, then start thinking about it because we definitely want one of them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:04 AM)kevin Wrote: NUGENT......I talk to many people not Bengals Fan and every time somebody makes a kick in the play-offs they say, " That guy can kick, Nothing like your Bengals ". .....I mention this if we really want to point out the weakest link that needs to leave the island.  Of course Nugent already left the island and was Terminated. ......Remember Atkins was injured a year and slower the next year back but now back on his game. Bengals drafted an injured player they knew would be on injured list his rookie season. This second year was really his rookie year to me in his first time able to play in NFL.  I would not judge Ogbuehi too much on 2017.  If he gets rookie mistakes out of way and gets healthy, all Bengals Fans will love this 2015 draft pick. This kid did not sink the Bengals.  If anybody did, it was NUGENT.  In London vs Washington he lost the game, but he lost us other games.  That moving the extra kick back in NFL really blew his mind.  I've never seen so many missed extra points, and those lose ball games. They really come back to kill you in the game. Some games he missed more than one extra point. .....NUGENT KILLED OUR SEASON. 
Disagree. Ogeebogee was BAD! And there were many other reasons the Bengals played/coached like crap.
Also, the commentator mentioned during one of the playoff games that the kicker (? team) had missed 7 extra points. He and Nugent must have been working out together in the offseason. Cry

On O&B Insider, Scott Schutze mentioned that Marvin had said he was ready to cut Nugent 3 weeks earlier, but didn't (can you say Mikey in charge?) before he missed the crucial kick that finally did get him fired. BTW moving the goalposts, etc. didn't affect Justin Tucker's ability to nail kicks from anywhere inside the stadium. Oh well, Mikey Brownpants is in charge.

I see where former Bengal Brown is back for tryouts along with Bullock. The O&B guys strongly implied that Brown isn't a "good" guy off the field. I have no idea what they meant by that.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 12:40 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: And could probably be had in the early 3rd round.  I think with a trade for AJM, the Bengals could end up with as many as 5 picks in the first three rounds.  That would be unbelievable.  

RB, C, G, DE would top my list, but McMillan could certainly be an option depending on who is there.  

A McCarron trade would really help this team. The more chances we get the more likely we find some playmakers.
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 02:33 PM)Derrick Wrote: Disagree. Ogeebogee was BAD! And there were many other reasons the Bengals played/coached like crap.
Also, the commentator mentioned during one of the playoff games that the kicker (? team) had missed 7 extra points. He and Nugent must have been working out together in the offseason. Cry

On O&B Insider, Scott Schutze mentioned that Marvin had said he was ready to cut Nugent 3 weeks earlier, but didn't (can you say Mikey in charge?) before he missed the crucial kick that finally did get him fired. BTW moving the goalposts, etc. didn't affect Justin Tucker's ability to nail kicks from anywhere inside the stadium. Oh well, Mikey Brownpants is in charge.

I see where former Bengal Brown is back for tryouts along with Bullock. The O&B guys strongly implied that Brown isn't a "good" guy off the field. I have no idea what they meant by that.

The Giants released him over a domestic violence admission.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:17 PM)McC Wrote: The Giants released him over a domestic violence admission.

Wait, a violent kicker?  Sign him up. Ninja

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:17 PM)McC Wrote: The Giants released him over a domestic violence admission.

That's Josh Brown. We signed Jon brown
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's Josh Brown. We signed Jon brown

Totally forgot about that guy. Backup kicker at Louisville, so he didn't even play in college. Mostly a soccer player at U of L. I give him a 1% chance of winning the job. We'll most likely sign or draft an experienced and better option with Brown playing the yearly role of kicker who gives the real kicker an occasional break through TC/preseason.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-22-2017, 01:07 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Totally forgot about that guy. Backup kicker at Louisville, so he didn't even play in college. Mostly a soccer player at U of L. I give him a 1% chance of winning the job. We'll most likely sign or draft an experienced and better option with Brown playing the yearly role of kicker who gives the real kicker an occasional break through TC/preseason.

Yeah I will say that some soccer players are good as fg kickers but regardless I'm just glad theyre not giving the job to someone and actually seem to be sticking to what they said about a competition. 
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 02:59 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: A McCarron trade would really help this team. The more chances we get the more likely we find some playmakers.

I still think the Texans are an ideal place for him.  They need a QB that can lead, not turn the ball over, and has nerves of steel...I think you could describe McCarron that way.  They also need a QB that won't cost them next to anything next year, because they are stuck paying Osweiler one more year of big-time salary.

Bring in AJ, let him compete for the job with Osweiler and Savage.  I think there is no way he wouldn't win the job, but even if he didn't, they lose a draft pick but gain their starting QB.  Plus, if AJ leaves for FA the following year, he will likely turn in to a compensatory pick for them.  

I don't see how they can pay for another QB without hurting the rest of their roster, and I also think with the QB and another solid RB to split carries with Lamar, they could compete for it all right now.  
Reply/Quote
(01-21-2017, 09:34 PM)Jpoore Wrote: That's Josh Brown. We signed Jon brown

Jonathan Brown to be exact and if successful and becomes our regular kicker we  can begin the comparisons to the Ochokick of legend. 
[Image: Brown-Johnathan.jpg]
Betcha didn't expect that..
I've always kind of wondered how kicking became the provence of just white guys. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2017, 06:13 PM)bengalsturntup926 Wrote: This off season is going to take FOREVER lol.  First off there's a article about Gunther and Tez talking on the phone during the championships game, saying they wanted a couple of them players I think we will definitely see a Alabama player here. But I will tell you what I would like.

Free agency i would sign both our top o lineman.  And I'd persue a pass rusher like Jason Pierre Paul, even with the finger missing he still did good, I remember wanting him before that happened.

Draft time, I was really wanting a #2 receiver,because I feel dalton needs elite talent, guys who can get open, and make big plays on their own. Eifert is injury prone, green has missed his share of big games also. We could probably get away with trading back 10 spots for another 2nd rounder and snag Davis or Ross.

But then I started watching cook and fornette.  We play a lot of Marvin ball, so why not try to get a great back, someone who is going to challenge being the best in the NFL. We run conservative approach, run run pass a lot. I don't see that changing while Marvin is here. It makes sense to have that kind of back. I think cook is the best back I'd love to get him if he's there. Fornette everyone is saying no to him. But the way he attacks the defense before they get to him, punishes the defender, is like a marshawn Lynch but faster, problem is injuries.  I'm pretty sure Alabama would have won the game if their big running back didn't come out. And they had no passing game really.

That being said yes I would like Foster paired with vontaze I think the NFL would hate that. Or a pass rusher like Allen or their other end in the 2nd round.

O line I feel they could grab one in the 2nd and I really prefer a center. I think we should just go with Fisher and whitworth, center would help alot ,just like it helped the steelers getting pouncy, but I doubt the Bengals really will move on. We still have westerman that was a good pick.

Thoughts??

Not excited about the draft. The Bengals under Marvin have squandered some of the most talented players in the NFL. If they have a good draft they will still be a mob. Just a more talented mob. 
Reply/Quote