Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 2 Average
I'm sick of the optimism!
I couldn't care less if we made the postseason or not.

But if we managed to do so, PLEASE, PLEASE, let us go to Baltimore and eliminate them with a backup QB.

The tears; the salt, the trolling; the shitposting; it'll all be glorious.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I couldn't care less if we made the postseason or not.

But if we managed to do so, PLEASE, PLEASE, let us go to Baltimore and eliminate them with a backup QB.

Agree with you here Bigzo. That would be sweet revenge. Smirk
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:40 PM)TKUHL Wrote: So….what happens if Jake from State Farm takes us to the AFC championship game? Could happen, why not us. We can be the SF of the AFC.

Weather Jake continues to play out of his mind the remainder of the season is still in question but he certainly looked capable last night. It’s a good thing regardless. Nice to know we have a back up that can keep us afloat if Burrow goes down again. Hopefully it will keep the team from giving up the moment Burrow goes down.

Man, that would be glorious. Browning wins the Super Bowl & gets a State Farm Commercial.
Reply/Quote
The tying FG drive had me shaking my head. Of course if Turner just falls on the fumble it's game over, but how are you playing so soft when they only need a FG? And the pass they gave up in OT that was called back. All of this I get if Trev is still playing, but they put no pressure and played soft against a guy coming off the bench.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Agree the defense has been far from stellar. Yet the first 4 games I am throwing out per the offense was so horrible that the defense rarely got rest with all of the 3 and outs. Still they have been a bit of a let down this season. Especially in tackling and anybody but Hendrickson getting pressure.

That being said I think the future is bright with CTB, Turner, Hill, Murphy, and Battle all getting better, certainly missed CTB last night.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:13 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree the defense has been far from stellar. Yet the first 4 games I am throwing out per the offense was so horrible that the defense rarely got rest with all of the 3 and outs. Still they have been a bit of a let down this season. Especially in tackling and anybody but Hendrickson getting pressure.

That being said I think the future is bright with CTB, Turner, Hill, Murphy, and Battle all getting better, certainly missed CTB last night.

Nice post Go Cards as usual. All true and we did miss CTB last night and we still were able to pull it off. Turner will just get better.

Chido still doesn't quite look like himself either, we will see how he looks against the Colts next week.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 06:36 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: I couldn't care less if we made the postseason or not.

Without a doubt.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:32 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Overall, I haven't been happy with the Defense for sure this year. Especially in allowing big plays and their inability to stop the run.

But as the young players gain experience it should get better. The vets need to get their shit together and yes, most of this is on Lou.

The poor tackling was my biggest complaint, so it was nice seeing better tackling last night. We will see, all I know is that Lou has had 
this Defense playing tops before and with the youth gaining experience it should get much better than what we have seen all season.

We finally saw a decent running game last night which should also help out the Defense and Browning.

also interesting to me was Browning under center at times which I believe keeps the D honest on not anticipating a Pass 90% if time and seemed to neutralize pass rush.....something Joey B doesnt do. 
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 08:13 PM)kalibengal Wrote: also interesting to me was Browning under center at times which I believe keeps the D honest on not anticipating a Pass 90% if time and seemed to neutralize pass rush.....something Joey B doesnt do. 

Yes. Burrow did it against the 49ers, but he needs to be under Center about half the time in order to make our Offense unpredictable.

This is something Burrow needs to work on. The Shotgun all the time just puts pressure on your OL, your QB and limits the running game.
Reply/Quote
If there’s one thing this fanbase is known for it’s overwhelming positivity. :ninja:

Reply/Quote
[Image: glass-half-full-glass-half-empty.gif]
Reply/Quote
Balance the offense. Keep running the ball. Let our new players develop. Those are the keys in my opinion.

We've got 3 very winnable games coming up and I think we've got a shot. Don't understand why anyone would want us to tank. Losing games usually means replacing players and coaches. Winning games usually means the opposite.

Seems like a no brainier to me. I'm all for continuity and winning.
Let's see what Jake does at home this week in front of a good crowd.
I know I'm pretty excited! Call me an optimist.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:20 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Balance the offense.  Keep running the ball.  Let our new players develop.  Those are the keys in my opinion.

We've got 3 very winnable games coming up and I think we've got a shot.  Don't understand why anyone would want us to tank.  Losing games usually means replacing players and coaches.  Winning games usually means the opposite.  

Seems like a no brainier to me.  I'm all for continuity and winning.
I know I'm pretty excited!   Call me an optimist.

I didn't want us to tank. I just thought we might lose out and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world in getting a much earlier 
pick than we usually do. Needed to see Browning play well at QB before I had hope of us still having a chance. Now I think we do 
and will be rooting for us wholeheartedly the rest of the season. Last night changed things.

Big win in Primetime for Jake Browning against a top team. Something Andy Dalton didn't do much.

I love the optimism 2minutes. Rock On
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:28 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I didn't want us to tank. I just thought we might lose out and it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world in getting a much earlier 
pick than we usually do. Needed to see Browning play well at QB before I had hope of us still having a chance. Now I think we do 
and will be rooting for us wholeheartedly the rest of the season. Last night changed things.

Big win in Primetime for Jake Browning against a top team. Something Andy Dalton didn't do much.

I love the optimism 2minutes. Rock On

Totally thought the same thing about Browning.  You could even call me a hater.  I really loved what I saw last night and want to see more.  The D is just young in places and needs more playing time.

Should be a good ride the rest of the season no matter how it turns out. 
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:18 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nice post Go Cards as usual. All true and we did miss CTB last night and we still were able to pull it off. Turner will just get better.

Chido still doesn't quite look like himself either, we will see how he looks against the Colts next week.

Agree Awuzie never really has gotten back up to full speed since his injury it seems.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I think fans that make similar posts just want attention or something more. This is Jungle forum. For fans. Maybe the mods need a separate forum for fans that want to complain. Say What
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:34 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Totally thought the same thing about Browning.  You could even call me a hater.  I really loved what I saw last night and want to see more.  The D is just young in places and needs more playing time.

Should be a good ride the rest of the season no matter how it turns out. 

Completely agree.  Cool

(12-05-2023, 10:38 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Agree Awuzie never really has gotten back up to full speed since his injury it seems.

Yes, those ACL tears take time. We actually might be able to afford to bring him back maybe as he hasn't played great.

I would give Chido another contract for once he gets 100% if he isn't too expensive. I love CTB, Turner and maybe Ivey might
be good but it would be nice to keep a guy like Chido around. Last year he was playing like a top Corner before the injury.

Or we could just draft Corner again somewhat early, seems to work for us lol

That and WR we are pretty good at drafting and developing.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:20 PM)2MinutesHate Wrote: Balance the offense.  Keep running the ball.  Let our new players develop.  Those are the keys in my opinion.

We've got 3 very winnable games coming up and I think we've got a shot.  Don't understand why anyone would want us to tank.  Losing games usually means replacing players and coaches.  Winning games usually means the opposite.  

Seems like a no brainier to me.  I'm all for continuity and winning.
I know I'm pretty excited!   Call me an optimist.

Because that is the quitter, loser mentality people have anymore...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:45 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Completely agree.  Cool

Yes, those ACL tears take time. We actually might be able to afford to bring him back maybe as he hasn't played great.

I would give Chido another contract for once he gets 100% if he isn't too expensive. I love CTB, Turner and maybe Ivey might
be good but it would be nice to keep a guy like Chido around. Last year he was playing like a top Corner before the injury.

Or we could just draft Corner again somewhat early, seems to work for us lol

That and WR we are pretty good at drafting and developing.
I am not sure of Turner. Yes, he's a rookie, but he seems very inconsistent and doesn't play the ball very well. Hoping he is learning, just fall on the ball at the end of games...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:02 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I am not sure of Turner. Yes, he's a rookie, but he seems very inconsistent and doesn't play the ball very well. Hoping he is learning, just fall on the ball at the end of games...

Hey, he has been better than Leon Hall as a rookie, just sayin'.

We can be hard on rookies.
Reply/Quote