Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ogbuehi, Kroft, Fisher, Jones, Burkhead, TJ Johnson all full go in practice
(09-08-2016, 11:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: All these guys back full go at practice.

Dennard still listed as "limited" but taking part in all drills.

Pat Sims is not practicing but expected to be "ready by Thursday".  That does not sound good for Sunday.  Looks like with DeShawn Williams our ony health back up DT we will see a lot of Hunt playing inside.

Lot of good news here but i don't like Sims being out. Good thing i like DeShawn and it seemed Hunt
played better inside in the Preseason. Still could be much worse though for sure.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 05:32 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Sims was back today full go I believe

Great news if true.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 07:58 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Great news if true.

I thought that I read a blurb about him practicing today.  No details, just said that he was at practice.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sims went full was what was reported
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 06:20 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: We obviously need Dennard for depth badly.  Can't believe we didn't pick anyone up.

I don't consider Dennard as depth.  He is supposed to be the starting slot corner.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 04:45 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: TO ME,so far this pre-season Margus Hunt has been terrible.The guy is stiff,cannot bend his back to get down in time,allows the offense to hold onto him,cannot break away from blocks in time,is SLOW on his feet,reacts to everything way too slow to play on the line.Being strong and tall in the nfl is not always going to make you a good player.He does not have the cat attack mentality,and is just a terrible defensive player.He would be a much better blocker for the O-line because he would not have to run much and just react to the d-line.I hope release him when they find someone else.

And heres another thought,maybe the D-line coach thinks they can fix this guy.So far to me he is not even close to Bengal standards. CUT HIM.GET ME SOMEBODY NOW.
I realize it is all water under the bridge, but who in the draft room thought this guy could play DL in the NFL? Rhetorical, yes.
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2016, 09:54 PM)Derrick Wrote: I realize it is all water under the bridge, but who in the draft room thought this guy could play DL in the NFL? Rhetorical, yes.

Hunt was drafted right about where the draft experts said he would be. 

Everyone is a genius when they can use hindsight.
Reply/Quote
The scouting on Hunt proved pretty accurate - they said his weakness was not bending properly and losing leverage plus concentration but still thought his physical gifts merited a first day pick.
Reply/Quote