Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm so sorry
For the deceptive thread title. Not smack, and I get why this sub-forum hasn't been as active as in the past, but I wanted to give kudos to the AFCN in general. Every team ending with a winning record and three teams made the playoffs. Although it comes with a caveat, as the Browns fans are more obnoxious that any other fan base I have seen in my lifetime. I guess having success for the first time in decades will do that to you.

Is there a better division in the NFL? Not even close.

Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: For the deceptive thread title.  Not smack, and I get why this sub-forum hasn't been as active as in the past, but I wanted to give kudos to the AFCN in general.  Every team ending with a winning record and three teams made the playoffs.  Although it comes with a caveat, as the Browns fans are more obnoxious that any other fan base I have seen in my lifetime.  I guess having success for the first time in decades will do that to you.

Is there a better division in the NFL?  Not even close.

Not only did three division teams make it, but unless the rest of today’s results have the ability to change things, the Bengals finished 8th in the 7 team playoff race.  AFCN by a mile.  
Reply/Quote
Like clock-work, we lose the most obvious trap games in spectacular fashion. But Tomlin pulls a magic rabbit out of his ass and we make the playoffs.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 06:16 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: For the deceptive thread title.  Not smack, and I get why this sub-forum hasn't been as active as in the past, but I wanted to give kudos to the AFCN in general.  Every team ending with a winning record and three teams made the playoffs.  Although it comes with a caveat, as the Browns fans are more obnoxious that any other fan base I have seen in my lifetime.  I guess having success for the first time in decades will do that to you.

AFCN was amazing. At the beginning of the year there were people seriously discussing that the AFCE was a better division. 

As far as Browns fans, Watson getting injured was the best thing that could've happened to them this year. Flacco is eons better. If he and Burrow both had stayed healthy, I truly believe that the Bengals and Browns switch positions. 
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 07:27 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: AFCN was amazing. At the beginning of the year there were people seriously discussing that the AFCE was a better division. 

As far as Browns fans, Watson getting injured was the best thing that could've happened to them this year. Flacco is eons better. If he and Burrow both had stayed healthy, I truly believe that the Bengals and Browns switch positions. 

I’d like to think the Steelers would have won these last three weeks with Kenny, but I can’t escape the thought that both the Browns and Steelers may have benefitted from QB injuries …
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2024, 07:54 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I’d like to think the Steelers would have won these last three weeks with Kenny, but I can’t escape the thought that both the Browns and Steelers may have benefitted from QB injuries …

True
Reply/Quote

Historic in the Superbowl era to have a division with all teams above .500 Who Dey

[Image: 5b4a1580fa4a3fece6265d2cc0b736f8.gif?447202955]
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 03:50 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: Historic in the Superbowl era to have a division with all teams above .500 Who Dey

[Image: 5b4a1580fa4a3fece6265d2cc0b736f8.gif?447202955]

I thought you didn’t recognize the “Super Bowl Era”. LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 04:29 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I thought you didn’t recognize the “Super Bowl Era”. LOL

I clearly wrote in the "Super Bowl Era" for trolls like you, who wanted to troll me.  Smirk

In 1935 "The West" Division had 4 teams above .500.

Let me state this slowly for you. I recognize the "Super Bowl Era", what you fail to comprehend is that I recognize all NFL Championships. 

Now let me go even slower, the 1965 NFL Championship winner Green Bay Packers have more in common with the 1966 Superbowl I Champions Green Bay Packers than the 1966 Superbowl I Champions and the 2023 Superbowl LVII Champions Kansas City Chiefs. In fact, each of the NFL Champions in the 60's including the Superbowl NFL Champions 1966-1970 are more similar to each other than the 2020 Champions. Just because you throw the moniker "Super Bowl", doesn't mean all other Championships expire like milk. Again, the 1965 NFL Champions Green Bay Packers are more closer to the 1966 Super Bowl Champions Green Bay Packers than the 1966 Super Bowl Champions and the 2023 Super Bowl Kansas City Chiefs.

Thus, the 2023 AFC North Division was not the first Division to go above .500 with all their teams, but to make it sound more important like you do that's why I said "Super Bowl Era", plus I was fishing and the bait I used caught the fish. lol. 

[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 06:53 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I clearly wrote in the "Super Bowl Era" for trolls like you, who wanted to troll me.  Smirk

Let me state this slowly for you. I recognize the "Super Bowl Era", what you fail to comprehend is that I recognize all NFL Championships. 

Now let me go even slower, the 1965 NFL Championship winner Green Bay Packers have more in common with the 1966 Superbowl I Champions Green Bay Packers than the 1966 Superbowl I Champions and the 2023 Superbowl LVII Champions Kansas City Chiefs. In fact, each of the NFL Champions in the 60's including the Superbowl NFL Champions 1966-1970 are more similar to each other than the 2020 Champions. Just because you throw the moniker "Super Bowl", doesn't mean all other Championships expire like milk. Again, the 1965 NFL Champions Green Bay Packers are more closer to the 1966 Super Bowl Champions Green Bay Packers than the 1966 Super Bowl Champions and the 2023 Super Bowl Kansas City Chiefs.

Thus, the 2023 AFC North Division was not the first Division to go above .500 with all their teams, but to make it sound more important like you do that's why I said "Super Bowl Era", plus I was fishing and the bait I used caught the fish. lol. 

Doesn’t take much to get you going, does it?  LOL 
Reply/Quote

I'm 61 and my best friend and still is since 4th grade is a Cowboys fan.  They are by far IMHO the most obnoxious fan base.  America's team?  Browns fans that I've met have been humble and I usually meet steeler fans in the beer lines.  I lost count of Steeler fans buying me a beer for being a Bengals fan.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 02:16 AM)need2mellowout Wrote: I'm 61 and my best friend and still is since 4th grade is a Cowboys fan.  They are by far IMHO the most obnoxious fan base.  America's team?  Browns fans that I've met have been humble and I usually meet steeler fans in the beer lines.  I lost count of Steeler fans buying me a beer for being a Bengals fan.

I know we all feel like we have a sense of what other teams’ fans are like, but most of us only know a fraction of a percent of all the fans from other teams, which means that our perception of those fans is really either our perception of the fans we know, or it’s based on our perception of that team.  Either way, the reality is, in most cases, probably not what we think it is.  
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 11:55 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: I know we all feel like we have a sense of what other teams’ fans are like, but most of us only know a fraction of a percent of all the fans from other teams, which means that our perception of those fans is really either our perception of the fans we know, or it’s based on our perception of that team.  Either way, the reality is, in most cases, probably not what we think it is.  
This board is a big enough sample size to confirm all Bengals fans are fucktards.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2024, 08:10 PM)6andcounting Wrote: This board is a big enough sample size to confirm all Bengals fans are fucktards.

Deep down you know you love the Bengals or you wouldn't have their colors all over the place. I couldn't put that pee and black anywhere on my page. I can't stand Iowa or Centerville sports because of those colors. (Sorry, my fellow Centerville Bengals fans. I mean no offense) Just the thought of anything poopsburgh stooler color is absurd.
Reply/Quote
Pretty cool, but I’d be happy if the Bengals got shipped over to the NFC South.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2024, 06:53 PM)BengalYankee Wrote: I clearly wrote in the "Super Bowl Era" for trolls like you, who wanted to troll me.  Smirk

Congratulations on winning the internet. Now what are you gonna do with all your new found fame and fortune? I hear Family Dollar is having a big sale on a 8 ounce box of Cherrios! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote