Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sorry everyone
(01-09-2022, 08:12 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: Lol. Join the club of rooting for scumbags. Come on in with the other 31 teams. The waters warm.

Some of us actually care more about victims than football.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some of us actually care more about victims than football.

The irony coming from a Ravens fan.  Cool
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Some of us actually care more about victims than football.

I'd certainly fall into that category.  I just don't see what two unsubstantiated claims that couldn't even justify an indictment have to do with that.

(01-09-2022, 08:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The irony coming from a Ravens fan.  Cool

C'mon, it's not like the historical face of their franchise ever participated in the act and subsequent cover up of a murder or anything.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd certainly fall into that category.  I just don't see what two unsubstantiated claims that couldn't even justify an indictment have to do with that.

C'mon, it's not like the historical face of their franchise ever participated in the act and subsequent cover up of a murder or anything.

He knows. Everyone knows. Every team is full of criminals and miscreants. If you truly care about victims instead of pretending to, you shut the TV off and stop following football altogether. 
Reply/Quote
The first time in thirty years I would be happy to see Bengals play Steelers in playoffs.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:35 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The Bengals beat them down twice, yet here we are. Try to keep up. Your smack isn't well thought out.  Cool

Oh, sorry. I must not have noticed you.  Cool

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh, sorry. I must not have noticed you.  Cool

I blend in here. 
Cincinnati will be my team that I root for once Pittsburgh is eliminated (in about a week from now)  Wink
I'd like to see you guys do some damage this year. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:32 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I blend in here. 
Cincinnati will be my team that I root for once Pittsburgh is eliminated (in about a week from now)  Wink

That makes two of us.

We'll see...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:39 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I didn't give a shit about seeing Tyler Huntley, Devonta Freeman, and whatever practice squad corners we have starting make the playoffs at 9-8 and get embarrassed the next week.

I just wanted to see that garbage human being under center for Pittsburgh lose and no longer hear people talk about his "final ride".

I'm sorry that Baltimore's patchwork team failed to do that and now all of us have to listen to the sports media keep talking about Ben's final season for at least a few more hours

Don't apologize for your team. They just suck ass. Man up!

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 08:44 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: The irony coming from a Ravens fan.  Cool

Explain how I’ve demonstrated otherwise

(01-09-2022, 08:52 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I'd certainly fall into that category.  I just don't see what two unsubstantiated claims that couldn't even justify an indictment have to do with that.

I’ve been pretty open about not liking Ray Lewis.

Also, to dismiss the Georgia incident as “unsubstantiated” is pathetically gross. Cuts and bruising to her genitals, multiple eye witnesses saying that one bodyguard forcibly led her to where Ben was and that the other blocked her friends from helping her, and then the cop who arrived (who was taking photos with Ben earlier) telling his bodyguards “we have a problem, this drunk b**ch is saying he raped her” and never questioning Ben…

But hey, the victim couldn’t handle the possible media attention surrounding the attack and asked to drop charges so I guess it’s cool to like the guy for being able to throw a ball. Same with people who revere Ray Lewis, but he’s been out of the league for 9 years so bringing him up as a “what about” isn’t super effective

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:41 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Don't apologize for your team. They just suck ass. Man up!

I’ll give them some credit. Having 5 of those final losses come down to a total of 8 combined points is pretty impressive for a bunch of back ups.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Explain how I’ve demonstrated otherwise

Show where I've defended raping women. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 09:32 PM)StrictlyBiz Wrote: I blend in here. 

Same here. When the Steelers are gone, I like to root for the teams that haven’t won one yet. If y’all end up facing the Bills or Titans, that might be a tough choice, but rooting for Cincy against Las Vegas or NE is a no-brainer.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2022, 06:56 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Chiefs will handle it.

Remember the Chiefs will have to beat the Steelers and the refs. But I'd say they will. Hopefully Pig Pens last play will be getting face planted by Chiefs DE.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:37 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Explain how I’ve demonstrated otherwise

I’ve been pretty open about not liking Ray Lewis.

Also, to dismiss the Georgia incident as “unsubstantiated” is pathetically gross. Cuts and bruising to her genitals, multiple eye witnesses saying that one bodyguard forcibly led her to where Ben was and that the other blocked her friends from helping her, and then the cop who arrived (who was taking photos with Ben earlier) telling his bodyguards “we have a problem, this drunk b**ch is saying he raped her” and never questioning Ben…

But hey, the victim couldn’t handle the possible media attention surrounding the attack and asked to drop charges so I guess it’s cool to like the guy for being able to throw a ball. Same with people who revere Ray Lewis, but he’s been out of the league for 9 years so bringing him up as a “what about” isn’t super effective

I have zero desire to rehash that discussion again for the umpteenth time.  Suffice to say there's plenty of exculpatory evidence as well, such as the victim denying she was raped until he friends pressured her into saying she was.  In any event, given neither of us where there or have any first hand knowledge of the incident we must view the facts.  Ben was never charged and the DA didn't even have enough evidence to secure an indictment with the grand jury.  You want to believe he did it, that's fine.  But you certainly cannot state it as fact as you did in your OP.  Well, you can, but it betrays a lack of adherence to fact.

In any event it's smack talk so I'll take it in that spirit.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Remember the Chiefs will have to beat the Steelers and the refs. But I'd say they will. Hopefully Pig Pens last play will be getting face planted by Chiefs DE.

His career unceremoniously ending on a tie between two other teams would’ve been hilarious.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 12:44 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Remember the Chiefs will have to beat the Steelers and the refs. But I'd say they will. Hopefully Pig Pens last play will be getting face planted by Chiefs DE.

I forgot that Steeler playoff season was ‘confirmation bias season’ for the fans of the rest of the AFC North …
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 07:38 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I’ll give them some credit. Having 5 of those final losses come down to a total of 8 combined points is pretty impressive for a bunch of back ups.

[Image: 60q0ff.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 01:54 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: His career unceremoniously ending on a tie between two other teams would’ve been hilarious.

Not going to lie, when the Chargers/Raiders game looked headed to a tie I had to acknowledge just how insane, and funny, it would be for all the other things to fall into place and then for that game to end in a tie.  I mean, what are the odds?
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 02:03 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not going to lie, when the Chargers/Raiders game looked headed to a tie I had to acknowledge just how insane, and funny, it would be for all the other things to fall into place and then for that game to end in a tie.  I mean, what are the odds?

Based on closing odds, a Steelers moneyline, Jags moneyline, and Chargers/Raiders draw result parlay would’ve been 234 to 1.
Reply/Quote