Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm sorry....
Ok. I have been raving hard about not taking sewell because this draft is deep with OL. I initially seen the "CUT THE TAPE ON" segment with Ace with new stripe city on YouTube like a month or so back on sewell and wasn't impressed with the film I seen.

So I was all team Pitts (still won't be mad at that pick) and chase to just because of the connection to burrow.

Today I was bored and figured I would watch some sewell tape on my own. Man that guy is good! Very athletic, even if he gets beat he can recover well. He is smart. He was blocking one guy, when he put him on the ground he immediately took on another guy. Then seeing his interview today saying "they forgot about me, I'm still OL#1" I'm sold!

Sewell it is.
Reply/Quote
We will take Chase or trade back
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 01:47 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Ok. I have been raving hard about not taking sewell because this draft is deep with OL. I initially seen the "CUT THE TAPE ON" segment with Ace with new stripe city on YouTube like a month or so back on sewell and wasn't impressed with the film I seen.

So I was all team Pitts (still won't be mad at that pick) and chase to just because of the connection to burrow.

Today I was bored and figured I would watch some sewell tape on my own. Man that guy is good! Very athletic, even if he gets beat he can recover well. He is smart. He was blocking one guy, when he put him on the ground he immediately took on another guy. Then seeing his interview today saying "they forgot about me, I'm still OL#1" I'm sold!

Sewell it is.

I don’t know how you couldn’t be impressed with the way Sewell handled that left side. He isn’t Bobby shart or Michael Jordan staying in one spot hoping for a defender to show up, he looks for work when he’s open and pancakes people out of plays.

He’s going to have growing pains especially if drafted in this division, but his athletic gifts will help erase some of those issues. Not a perfect prospect, but he’s pretty close.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 07:17 AM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: I don’t know how you couldn’t be impressed with the way Sewell handled that left side. He isn’t Bobby shart or Michael Jordan staying in one spot hoping for a defender to show up, he looks for work when he’s open and pancakes people out of plays.

He’s going to have growing pains especially if drafted in this division, but his athletic gifts will help erase some of those issues. Not a perfect prospect, but he’s pretty close.

I don't disagree. Slater looks more NFL ready right now, but long term while I think Slater will also be good, I think Sewell is better as he gains NFL experience.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 03:28 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: We will take Chase or trade back

That’s disgusting
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 10:44 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: That’s disgusting

You're disgusting.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 10:44 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: That’s disgusting

You're right...picturing Chase, Boyd, and Higgins lining up with Burrow game 1 is disgusting. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I'm not leaving the likes of YOU GUYS with my egg spurt opinion (actually I already did, but that's another story). I'm gonna sit and wait for Mike Brown to call me on draft day to tell him who to pick.. Who Dey
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'd have to say, having Jonah at LT, Sewell at LG, Hopkins/Price at Center, XFS/Spain at RG and Reiff at RT would be a very good line one would think.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 10:57 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: You're right...picturing Chase, Boyd, and Higgins lining up with Burrow game 1 is disgusting. 

And then Chase, Boyd, and Higgins lining up with Allen game 2.

Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 01:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And then Chase, Boyd, and Higgins lining up with Allen game 2.

Ninja
Clapping

And we got Finely's one high mark due to Allen missing 1 game out of 6.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 01:47 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: Ok. I have been raving hard about not taking sewell because this draft is deep with OL. I initially seen the "CUT THE TAPE ON" segment with Ace with new stripe city on YouTube like a month or so back on sewell and wasn't impressed with the film I seen.

Today I was bored and figured I would watch some sewell tape on my own. Man that guy is good! Very athletic,  even if he gets beat he can recover well.  He is smart. He was blocking one guy,  when he put him on the ground he immediately took on another guy.  Then seeing his interview today saying "they forgot about me, I'm still OL#1" I'm sold!

Sewell it is.

well you can;t say he lacks confidence, who does that remind you up on our team.. hmmm #9
Reply/Quote
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 01:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]

[Image: partiv2.gif]

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
The beauty of this pick is I don't think we can go wrong. I think Sewell and Chase are destined for greatness in the NFL.

The one thing I will say is that if we go Sewell in the first, then I think we have 3 different position groups that we could draft in the 2nd round: C/OG (like Humphrey), WR or DE. WR is a need, but if you go into the season with Boyd, Higgins and a 3rd round WR that isn't a disaster. Likewise, going into the season with Hubbard, Hendrickson and a 3rd round pick isn't a disaster.

If we go into the season with Chase, a 2nd round DE and a 3rd round OG, I think that would be a huge mistake.

For that reason, if we go Chase, the 2nd round pick absolutely, positively HAS to be Oline in some way.

So picking Sewell keeps you more in the BPA lane moving into the 2nd and 3rd rounds, whereas picking Chase does kind of pigeonhole you a bit into OL at all costs in round 2.

The reason for this is we still have one gaping hole on our Oline and one future hole. So doubling up OL makes sense. Missing it in the first two rounds entirely is pretty much a disaster.

That alone isn't a definitive reason to not take Chase. If you got Chase, Leatherwood, there are obviously no issues. The concern I had is we go Chase, and then Sewell, Slater, Darrisaw, Cosmi, Jenkins, Leatherwood, Radunz, Mayfield, Vera-Tucker, Davis and Humphrey all go between picks 6 and 37. Not likely in the slightest, but possible.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 01:11 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: And then Chase, Boyd, and Higgins lining up with Allen game 2.

Ninja

You've been around long enough to know it's our 1st round pick that misses the season with injury.

Boyd, Higgins, and Auden Tate lined up with Joe Burrow. Same thing will happen if Sewell is the pick.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 02:51 PM)jason Wrote: You've been around long enough to know it's our 1st round pick that misses the season with injury.

Boyd, Higgins, and Auden Tate lined up with Joe Burrow. Same thing will happen if Sewell is the pick.

While I wouldn't be upset at all about Chase being the pick if Sewell is already taken by the time #5 rolls around, and I do think the Bengals need another receiving option, that new receiving option doesn't *need* to be a world beater. A guy who can put up something like... 40/640-680/5 is probably enough.

Just need to stretch the field a little to create operating room underneath for Higgins and Boyd and make it so both safeties aren't in the box for Mixon. Low workload speed guys are generally middle round types, aren't they? Marquez Valdes-Scantling/Gabriel Davis type player.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Why are so many people neglecting the Bengals’ inept rushing attack? It’s a good thing to consider protecting Joe Burrow but what about the OTHER Joe, Joe Mixon? He needs bigger creases up front.
Reply/Quote
(04-03-2021, 04:13 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Why are so many people neglecting the Bengals’ inept rushing attack?  It’s a good thing to consider protecting Joe Burrow but what about the OTHER Joe, Joe Mixon?  He needs bigger creases up front.

Being able to line up and run the football 50% of the time will exponentially increase Joe Burrow's odds of remaining healthy for an entire season.  Mellow

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote