Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm still waiting
For the Steelers fans to post how upset they were for Shazier celebrating Bernard's injury.

You'd think the Steeler players would've publicly scolded him by now too.

I guess it's only classless when Burfict does it?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: For the Steelers fans to post how upset they were for Shazier celebrating Bernard's injury.

To me, he was celebrating his fumble and recovery, but I still didn't like seeing it. Celebrating while a player is still on the ground in need of attention is classless. Unfortunately it is something that happened on both sides of the ball (like Burfict's hit on Ben for an example as he celebrated what was an excellent play).
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:16 AM)Belsnickel Wrote: To me, he was celebrating his fumble and recovery, but I still didn't like seeing it. Celebrating while a player is still on the ground in need of attention is classless. Unfortunately it is something that happened on both sides of the ball (like Burfict's hit on Ben for an example as he celebrated what was an excellent play).

This.  I felt the same way.  I didn't think he was rejoicing that another player was down, but I also didn't like that he was so demonstrative while he was.  

Here's the thing - those two plays resulted in good things for the celebrating players' teams.  If they had been penalized, a celebration would clearly have only been for the injury.  But they weren't, so it's a little murkier.  Doesn't make it right, but it makes it harder to prove that they actually celebrated injury.  
Reply/Quote
Shazier fits right in with the steelers. Punk
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:11 AM)PhilHos Wrote: For the Steelers fans to post how upset they were for Shazier celebrating Bernard's injury.

After he ran it all the way to the end zone and went to the sideline?
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:40 PM)GMDino Wrote: After he ran it all the way to the end zone and went to the sideline?

Mitigate. It's a well-worn tool in a steelers fans toolbox.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 01:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Mitigate. It's a well-worn tool in a steelers fans toolbox.

No, just asking.

Did he celebrate on the field after the hit?  Or was it on the sideline after he thought he scored a touchdown?

Two different celebrations there.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, just asking.

Did he celebrate on the field after the hit?  Or was it on the sideline after he thought he scored a touchdown?

Did burfict "celebrate" the tackle on Bell next to him, or on the other side of the field?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:02 PM)GMDino Wrote: No, just asking.

He came back onto the field and you could see him dancing in the middle with another Steelers player while Bernard was still unconscious, and while the play was still under review. He then continued to dance on the sidelines after it was ruled a fumble. I have no problem with the sideline dancing, but dancing on the field while the guy you hit is still unconscious is utter trash. Especially when the play had not been decided yet. Imagine if Burfict did this while Brown was out. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:06 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did burfict "celebrate" the tackle on Bell next to him, or on the other side of the field?

Middle of the field as he was going back to the huddle for second down.

Or are you trying to "mitigate" that too?

Cool
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 09:38 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: This.  I felt the same way.  I didn't think he was rejoicing that another player was down, but I also didn't like that he was so demonstrative while he was.  

Here's the thing - those two plays resulted in good things for the celebrating players' teams.  If they had been penalized, a celebration would clearly have only been for the injury.  But they weren't, so it's a little murkier.  Doesn't make it right, but it makes it harder to prove that they actually celebrated injury.  

I agree. I don't feel Shazier celebrated Gio's injury, nor do I think Burfict celebrated ben's injury. I think they were both just happy for making good plays.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:09 PM)GMDino Wrote: Middle of the field as he was going back to the huddle for second down.

Or are you trying to "mitigate" that too?

Cool

I'm saying that Shazier is a piece of shit and you don't have the balls to own up to his shittiness.

Go ahead and deflect some more.

Reply/Quote
(01-10-2016, 02:36 PM)Beaker Wrote: I agree. I don't feel Shazier celebrated Gio's injury, nor do I think Burfict celebrated ben's injury. I think they were both just happy for making good plays.

Burfict's hit on Ben was completely clean.  Taking the ball and running with it showed some immaturity...but I had ZERO problem with him doing that.  At that point he was amped up and he funneled it into some great play that concluded with the INT.

Then he lost his mind, crossed the line, and cost the Bengals the game.
You mask is slipping.
Reply/Quote