Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm watching Reds Sunday vs Cardinals hoping to win series
If Reds can win Sunday, they start winning Philly series and Cardinals series. That would be a great start. So I know what I'm doing Sunday. I liked Garrett Friday night. I don't know about the older pitchers, but the young pitchers could surprise. I still wish Romano was here but I can't see him in minors much longer. He dominated Spring as much as Kershaw for LA. .....Anyway, a chance to win first 2 series Sunday. I'm more ready for that than Opening Day. As Pete Rose said, Cincy Fans want them to win. not just play. Sunday, I hope they beat St Louis.....Then on to beat Pittsburg in a series ????...The young pitchers have my hope rising. I liked Garrett throwing strikes and going right after hitters. A guy like Garrett could be a real difference maker like Wayne Simpson in 1970 early or Jack Armstrong in 1990 early, only hoping Garrett has a longer career. I got to see Bob Gibson pitch and I'm in no way comparing Garrett to him but Gibson was all about throwing strikes and going after the hitters and for one night that is what Garrett did.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
Reds get the win.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
This is fun. I hope it stays fun for awhile.

Things may just get interesting when Romano is brought to the majors. If a pitching staff materializes this year, then the rebuild may just be coming to an end soon. All we could hope for is a couple of young arms to look legit and that possibility is starting to look real. Love it.
Reply/Quote
(04-10-2017, 01:46 AM)samhain Wrote: Things may just get interesting when Romano is brought to the majors.

What if Mesaroco, DiScalfini, and Bailey all add some value as the year progresses?
Reply/Quote
I watched Gibson too and he wasn't afraid to take someone's hat to the cleaners.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote