Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I miss Burrow
It's amazing how good he made the offense look. Without him the offense was absolutely abysmal for the most part
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's amazing how good he made the offense look. Without him the offense was absolutely abysmal for the most part

Kinda like last year eh?

All they really did was draft 3 guys who are all better than the guys that played last year.

He did nothing to the offensive line. Thats where they failed the hardest. Even if they go hard in this FA and draft Sewell tgey already damaged the franchise.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's amazing how good he made the offense look. Without him the offense was absolutely abysmal for the most part

Except we didn't produce touchdown or wins. yards yes. .. .and outside I'd Cleveland games, he was ineffective in scoring.   . We still only had 10 points into 3rd quarter last week.against a inferior defense than Giants
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Except we didn't produce touchdowns.. yards yes. .. yards yes.and outside I'd Cleveland games, he was ineffective in scoring.   . 

Well have you seen what they have done without him? They averaged 2.2 yards per play since he went down before that last 2nd to last drive. 

Id say that just elevates how good Joe has been playing. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Except we didn't produce touchdown or wins. yards yes. .. .and outside I'd Cleveland games, he was ineffective in scoring.   . We still only had 10 points into 3rd quarter last week.against a inferior defense than Giants

Shocked 

He had 4 30+ point games, a 23 point tie, and a 27 point game.

3 or more TDs for 6 of his 9 games.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Except we didn't produce touchdown or wins. yards yes. .. .and outside I'd Cleveland games, he was ineffective in scoring.   . We still only had 10 points into 3rd quarter last week.against a inferior defense than Giants

We just making stuff up? I'm pretty sure 8th ranked defense is better than 17th ranked defense. We had 155 yards TOTAL today.

Burrow had 203 in one half last week against a much better defense than Giants. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We just making stuff up? I'm pretty sure 8th ranked defense is better than 17th ranked defense. We had 155 yards TOTAL today.

Not to mention it should have been 14 points which was on pace for 28 points in the game...No way he even watched the Washington game. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Shocked 

Essex has had bad takes since Burrow's injury, pretty confident they are trolling at this point.
Reply/Quote

In his 10 games.. he had 6 TDs in 2 games.. 7 in 7 games passing.. hate to tell you but we were 26th last year in scoring .. and we are 26th this year in scoring... Yes Burrow is doing well as a rookie as the #1 pick of draft at QB but he has he really produced scoring and wins.. No.. not at least this year
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In his 10 games.. he had 6 TDs in 2 games.. 7 in 7 games passing..  hate to tell you but we were 26th last year in scoring .. and we are 26th this year in scoring... Yes Burrow  is doing ok as a rookie as the #1 pick of draft at QB but he has he really produced scoring and wins.. No.. not at least this year

Seriously. Look at his coaching and teammates. His WR average the least amount of separation in the NFL. Not going to find a lot of open WR but still moved the ball down the field. They had more 10 play drives or more than any other team before Burrow went down. Considering that have no running game, that's because Burrow kept drives alive. When you have WRs that can't get open between the 20s, that only gets worse in the RZ. 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: In his 10 games.. he had 6 TDs in 2 games.. 7 in 7 games passing..  hate to tell you but we were 26th last year in scoring .. and we are 26th this year in scoring... Yes Burrow  is doing well as a rookie as the #1 pick of draft at QB but he has he really produced scoring and wins.. No.. not at least this year

Through 10 games last year, the Bengals scored 147 points.

Through 10 games under Burrow, the Bengals put up 213 points.

That's 21.3 PPG under Burrow, 14.7 PPG the same period the prior year.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:29 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Through 10 games last year, the Bengals scored 147 points.

Through 10 games under Burrow, the Bengals put up 213 points.

That's 21.3 PPG under Burrow, 14.7 PPG the same period the prior year.

Exactly. We literally had 3 offensive points until under 4 minutes left in game. This wasn't exactly Baltimore or Pittsburgh. I think its a testament to Joe, but also how bad these coaches are. 
Reply/Quote
It's why I always took exception to the "No QB could do more than Andy" stance around here. Joe can.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Except we didn't produce touchdown or wins. yards yes. .. .and outside I'd Cleveland games, he was ineffective in scoring.   . We still only had 10 points into 3rd quarter last week.against a inferior defense than Giants
Have a day off pal, we get it...you’ve dug your heels in on Joe
[Image: giphy.gif]

Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:10 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: We just making stuff up? I'm pretty sure 8th ranked defense is better than 17th ranked defense. We had 155 yards TOTAL today.

Giants ranked 6th against the rush and top 10 in sacks.. duh of course Burrow is better by miles to our backups but still does not deter 26th in scoring and lack of wins.
Reply/Quote

Pifff...get out of here with your...facts.

We're Bengals fans.  We deal in hyperbole.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:56 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Kinda like last year eh?

All they really did was draft 3 guys who are all better than the guys that played last year.

He did nothing to the offensive line. Thats where they failed the hardest. Even if they go hard in this FA and draft Sewell tgey already damaged the franchise.

Not really true. They made some offensive line improvements, they just didn't work out. They signed XFS, who was immediately injured though he gradest highest among our linemen in his one game. They signed Prince to play guard, he opted out. They knew they were getting Jonah back. Not saying they shouldn't  have done more, but they didn't do "nothing"
Reply/Quote

Burrow was the only bright and exciting thing to watch this year. The ONLY thing... 
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 08:05 PM)YorkshireBengal Wrote: Have a day off pal, we get it...you’ve dug your heels in on Joe

To bad they don't ban trolls
Reply/Quote