Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
I miss Burrow
(11-29-2020, 07:05 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Well have you seen what they have done without him? They averaged 2.2 yards per play since he went down before that last 2nd to last drive. 

Id say that just elevates how good Joe has been playing. 

That guy just hates Burrow and that the Bengals picked him. No use trying facts with him. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:08 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Shocked 

He had 4 30+ point games, a 23 point tie, and a 27 point game.

3 or more TDs for 6 of his 9 games.

Oh, and there's the part where he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about, about pretty much anything. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Since Joe Burrow went down last week we have actually seen what the Cincinnati Bengals are truly made of. As it turns out he was artificially elevating the offense all by himself — but only through the air. The run game has stunk all season but there’s nothing Joe can do about that.

The sad truth is without Joe Burrow we see the true nature of the Bengals’ inept offense. Joe made them better than they were but his mere presence has not translated into wins. Mike Brown is wrong about his “franchise quarterback is all you need” philosophy and I submit 30 years of no playoff wins and many more losing seasons than winning seasons as proof.

Now at least we know what we need in the off-season: One of everything!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 10:11 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Since Joe Burrow went down last week we have actually seen what the Cincinnati Bengals are truly made of. As it turns out he was artificially elevating the offense all by himself — but only through the air.  The run game has stunk all season but there’s nothing Joe can do about that.

The sad truth is without Joe Burrow we see the true nature of the Bengals’ inept offense.  Joe made them better than they were but his mere presence has not translated into wins.  Mike Brown is wrong about his “franchise quarterback is all you need” philosophy and I submit 30 years of no playoff wins and many more losing seasons than winning seasons as proof.

Now at least we know what we need in the off-season:  One of everything!

Yep.

That guy is truly a special QB.

I'm sure it's because of Taylor of course !

Rolleyes Hilarious
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:14 PM)thillan Wrote: Essex has had bad takes since Burrow's injury, pretty confident they are trolling at this point.

It was way before the injury. Guy was bashing the kid for smoking a cigar after the NCG. It’s super weird.

Reply/Quote
I think hes a troll too at this point... definitely a hater though..
Reply/Quote
Someone in the game day thread said these posts were coming..Nailed it!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 01:08 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It was way before the injury. Guy was bashing the kid for smoking a cigar after the NCG. It’s super weird.

Seriously?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 06:59 AM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Seriously?

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-the-heck-is-Burrows-thinking

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-the-heck-is-Burrows-thinking

Damn.  I missed that.  It was a damn cigar!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Most unforgivable.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 07:03 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote:  Except we didn't produce touchdown or wins. yards yes. .. .and outside I'd Cleveland games, he was ineffective in scoring.   . We still only had 10 points into 3rd quarter last week.against a inferior defense than Giants

Well Bullock did leave 7 points off thr board, and I believe all before Burrow went out, so really not bad.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2020, 07:09 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-What-the-heck-is-Burrows-thinking

When I first read this, this is how I pictured him getting ready to take his agenda to the next level:

[Image: Clown-Applying-Makeup.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's amazing how good he made the offense look. Without him the offense was absolutely abysmal for the most part

How much *BETTER* he made the offense look.

It never looked good this season.

Bengals averaged 21.3 points per game in Burrow's 10 starts. That would put them at 26th in scoring.

Taylor needs to go, and some big improvements still need to happen on the offense regardless if Joe Burrow is in the game or not. In the 4 games they have played against above-average (16th or higher ranked) scoring defenses, the Bengals scored 10 or less points 3 times and averaged 12.25 points per game.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

Damn man....W in T literal F? That was insane. Glad I missed that one.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I miss him too. He was the only thing that made watching games fun for me.

I tried to watch the Giants last week and couldn't. Team isn't fun to watch now.

I was gonna risk getting COVID by going to the Miami game. Burrow getting injured axed those plans lol.
Reply/Quote
(11-29-2020, 06:49 PM)Trademark Wrote: It's amazing how good he made the offense look. Without him the offense was absolutely abysmal for the most part

He didn't make the offense look good per se, but his presence did make it much better.

Burrow took the offense from "complete ass" to "bottom-half but still ass". Impressive for a rookie with no offseason or preseason.
Reply/Quote