Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Nice little Kitna story about Chad
(12-02-2020, 01:31 PM)bengals67 Wrote: Chad is awesome.

If the Brown family was not so insular in their thinking, they would find a place for him in the organization.

Not defending the org. here at all, but Chad has numerous times, gone on-record to state that he wants nothing to do with any team or whatever, aside from being a cheerleader/fan.

He is super-content with his life and is set for life, so he wishes to just enjoy himself.

Good thread, nice to get some warm, fuzzy feelings about our team again Big Grin
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 03:48 PM)bfine32 Wrote: OK, we're still friends. 

He would have been a legend had he beat the Squeelers when Carson went down in the playoffs. Sad
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 04:38 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He would have been a legend had he beat the Squeelers when Carson went down in the playoffs. Sad

Indeed....and for a minute, I thought he just might. Then came the 2nd half.... :paul:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Reminds me of a Palmer story he once shared about Kitna and accuracy. Kit and Palm would play a game every TC as well as at every practice where they would increasingly throw the ball as hard as they could at each other's faces. The most accurate passes won and were tallied. Palmer said Kitna always won, and this was one of the endearing qualities that led to the "beef release" that ended in Carson's posture as well as trade.

I'll never apologies for Carson's unprofessionalism, in the same way I won't defend (to a certain degree) Dunlap's social media faux pas.

And yet in the end, we know who is to blame. It is certainly not the players.
Reply/Quote
(12-02-2020, 01:12 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Not sure if people caught this in the video, but Kitna said his daughter is on the equipment staff on Arizona St, where Chad Johnson Jr. plays.

Well, if you don't know, Marvin Lewis is the Co-Defensive coodinator at ASU.  So you have Kitna's daughter, Chad's son, and Marvin Lewis all at the same place, all walking around the same facilities.

Pretty interesting.  I just picture Marvin telling them stories about their dads and giggling throughout, almost like a loveable older character from a sitcom.

Scene:  (Walking both kids around campus)

"Let me tell me you about the time your daddy made a DB a list (giggle, giggle giggle) Everyone was cracking up.  And your daddy gave a prayer before a game  (gigggle, giggle, giggle) where he prayed at the very end that Chad got to cross another name off that list. (giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle, giggle,)

"Tell us more, Uncle Marv!!!"

God I feel old... that amazing 2005 season was 15 years ago. I turned 17 in October of that year. That was almost half my life ago now... unreal
Reply/Quote
Kitna was more than just a good back up.

Andy Dalton finished in the top ten in passing yards just once in his career (7th in 2013). Kitna did it 4 times with 3 different teams(9th in '99 when he led the Seahawks to the playoffs, 7th in '03 when he won NFL Comeback POY, 4th in '06 with the Lions, and 6th in '07)
Reply/Quote
Kitna is a great human being. Now I call him Jon the Evangelist, because he even converted his parents.
Reply/Quote