Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I miss Fredtoast's badgering style and may be partly to blame for his banning.
(08-10-2017, 04:03 PM)treee Wrote: Eh, a lot less threads get derailed with him gone, so I'm not complaining too much. Even though I agree with some of his points, I don't agree with his method of discourse. I'm indifferent regarding his return.

My thoughts exactly treee. Although, there were times when he was typing post after post and really getting into it where I wanted to say: (referencing Doc Holliday and Ike Clanton) with me being the former; I know , let's have a spelling contest!! I don't think any poster has the right to belittle another one, or to act as if they are the only one that knows everything. on an aside, a couple of mentions earlier has always made me wonder: do these guys even have jobs? If you spend the majority of your day on a message board typing literally thousands of posts you are either: retired, in school and use this in lieu of gaming, or drawing an injury check. My 2 cents.
Didn't always agree with Fred - or his delivery.   But I have always respected his intelligence, knowledge and skills.  Like some others that have been on both boards over the years he would do a LOT of research on different topics which I find very interesting.  And I agreed with a number of his more passionate positions (Justin Smith for example).

I don't have a problem with argumentativeness or condescension (to a degree).   I have a problem with mindless abuse.  I do not feel Fred is near that category.

I miss him and hope he's back soon.  :andy:
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(08-10-2017, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, I've seen....and had....plenty of good conversations on here where people disagree on a topic, sometimes vehemently.  The difference is, there is respect shown from both parties, and no one is called an idiot for their opinion.  The o line thread right now has some very good back and forth going on with very good points for all points of view.  Yet, no one is insulting anyone over it.  Personally, I enjoy the new direction without cherry picked quotes out of context and meaningless, manipulated stats.

Absolutely agree,

I don't miss Fred's tired old worn out game one bit.
(08-10-2017, 04:47 PM)Bengalsrob Wrote: My thoughts exactly treee. Although, there were times when he was typing post after post and really getting into it where I wanted to say: (referencing Doc Holliday and Ike Clanton) with me being the former; I know , let's have a spelling contest!! I don't think any poster has the right to belittle another one, or to act as if they are the only one that knows everything. on an aside, a couple of mentions earlier has always made me wonder: do these guys even have jobs? If you spend the majority of your day on a message board typing literally thousands of posts you are either: retired, in school and use this in lieu of gaming, or drawing an injury check. My 2 cents.

They have those Computerized Robocalls these days.

Maybe they have crossed over into Computerized Message Board Posting and Fred was one of them that simply had his Software programming written in an overly edgy way. Maybe even financed by the Bengals themselves since he took many Pro Marvin and Pac Man stances. The Bengals may have cut some corners on the Software programming to save a few bucks making it more combative which would be no fault of the Fred robo poster itself.

Just a crazy thought...   Tongue
I currently have plenty of life and family problems to contend with.
I come here to read other opinions and info on the NFL team we love.
Dissenting opinions give those with open minds a different perspective possibly, and are fine.
Insulting fellow fans is wrong, everyones' thoughts carry the same weight.
Enjoying the peace and quiet..
(08-10-2017, 05:44 PM)Sabretooth Wrote: I currently have plenty of life and family problems to contend with.
I come here to read other opinions and info on the NFL team we love.
Dissenting opinions give those with open minds a different perspective possibly, and are fine.
Insulting fellow fans is wrong, everyones' thoughts carry the same weight.
Enjoying the peace and quiet..

....and that's a fair point as well. I've noticed an uptick of posters that don't interact much historically posting more these days. That's a good side effect...if you will.

"Better send those refunds..."

I just put two and two together guys........

Fred is a lawyer.......Mike Brown is a lawyer......what if Fred is really Mike Brown???? 

Fred's been conveniently banned recently, Mike Brown's been busy with Training Camp and wouldn't have time to post. Both are polarizing figures within Bengal Board lore......Holy shit guys!
Ninja

Mindblown!

Laces out, Marino!     ThumbsUp
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(08-10-2017, 05:54 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I just put two and two together guys........

Fred is a lawyer.......Mike Brown is a lawyer......what if Fred is really Mike Brown???? 

Fred's been conveniently banned recently, Mike Brown's been busy with Training Camp and wouldn't have time to post.  Both are polarizing figures within Bengal Board lore......Holy shit guys!
Ninja

Mindblown!

Laces out, Marino!     ThumbsUp

I like the theory and it is amusing but if it was true, Fred would be appointing his kids and best friends to positions of moderators and recruitment. 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

I don't miss fred toast or toast jones. And I'll toast to that!

I miss every member that is no longer an active participant on this site. My thought has always been it takes two to tango. You don't like what someone said, either ignore it or reciprocate. It's your choice.

But who am I to give advice, just look at my status.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

No one is to blame for Fred's suspension/ban except Fred.
(08-10-2017, 11:39 AM)depthchart Wrote: Last thing I remember was Fredtoast, myself and maybe one or two others battling it out over Pac Man. Marvin Lewis commenting about TD celebrations being a bad influence on kids was also in the mix. The logic then went to how would Marvin feel if Pac Man TD celebrates in front of kids. It then went on another tangent from there. Fred was firing on all cylinders in defense of Pac man. The conversation got to a Peaking point where I knew I could honk Fred off some so I made a Post wondering exactly how he would Fire back.

I came back a while later to my computer to see what he may have said only to find that many of the Posts were taken down and Fred had been banned. Not sure if he had replied to me or someone else, or if maybe something had happened on a whole different thread leading to deleted Posts.

Anyway, I miss Fred's aggressive style and was wondering when he is due back.

He adds Spice to the Board and the seemingly confrontational back and forth Posts are all in good fun.

fredtoast still has a few months, before his suspension expires.  (I did not ban him, that was before I became a Mod)

(08-10-2017, 03:05 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It also begs the question can a banned person start a new account as I believe COC states only 1 active account.

Ever wonder why some "personalities" are only on here for a very short period of time??

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Speaking of Mods. What happened to wildcats forever? Haven't seen him post in quite awhile.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
There are several issues with this thread that require that we shut it down (naming another member in the title, questions regarding bannings, etc.).

For the record, our policy is that the staff does not discuss specific disciplinary actions except with the individual involved. Nor do we want to encourage speculation over the causes of disciplinary actions within threads.

That said, I will tell you this: 1) If a person is banned, it is solely because of their own actions; 2) They are almost always given an opportunity to correct those actions by not repeating them; 3) Long term discipline actions are discussed among all of the mods/admins before they occur and a consensus is reached.

I'll lock up this thread for the time being so that those interested have a chance to read this before we remove the thread.

Respect each other.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]