Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I miss Fredtoast's badgering style and may be partly to blame for his banning.
I predict that the MOds aren't going to like a thread based on a user here. 

So that's why i'm outta here!! 

[Image: giphy.gif]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-10-2017, 12:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm pushing 50 and grew up in a non Internet and no cell phone time period.

I hear the term Trolling and know what it means but to me a person can either defend any points they make or not. So bring on the so called Trolls.

Fred definitely stakes out an angle to come from and then pokes the Bear so to speak. To me he's not a Troll per se. He can go pretty Deep with his Logic even if I'm not buying his Logic. It may be like a Sport to him. I actually enjoy the verbal jousting myself.

By pushing people's buttons, any Poster opens themselves up to getting their button's pushed back because they have to stake out some territory on an issue. Getting banned likely means that someone else got to the banned Poster. Poked them in a way they over-reacted to.

I believe this is due to his nature of nitpicking details. That's what lawyers do.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

(08-10-2017, 02:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I predict that the MOds aren't going to like a thread based on a user here. 

Watch ol' bandit run

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(08-10-2017, 12:06 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I feel party to blame as well. I called him out on his BS countless times and he started to get really snippy and more arrogant than usual. But really, I don't feel bad about it. Nobody should. He did it to himself.

For the majority of his time here, Fred was just trolling and trying to stir up drama. There were some moments where Fred dropped the troll act and offered up some honest, well-thought out discussions (particularly last season where he finally started to admit he was getting tired of Marvin... But of course, that didn't last and he soon went back to smugly ridiculing anybody who dared question his beloved head coach Whatever  ).

It is what it is. I believe Fred will likely be back at some point. He got busted with his new, fake account and also had that one banned over a month ago. I don't know if his ban has been lengthened because if that  or what. I guess we'll see.

I was unaware that he got banned from a new account Hilarious I assumed he'd come back under a new account but figured his posts and personality are too obvious to be anyone else.

I don't feel guilty if anything I posted towards him contributed to him getting suspended or whatever because he took so many personal shots at me and continually posted false bullshit because he didn't fear any consequence and thought that he was better than everyone.

Even on the multiple times I called him out and posted proof that he was wrong, he'd post a link to the same thread in a later thread claiming that it proved he was right because he thought people were too stupid to check.

(08-10-2017, 12:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: Meh, I've seen....and had....plenty of good conversations on here where people disagree on a topic, sometimes vehemently.  The difference is, there is respect shown from both parties, and no one is called an idiot for their opinion.  The o line thread right now has some very good back and forth going on with very good points for all points of view.  Yet, no one is insulting anyone over it.  Personally, I enjoy the new direction without cherry picked quotes out of context and meaningless, manipulated stats.
Exactly.........  if you even disagreed with Fred, he'd claim that it was because you were ignorant and stupid.  
(08-10-2017, 12:35 PM)depthchart Wrote: I'm pushing 50 and grew up in a non Internet and no cell phone time period.

I hear the term Trolling and know what it means but to me a person can either defend any points they make or not. So bring on the so called Trolls.

Fred definitely stakes out an angle to come from and then pokes the Bear so to speak. To me he's not a Troll per se. He can go pretty Deep with his Logic even if I'm not buying his Logic. It may be like a Sport to him. I actually enjoy the verbal jousting myself.

By pushing people's buttons, any Poster opens themselves up to getting their button's pushed back because they have to stake out some territory on an issue. Getting banned likely means that someone else got to the banned Poster. Poked them in a way they over-reacted to.
I enjoy conversations and debates, but Fred would post false information and belittle anyone that disagreed with his point of view.
(08-10-2017, 01:07 PM)grampahol Wrote: Fred had an opinion (well several actually) and I see nothing wrong with having an opposing opinion. 
Heck, I have plenty of opinions that differ from the majority here.
What I try to avoid here is getting in pissing matches with people over opinions. You either like my opinion or you don't. It doesn't matter one tiny, eensy weensy bit to me and I'm not going to argue for 3 days over the merits of some silly argument over who is or isn't right. 
Go ahead..try to pick an argument with me..I'll disappear for a week or more till everyone forgets it even happened..
On the same hand I don't think anybody needs banned over this stuff (arguing about opinions) unless that's the only thing they want to do . Just make your point and move on. Jeeez. I quit engaging in prick waving contests in 5th grade.. 

Fred can't handle opinions that are different from his own and can't handle being wrong, which doesn't make for a good message board because there's no debate with him.
(08-10-2017, 02:15 PM)BenZoo2 Wrote: Do you have proof of this suckingor is that just an opinion?  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Okay I'm not sure a Marvin sucks thread would do it but certainly an Alexander sucks thread should!

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
(08-10-2017, 02:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was unaware that he got banned from a new account Hilarious I assumed he'd come back under a new account but figured his posts and personality are too obvious to be anyone else.

I don't feel guilty if anything I posted towards him contributed to him getting suspended or whatever because he took so many personal shots at me and continually posted false bullshit because he didn't fear any consequence and thought that he was better than everyone.

Even on the multiple times I called him out and posted proof that he was wrong, he'd post a link to the same thread in a later thread claiming that it proved he was right because he thought people were too stupid to check.

Exactly.........  if you even disagreed with Fred, he'd claim that it was because you were ignorant and stupid.  
I enjoy conversations and debates, but Fred would post false information and belittle anyone that disagreed with his point of view.

Fred can't handle opinions that are different from his own and can't handle being wrong, which doesn't make for a good message board because there's no debate with him.

And this is why Mods don't like...or want...threads about users here...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
(08-10-2017, 02:23 PM)jj22 Wrote: Okay I'm not sure a Marvin sucks thread would do it but certainly an Alexander sucks thread should!

How about a "Chuck Bresnahan sucks" thread? Back in the day that got a rise out of Fred unlike anything I've ever seen  Hilarious  I'm sure Fred would still come running to his defense if he ever sees a thread with Bresnahan's name in the title. 
(08-10-2017, 02:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I predict that the MOds aren't going to like a thread based on a user here. 

Sweet T/A man.....

"Better send those refunds..."

(08-10-2017, 02:21 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I was unaware that he got banned from a new account Hilarious I assumed he'd come back under a new account but figured his posts and personality are too obvious to be anyone else.

That's what I thought as well, for a very long time... 

But then I noticed Fred was starting to seriously contradict himself. I started paying close attention to whatever topic Fred would address and constantly he'd make a point that was completely against whatever point he was trying to make before that one (if that makes sense haha). I called him out on it several times and he'd either completely ignore my post or flag it and have it deleted. 

Fred was a great fan who did use the message boards to have some great conversations and often times made some great points. But most of the time, he was a stubborn contrarian. His main goal here was to get a rise out of people and intentionally start arguments. He didn't honestly believe most of what he was arguing for. He was simply stirring the pot. It was all a game to him. That's what I believe, anyway. 

It's hard for me to respect a man like that. But I do hope he comes back but with a newfound sense of integrity and drops the drama crap. When he wasn't starting arguments for the sake of starting arguments, he was a damn fine contributor to this board. 
(08-10-2017, 01:37 PM)depthchart Wrote: I see he lost his "Most Active Poster" title to GMDino. He's down 20 Posts now.

He probably liked having that Title and when he comes back he will likely go on a Posting Spree to try to get it back.

Trump being elected gave GMD cause to make about 100 posts a day on him alone.

100 is only a slight exaggeration since as a Steelers fan GMD isn't part of Jungle Noise, which is the most active part of the site, and is still the most active poster.

Ah, but is a banned person still a user here? Loophole!

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
I dont miss him. But I do miss the old days on the old board when him and Joe from Flo would get into it. Those were fun to read lol.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

(08-10-2017, 01:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: ......if it wasn't the same ol same ol over and over, I might agree.  I didn't let him get to me (on this board, but I did a couple times on the old one....lol), and I must admit I enjoyed gouging back to the point he was pissed, or just outright left the thread. (you could tell he was getting upset when the spelling and grammatical errors increased, lol)  That said, all of that is, at least, a violation of the CoC.  Is that what we want, or do we want productive discussion that doesn't lead to a shit ton of name calling?  Just my 2 cents......

I better get a point in before this thread gets locked.

I agree to a certain point.  But to the people that let him get to ya, why?  At the end of the day, this place is just a message board.  If we can't come here and have a little fun now and then, what good is it?  You gotta have the good with the bad, the ying to the yang. Don't get me wrong, I love this place.  A lot of you folks are like friends to me.  Wyche, your one of the good ones around here and I always look forward to your posts, Fred was another one I looked forward to reading. I don't know....Fred was the type of user where you either liked him or you didn't. there wasn't any middle ground.  there's a few other around here like that.  If you've spent any amount of time here, you probably know who they are. you either like them or you don't.  If I don't like some one here, I just choose to ignore them.  Others like Fred, I enjoyed reading.  I agreed with a lot of what he said.  His logic was.....logical. :)  
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

(08-10-2017, 02:48 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Ah, but is a banned person still a user here? Loophole!

It also begs the question can a banned person start a new account as I believe COC states only 1 active account.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

People can be praised or called out by name in multiple Posts within Threads, so I am not sure why it would matter if a Thread mentions a certain Poster in the Thread name.

I think Fred would get a Kick out of being a topic of conversation.

It is a form of Feedback and everyone is Fair game in my mind as long as it doesn't get too Brutal.

Someone could start a "Depthchart is pretty cool" Thread and I wouldn't mind a bit.

I may see more "Depthchart is a Hiney" Threads pop up though and maybe learn some lessons on how to gain a better reputation for myself from other Posters.

Comes with the territory in my mind.
(08-10-2017, 03:02 PM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: I better get a point in before this thread gets locked.

I agree to a certain point.  But to the people that let him get to ya, why?  At the end of the day, this place is just a message board.  If we can't come here and have a little fun now and then, what good is it?  You gotta have the good with the bad, the ying to the yang. Don't get me wrong, I love this place.  A lot of you folks are like friends to me.  Wyche, your one of the good ones around here and I always look forward to your posts, Fred was another one I looked forward to reading. I don't know....Fred was the type of user where you either liked him or you didn't. there wasn't any middle ground.  there's a few other around here like that.  If you've spent any amount of time here, you probably know who they are. you either like them or you don't.  If I don't like some one here, I just choose to ignore them.  Others like Fred, I enjoyed reading.  I agreed with a lot of what he said.  His logic was.....logical.  :)  

Good points man, and thanks for the compliment.  As you know, I really enjoy shootin the shit about music and such with you a great deal.  I also enjoy your thoughts on the team as well.  I can't say there is really anyone on here I don't like even though I may read their opinion as some alien concept from left field, fred included. I have had some good convo with him in several other forums on this board many times over.  The only thing that really irked me with him, were the personal insults.  Hey, we all tend to exaggerate, and even use extreme hyperbole/sarcasm to make points at times, and that's all well and good.  However, when you call someone essentially a dumbass for disagreeing, I tend to draw the line.  

fred never insulted me here, and I never really had a problem with him.....but he took shots at my family on the old board, and that wasn't cool.  Joking or not.

(08-10-2017, 03:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: People can be praised or called out by name in multiple Posts within Threads, so I am not sure why it would matter if a Thread mentions a certain Poster in the Thread name.

It is a form of Feedback and everyone is Fair game in my mind as long as it doesn't get too Brutal.

Someone could start a "Depthchart is pretty cool" Thread and I wouldn't mind a bit.

I may see more "Depthchart is a Hiney" Threads pop up though and maybe learn some lessons on how to gain a better reputation for myself from other Posters.

When you start a thread about a single poster it could go the wrong way.

or be taken the wrong way when you call someone out by name.

Also no one uses the word hiney.
(08-10-2017, 03:12 PM)depthchart Wrote: People can be praised or called out by name in multiple Posts within Threads, so I am not sure why it would matter if a Thread mentions a certain Poster in the Thread name.

I agree.  I'm not sure if you were around on the old board or not, but fred got pretty brutal over there, and I think that's why he had a shorter leash here.  The old board let him pretty much have free reign.....even when he was reported.  I'm purely speculating on those thoughts regarding the moderation here, but it's not real hard to connect the dots.  This board is the wild west compared to the old joint, so it's kind of surprising he got banned.  I don't know how it happened since I'm rarely on here on the weekends during the offseason, but man.....it had to be kind of bad, I would assume.  Or, it could have been a series of events that led up to it.

I don't think you'll see any threads about you being a hiney.....you've brought some thought provoking posts to the board, and have been respectful in getting your point across from what I've seen.  Thanks for your insight, and yes, friendly ribbing is expected and comes with the territory.  Being a combative prick and baiting posters is a violation of CoC.

Eh, a lot less threads get derailed with him gone, so I'm not complaining too much. Even though I agree with some of his points, I don't agree with his method of discourse. I'm indifferent regarding his return.
I miss herpes. Until they come back. Then I remember why I didn't like herpes before.

I kid. I kid.