Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must be alone in the universe with these people..
People who don't seem to be able to transition from one topic and back in a conversation..where the hell do these people come from? 
An example: Boy, I made the best orange juice and the breaks on the car need fixed and it was so delicious and the Reds beat the Dodgers then I spilled the rest..

They expect you to be able to follow the logic as if it just seamlessly comes together. I'm currently in the dog house (metaphorically) because my woman described 3 completely different people with 3 completely different subjects all in one go with absolutely zero transition from one to the next and back. I should have never asked for clarification. I really need to learn to just nod and say things like.. 'That's nice..awww..too bad..Oh yes .." and leave it at that.. Unfortunately I only work that way with drunks and loonys..  lol
She's neither a drunk nor loony.. Maybe I just hadn't had my morning coffee and cigarette yet.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
when my wife does that, I just nod and smile.  I never say a word back to her.   then three weeks later she'll be mad as hell at me for 'not listening' to her. she told me not to forget three weeks ago!  I just nod and smile back at her. 

its even better when I'm wearing sunglasses.  she can't even see my eyes then.  I don't even have to be looking at her when I nod and smile.  :)
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 10:47 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: when my wife does that, I just nod and smile.  I never say a word back to her.   then three weeks later she'll be mad as hell at me for 'not listening' to her. she told me not to forget three weeks ago!  I just nod and smile back at her. 

its even better when I'm wearing sunglasses.  she can't even see my eyes then.  I don't even have to be looking at her when I nod and smile.  :)

"just because I was listening doesn't mean you made any sense lol"
Reply/Quote
To be fair I spend most of my time out in the garage /shop making stuff and she has almost as much interest in the stuff I tell her about what I'm doing as I have in her "Facebook people" and phone calls..
I've learned to never ask her opinion about things I'm making for her..I just make them. Anymore I just make them too big to throw away or hide behind something else and I get in return a very pleasant , 'Oh, that's nice.'
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
On Wednesday my wife told me she let someone pull in front of her on New Haven along with other things she did like went to Kroger, Supreme Nut & Candy, you know just a jumbled mess of things.

Today, I was on the computer and out of the kitchen I hear her say "AND HE DIDN'T EVEN WAVE!".
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 10:58 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: On Wednesday my wife told me she let someone pull in front of her on New Haven along with other things she did like went to Kroger, Supreme Nut & Candy, you know just a jumbled mess of things.

Today, I was on the computer and out of the kitchen I hear her say "AND HE DIDN'T EVEN WAVE!".

In fairness, when you let someone in and they don't wave, that's about a bunch of bullshit.  Wave, dammit!  We're not animals.  
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I have a horrible memory on some things. I do listen, but when she asks about something or I forget and ask her a question about something she already informed me of, watch out! 4th of July. LOL, not really, but I get the same damn speech every singe time. "you never listen to me. You never pay attention to what I say."

Ugh!

Prediction: I will hear that same speech 3 times today. Usually 2 per day on workdays because we both have jobs. LOL...

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2017, 10:23 AM)grampahol Wrote: People who don't seem to be able to transition from one topic and back in a conversation..where the hell do these people come from? 
An example: Boy, I made the best orange juice and the breaks on the car need fixed and it was so delicious and the Reds beat the Dodgers then I spilled the rest..

They expect you to be able to follow the logic as if it just seamlessly comes together. I'm currently in the dog house (metaphorically) because my woman described 3 completely different people with 3 completely different subjects all in one go with absolutely zero transition from one to the next and back. I should have never asked for clarification. I really need to learn to just nod and say things like.. 'That's nice..awww..too bad..Oh yes .." and leave it at that.. Unfortunately I only work that way with drunks and loonys..  lol
She's neither a drunk nor loony.. Maybe I just hadn't had my morning coffee and cigarette yet.. 

Back in the day when the Reds were great, this is how a Sparky Anderson press conference sounded!
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2017, 10:08 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: In fairness, when you let someone in and they don't wave, that's about a bunch of bullshit.  Wave, dammit!  We're not animals.  

What about when they cut you off?  The "sorry" wave is good, but the "thanks" wave just pisses me off even more (it's worse than not waving at all!).   I feel like Larry David must have commented on this at some point.
--------------------------------------------------------

Reply/Quote