Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I need a pick me up
One of my best friends who moved away just 2 years ago stopped talking to me altogether. That's the worst thing about being an Adult is you lose your childhood friends or some of them. He moved to Marquette Michigan which is 3 Hours North. Since he moved we got together everytime he would come home and I went up there a few times and had some great times with him. Just over the last 6 months he wont answer any texts or phonecalls. He came home a few times and he never got a hold of me. I went up there to visit him the first time and told him and he texts me when I almost get all the way up there and says he has other plans. Well since I drove that far I just made the best of it and went to the beach by myself, Presque Isle, Suglarloaf Mountain and the breathtaking sights of Lake Superior.I never did anything to him ever. I had him over for football games all the time, did a lot for him. My question is you guys ever have any friends you lost over the years? It hurts but I am done with him. Time to move on.
Reply/Quote
My personal outlook is to never expect people to hang around for long. Makes it easier to deal with if they end up acting like your friend did.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. People change, priorities change. Life has a way of throwing curveballs.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-29-2018, 11:39 PM)packerbacker Wrote: One of my best friends who moved away just 2 years ago stopped talking to me altogether. That's the worst thing about being an Adult is you lose your childhood friends or some of them. He moved to Marquette Michigan which is 3 Hours North. Since he moved we got together everytime he would come home and I went up there a few times and had some great times with him. Just over the last 6 months he wont answer any texts or phonecalls. He came home a few times and he never got a hold of me. I went up there to visit him the first time and told him and he texts me when I almost get all the way up there and says he has other plans.  Well since I drove that far I just made the best of it and went to the beach by myself, Presque Isle, Suglarloaf Mountain and the breathtaking sights of Lake Superior.I never did anything to him ever. I had him over for football games all the time, did a lot for him. My question is you guys ever have any friends you lost over the years? It hurts but I am done with him. Time to move on.

He's probably embarrassed from that night you two got stupid drunk and decided to "experiment".
Reply/Quote
Facepalm
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear about your friend ditching you.  However, I think that is just a part of life as we grow older.  I've had close friends for years that I no longer stay in touch with.  As we get older things change in life, people move for work or other reasons, form friendships with those where they now live, get married and have kids thus limiting how much time they have for their old buddies and all sorts of other reasons.  I'm guilty of it myself.  In fact my best friend from high school looked me up several months ago and emailed me. We were inseparable back then and our friendship was great. However our lives are much different now, we moved in different directions and just don't have much in common anymore. While it was nice to hear from him I don't imagine we will get together anytime or once again be the friends we were so many years ago.

The one constant I have had as far as friends is those I served with in the military.  There is something about being thousands of miles from home and family in rather stressful situations that forms an unbreakable bond with those you were there with.  Of course not everyone I served with, but I have a handful of friends I served with that I consider as much my family as my immediate family members.  I have not seen some of them in years as we are spread out across the country now, but I can call them anytime to shoot the shit,vent or whatever.  I know if I called on them in a time of need they would respond no questions asked and I would do the same for them.

Again sorry you lost a good friend.  It does suck when that happens. However, from viewing your posts here you seem like a pretty nice person, at least as far as I can tell from reading posts.  So I'm certain you will make more friends that you can enjoy spending time with.  Other than that, maybe get a dog if you don't have one.  My dog has been such a great friend and I know he won't ditch me for some lame reason. Don't get one of those small yapping dogs though.  Get a medium sized dog or a big one.  From my experience they make better companions.

Since you asked for a pick me up, here are some pictures of funny animals.  Funny animal pictures seem to put a smile on my face.

Rabbit with pancake on head, a classic:
[Image: ElChDlq.jpg]

A dog playing guitar:
[Image: WTxOF72.png]

And a turtle with an upgraded combat ready shell:
[Image: v86P61B.jpg]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
Meh, I wouldn't let it get you down, PB. Chances are that his life has just changed a bit, and he's living it. If you just continue to be you, y'all will likely meet up again, at some point, and it will be like no time has ever passed. I'm going on 50, and have friends that I haven't hung out with in decades, but whenever I meet up with one, it's always like we were young and never missed a beat.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Friends and people come and go quickly sometimes in the adult world.

Trudge forward and do our best is all we can do.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
We all lose touch of friends, but that seems a little extreme. I mean not answering your texts or letting you know when he’s in town. Seems odd like there is more to it.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I suggest hookers and cocaine.

No one worries about losing touch with a friend when they have hookers and cocaine.
Reply/Quote
Heard former Louisville Cardinal Jaire Alexander has picked off Aaron Rodgers several times already in practice.

Sounds like you guys got a good one.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-01-2018, 10:37 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I suggest hookers and cocaine.

No one worries about losing touch with a friend when they have hookers and cocaine.

Bubbles wrote a song about Liquor and Whores.  They usually work well for me.   
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
Red Bull... it will give you wings
Reply/Quote
Go buy a good quality single malt Scotch whisky (Ainsley Brae) and take your time drinking the entire bottle for a night . You'll forever stop drinking with those dumbasses who drink garbage alcohol and claim to know all there is to know about good booze.. :)
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote

“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote