Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
"I need to be here too"
(01-19-2023, 04:21 PM)Garrus Wrote: Honestly, if Burrow is elite like we all think he is, then Chase should be the only WR we give a big extension to. The rest should be able to be draft picks and JAGs. All QBs need help, but elite QBs don't need a stacked WR core, just a good one. I would rather money be poured into the defense as that is what wins games in the post season (see last Sunday and last season).

Agreed, the Bengals drafted both Tee and Chase.... Keep Chase and draft WRs (proven track record). Keep O line at least mediocre, preferably good and keep an at least mediocre defense, keep the core.
Draft RB too and let Mixon walk. 

Elite QB and good OL makes offense very good, even with mediocre players elsewhere. 
Keep a good defense and you win so many games.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 12:41 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I think your 1st statement is misleading. Chase has one year prior to being eligible for an extension, but can be under contract for 3 more years.

I also don't see Higgins get 25 million a year, maybe I am wrong. Davonte Adams who is far superior to Higgins just got an average of 28 million a year. There is no comparison in results, Adams is simply a lot better.

The Bengals have 48 million in cap space without any cuts in 2023. The have over 100 million in 2024. The cap will continue to go up 15 to 20 million a year. If Europe develops, the cap will go crazy.

The Bengals will have tough decisions, but realize, Burrow will get an extension so his cap hit in 2023 will be very reasonable, so will 2024. The Bengals are in a great place compared to others, just take a deep look and you will see teams in really bad cap situations. The Ravens for one do not have the. money to franchise tag Jackson without cuts being made in 2023.

I am under no illusion the Bengals will get huge discounts, so the key moving forward is for FO to work on keeping as many pieces together as possible while using the draft and low levels of FA to continue with a great roster.

More on the mark than TheLeonardLeap
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 09:31 PM)Soonerpeace Wrote: More on the mark than TheLeonardLeap

I think TLL is trying to prepare us for some disappointment. In the end I have to agree with Luvnit.

We can find a way to make it work with these players that we need.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 11:15 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think TLL is trying to prepare us for some disappointment. In the end I have to agree with Luvnit.

We can find a way to make it work with these players that we need.

TLL living in the Bengals 1995 - 2018. The Mike Brown Era over. The Blackburns are running things now.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
Everyone just saw one of their fellow players nearly die on the field after what looked like a normal everyday play. They are all going to want their bag. Guaranteed money is going to be a big problem for the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 01:03 AM)SouthernFan Wrote: Everyone just saw one of their fellow players nearly die on the field after what looked like a normal everyday play. They are all going to want their bag. Guaranteed money is going to be a big problem for the Bengals.

Bottom line, I don't expect anyone to sign here for peanuts, but I can see them taking a little bit less to keep the gang together. Face it, the players we are talking about are not fringe players or players making 4 or 5 million a year, these guys will all earn big money contracts. At some point, money becomes only a number.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2023, 10:11 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Article on the home page https://www.bengals.com/news/ja-marr-chase-hoping-to-make-bengals-perennial-deep-postseason-runners they asked Chase about Burrow saying he wants to be here his whole career and wants Zac to be here as well, and Chase responded "Hell yeah, I need to be here too" and went on to say win as many AFCC and Super Bowls as possible. Hopefully Tee feels the same way and they don't get money hungry and leave for not so greener pastures.

Teeggins deserves the big bucks. worth paying the man. I would keep him.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2023, 09:26 AM)Sled21 Wrote: At some point, money becomes only a number.

Maybe...I can see that, but I've never been in a situation where I've had the chance to say "Nah, I don't need an extra 100 million bucks" either.  For all we know Burrow may want to take the NFL to the cleaners so he can have just that much more money to give to charity.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote