Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
I refuse to engage in that Raider *****/whine-fest
When they go back and award us the 2015 Wild Card win because Gio got speared in the face and Joey Porter was on the field, then I'll worry about the whistle play. No defender was in position to make a play on that ball anyway. It was a "dot," as Uzomah says.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:21 PM)Roland Wrote: When they go back and award us the 2015 Wild Card win because Gio got speared in the face and Joey Porter was on the field, then I'll worry about the whistle play.  No defender was in position to make a play on that ball anyway.   It was a "dot," as Uzomah says.

And that bullshit tumbling TD "catch" that wasn't a catch. 

Sorry about the whistle. Not sorry.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 01:49 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Rulebook needs changes and the refs should be full time, NFL makes way too much not to

I'm not sure the refs would have enough to do to justify a full work week.
They'd have to do 4 days worth of review and training every single week for the whole season to justify that.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:58 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not sure the refs would have enough to do to justify a full work week.
They'd have to do 4 days worth of review and training every single week for the whole season to justify that.

If they are full time that can be justified.  And who said full time needed to be 40 hours?  What they need to be is dedicated to this job full time with no side gigs.  They should be going through mandatory simulation via VR every week, to work on difficult parts of their particular job description.  They should get quizzes on the rule book.  Mandatory hours of prep per week for a game.  There are all kinds of things they can do to do a better job and enhance their skills.
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 03:21 PM)Roland Wrote: When they go back and award us the 2015 Wild Card win because Gio got speared in the face and Joey Porter was on the field, then I'll worry about the whistle play.  No defender was in position to make a play on that ball anyway.   It was a "dot," as Uzomah says.

That game was a travesty.  I knew , after that, the the league has it's favorites and the refs pay homage. 
Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 04:02 PM)Stewy Wrote: If they are full time that can be justified.  And who said full time needed to be 40 hours?  What they need to be is dedicated to this job full time with no side gigs.  They should be going through mandatory simulation via VR every week, to work on difficult parts of their particular job description.  They should get quizzes on the rule book.  Mandatory hours of prep per week for a game.  There are all kinds of things they can do to do a better job and enhance their skills.

It doesn't have to be, but most employers consider around 40 hours a week to be "full time."
Why does a person have to be dedicated 100% to a single job with no side gigs?
Isn't the big thing nowadays to have a "side hustle" to make more money?
(FWIW, I do not. I like my downtime outside of my single job lol)

While it's known that many have other jobs during the offseason and even some in parallel with the season, it's not necessarily because they have to.
Per ProFootballNetwork, an average NFL referee makes approximately $205,000 a year, as of 2019 at least.
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/how-much-do-nfl-referees-make/

On a "salary" like that, one does not NEED to have a side gig. Most choose to do so because they have other interests and/or don't have enough to do as a ref. NFL refs also get a pension.

As for what they actually do outside of games, they do constantly review the rules and also review previous week's game to assess.
Ed Hochuli was interviewed by John Clayton saying that he spends about 15 hours a week reviewing tape. He also said that each official has to take a written test every week during the season and every month in the offseason.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-17-2022, 12:58 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Plus even if they said whistle mattered, it would still be 3rd down and 4 yds to go from 11 yd line.

No telling what would have happened, could have easily thrown another TD or a 4 yd first down.

But will say that the refs sucked all game both ways and feel their fans pain,

Just don't sympathize for them in the least bit.

Yes the assumption there would be a FG is ludicrous.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
This is like a missing piece in a puzzle. There are so many other pieces in the game that one piece should not make a major difference. Yes the missing piece is irritating because you can't finish the puzzle. However, the remaining pieces still make sense.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote