Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I saw improvements against Green Bay.
The offense did score touchdowns finally. They were lining up faster. Going faster. They were running smarter plays quicker and faster. They had an offense. The new OC in just one week had them going faster. I liked the improvement. Of course my fear was Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay and so it came to be. He beats every NFL defense, he is the best. If we play like that, we will beat Cleveland and get our first win. Maybe if we can get to 1-3, we can get to 2-3 and maybe 3-3 and get a fresh start on this thing. I liked seeing plays out of top draft picks Dennard, WJ3, and second round Mixon. That is what I was complaining about the other day and the little help we are getting from top picks. There is no good loss or bad win, but I did see improvement yesterday and it took the best QB in the NFL to beat us in overtime.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
I didn't see the game, but I did see an offense put up 17 points, 3 in the entire 2nd half, against an apparently depleted defense. (Basing that on the pre-game questionable and doubtful list) Maybe a lot of those guys were backups, I don't know, but while 17 is better than 9 or 0, I'm going to reserve judgment.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:09 PM)kevin Wrote: The offense did score touchdowns finally.  They were lining up faster. Going faster. They were running smarter plays quicker and faster. They had an offense. The new OC in just one week had them going faster.  I liked the improvement.  Of course my fear was Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay and so it came to be. He beats every NFL defense, he is the best.  If we play like that, we will beat Cleveland and get our first win. Maybe if we can get to 1-3, we can get to 2-3 and maybe 3-3 and get a fresh start on this thing. I liked seeing plays out of top draft picks Dennard, WJ3, and second round Mixon. That is what I was complaining about the other day and the little help we are getting from top picks. There is no good loss or bad win, but I did see improvement yesterday and it took the best QB in the NFL to beat us in overtime.

Kevin...like Tony Romo said...with a new OC you get a 1-2 week bounce as the other team can't study tape to gameplan against you.

After seeing our offense for a half...they shut us down.

The Packers were extremely depleted. Their best DT out. Best pass rushing LB. 2 Tackles.

It wasn't like we beat a Super Bowl caliber Packers team. We lost to a depleted Packers Team in meltdown fashion.
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:18 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Kevin...like Tony Romo said...with a new OC you get a 1-2 week bounce as the other team can't study tape to gameplan against you.

After seeing our offense for a half...they shut us down.

The Packers were extremely depleted. Their best DT out. Best pass rushing LB. 2 Tackles.

It wasn't like we beat a Super Bowl caliber Packers team. We lost to a depleted Packers Team in meltdown fashion.

Point taken. However, they did create a glimmer of hope for the fanbase. It's highly unlikely we do great things this year. But in the first 2 games, we looked worse than the Browns last year. I can stomach a good hard fought loss but I can't stomach what we saw in the first 2.

Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I didn't see the game, but I did see an offense put up 17 points, 3 in the entire 2nd half, against an apparently depleted defense.  (Basing that on the pre-game questionable and doubtful list)  Maybe a lot of those guys were backups, I don't know, but while 17 is better than 9 or 0, I'm going to reserve judgment.

If you had seen the game, you would have seen the offense lining up faster, sometimes in Sam Wyche Hurry Up mode.  Smarter plays. Better use of Mixon and other players.   Considering he has only been OC one week, I thought Lazor had the offense looking better.  We would have beat about any QB other than Aaron Rodgers yesterday.  Had you seen the game, you would have seen quicker, faster, smarter plays than the first 2 games that you won't see just reading the stats. The stats also won't show the loud Packers fans as Aaron Rodgers put on his Superman suit and took over the game as he does against every other NFL team and why he will be a first ballot Hall Of Fame Legend. That was the most I yelled at the TV and rooted for The Bengals this season. It took Aaron Rodgers in Green Bay in overtime to beat us, but it was the most excited I've been watching Bengals this season.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-25-2017, 02:23 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Point taken. However, they did create a glimmer of hope for the fanbase. It's highly unlikely we do great things this year. But in the first 2 games, we looked worse than the Browns last year. I can stomach a good hard fought loss but I can't stomach what we saw in the first 2.

Agree. We showed some semblance of offense.

But it wasn't like we were going to go an entire season without scoring a TD too.

It's a bottom line business...you win or lose. You don't get half a win for losing a close game.
Reply/Quote
The only improvements were seen doing the first half. After halftime, everything fell apart as they resorted to being the Bungles again. All in all though, scoring 3 tds is better than no tds like the first two games. yay
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote