Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see Massacre in Indianapolis
for the Colts.

I believe that based on what our team has shown thus far in preseason that week 1 is going to go swimmingly.

1. Our biggest weakness seems to be Run D, and Mack (their top rusher) is questionable for return week 1.
2. Colts biggest weakness the past few years has been their O line (there is a reason Andrew Luck missed the last 18 games or whatever it is). With how our D-line has been surging, I think it's going to be a long day for Luck (welcome back bud!).
3. Colts simply don't have the secondary to line up. Somebody is going to be open, every, single, play.

I should temper my expectations a bit, as I think the Bills are going to be a bad team this year, and thus gave us a little better showing than maybe we truly are. However, the Colts may be WORSE than the Bills are.

Is there anything I'm overlooking here? Anything I should be nervous about? Does T.Y. Hilton even still play in this league?

I'm looking for a big victory, something like 38-17. Don't let me down Bengals!
Reply/Quote
Ehhh.. in the preseason game I don't have great expectations, but game 1 of the regular season may be quite different. I'd love to see Luck look like the never has been he's always been and our #1s just obliviate them from the first play to the last . 63-3.. Of course that's never gonna happen under Marv, but it would be kind of sweet . 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Drafted Luck earlier and Dalton last in my fantasy football draft yesterday.

But will be starting Dalton in this first match up.

Like the Bengals chances as well.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
If so...I'll be there 5 rows behind Bengals bench. I'll fill everyone in if I see/hear anything of consequence. Me and my wife and kids will be the only people in orange in the sea of blue. Who Dey.
Reply/Quote
Hell, Luck is already injured again...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/08/27/andrew-luck-has-a-minor-foot-injury/
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 07:54 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: for the Colts.

I believe that based on what our team has shown thus far in preseason that week 1 is going to go swimmingly.

1. Our biggest weakness seems to be Run D, and Mack (their top rusher) is questionable for return week 1.
2. Colts biggest weakness the past few years has been their O line (there is a reason Andrew Luck missed the last 18 games or whatever it is). With how our D-line has been surging, I think it's going to be a long day for Luck (welcome back bud!).
3. Colts simply don't have the secondary to line up. Somebody is going to be open, every, single, play.

I should temper my expectations a bit, as I think the Bills are going to be a bad team this year, and thus gave us a little better showing than maybe we truly are. However, the Colts may be WORSE than the Bills are.

Is there anything I'm overlooking here? Anything I should be nervous about? Does T.Y. Hilton even still play in this league?

Really?  Bills have a well respected defense, and our starters were up 20-0.  Could have been ugly, if it weren't for a couple of dropped passes..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
We will see but i would not be very confident against this front if i was Andrew Luck....
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:47 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Really?  Bills have a well respected defense, and our starters were up 20-0.  Could have been ugly, if it weren't for a couple of dropped passes..

Agree, Bills defense in their strength. But their OL is horrible, maybe worst than our last year so I loved our domination by our DL, but I want to see it in a regular season game before I get too hyped.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 10:25 PM)Gamma Ray Tan Wrote: If so...I'll be there 5 rows behind Bengals bench. I'll fill everyone in if I see/hear anything of consequence. Me and my wife and kids will be the only people in orange in the sea of blue. Who Dey.

Not true, thousands will be coming up for the 2018-19 kick off, Bengals will be well represented in the Hoosier State 
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote

Our biggest weakness is run O... As in they can't run the ball worth a shit.. For like 3 seasons it seems.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I can see the Bengals dominating. But the game is at Indy and as Tyson once said "Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth".

As long as they can avoid that punch and not make many mistakes, Bengals should win.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Our key starters will play very little, if at all.

Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 03:15 AM)BengalChris Wrote: Our key starters will play very little, if at all.

I'm not sure, but I think the OP is referring to the season opener.  
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Thumbs Up 
(08-27-2018, 11:57 PM)corpjet Wrote: Not true, thousands will be coming up for the 2018-19 kick off, Bengals will be well represented in the Hoosier State 

Hope so. Lived in SE Indiana pretty much my whole life, but been a Bengals fan since birth. Never been to Lucas Oil before so Bengals at Indy week 1 was a great opportunity to check it out. As us Indy Bengals fans like to say..... HOOsier DEY!
Reply/Quote

Didn't know that about Mack...he is a really good back.  Don't forget that the Colts used their first two picks on their offensive line (including Quinton Nelson, a beast) and they have Malik Hooker back healthy as a ball-hawking safety.  I am still somewhat surprised that Vegas has them as 3.5 point favorites, even at home, as Luck has looked VERY rusty.  

Regardless, they will undoubtedly come out running the ball and then try to get Luck some easy play-action.  We need to stuff the run early, and score early to make them one-dimensional and unleash our pass rush.  
Reply/Quote
(08-27-2018, 11:25 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Agree, Bills defense in their strength. But their OL is horrible, maybe worst than our last year so I loved our domination by our DL, but I want to see it in a regular season game before I get too hyped.

True about their Oline.  I have no idea how Nelson and Smith, the two rookies, are looking on Indy's line, but the defense will have to be able to stuff their rushing attack and our offense has to get some points early.  It would be nice to turn the tables on Indy after all those years where they had Manning, got a lead, and on that fast turf, released Freeney and (I forget the other guys name...Thomas?) and pass-rushed the hell out of people. 
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 08:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Didn't know that about Mack...he is a really good back.  Don't forget that the Colts used their first two picks on their offensive line (including Quinton Nelson, a beast) and they have Malik Hooker back healthy as a ball-hawking safety.  I am still somewhat surprised that Vegas has them as 3.5 point favorites, even at home, as Luck has looked VERY rusty.  

Regardless, they will undoubtedly come out running the ball and then try to get Luck some easy play-action.  We need to stuff the run early, and score early to make them one-dimensional and unleash our pass rush.  

Mack is good, which is why I took notice when I heard he may not be there for week 1. (Oh, and YES, I'm speaking of week 1 of the regular season in this thread, not preseason week 4, for any of the posters that were confused on which i was talking about)

Here is the article on Mack possibly missing time. It also mentions that Turbin will be out due to suspension. That leaves them with Christine Micheal and a few rookies. Not the most intimidating backfield, but we have made worse look good before!

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/8/23/17775264/colts-injury-update-marlon-mack-may-not-be-good-to-go-by-week-one
Reply/Quote

Hold on. I just was on a post Elephant In Room about how our running game stinks, and I said it's not true and O Line looked good against Bills and Bears, just not Cowboys.  Now I say to your post that we better not take Colts for granted. If they have Andrew Luck back, we all know the Colts are better with him.  Luck is better than any quarterback we played in preseason. When a good NFL quarterback is on his game, they are hard to beat. If Luck comes out hitting everybody with a hot hand, we are in for a long game.  With Luck back, the Colts may just be thinking of winning AFC South. I'm sure they are.  So I hope Bengals win, but there are no easy road games in NFL, especially home openers.  Of course I'm hoping Bengals win. You say 38-17.  This isn't college. I'll take an NFL win by 1 point every week of season. I like you being very positive.  I would love 38-17.  I'll take any kind of win and Bengals at 1-0 and come home and get ready for rematch with Ravens who we beat last game of season on a last seconds comeback Dalton to Boyd TD Bomb.  Starting with Luck and then Ravens D may be harder than fans think, but I'm hoping for 2-0 start. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(08-28-2018, 08:51 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: True about their Oline.  I have no idea how Nelson and Smith, the two rookies, are looking on Indy's line, but the defense will have to be able to stuff their rushing attack and our offense has to get some points early.  It would be nice to turn the tables on Indy after all those years where they had Manning, got a lead, and on that fast turf, released Freeney and (I forget the other guys name...Thomas?) and pass-rushed the hell out of people. 

That was Robert Mathis on the other side of Freeney. Very good pass rusher.

Think we will be the ones pass rushing the hell out of the Colts this time.

Nelson was really good in college but he is still a rookie going against Geno and now Billings emerging?

I can completely understand the OP's thoughts here. Just have to stop the run and with Mack out it is possible.
Reply/Quote
I could see Dalton easily going for over 300+. I'll be interested to see what happens. I'm surprised the spread is only 3.5

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote