Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled
(02-19-2019, 10:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The real problem is the Bengals love to  horde these picks and then let them go when their cheap contracts(i.e, Jones, Burkhead, Iloka etc) run out and replace them with other players on the cheap. The Bengals way hasn't gotten us anywhere its about time they started to copycat some of the more successful franchises.

Uh, if no other team lets their good players become free agents then where do all good the free agents come from?
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 03:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, if no other team lets their good players become free agents then where do all good the free agents come from?

Yeah Fred everyone but you thinks we need to improve our way of doing things.  You will still be talking the same crap after another 26 years of futility by the Bengals FO.
Reply/Quote
(02-19-2019, 10:27 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: The real problem is the Bengals love to  horde these picks and then let them go when their cheap contracts(i.e, Jones, Burkhead, Iloka etc) run out and replace them with other players on the cheap. The Bengals way hasn't gotten us anywhere its about time they started to copycat some of the more successful franchises.

Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.  Jones wasn't drafted by the Bengals, he was only cheap because he was a hardship case.  Heck, he was a glorified 1st rounder, to begin his career.  Even as he aged, he still turned in what should be considered spectacular play for his paygrade.  Burfict was also a 1st round talent that fell to the ranks of UDFA, due to his problems.  Mike Zimmer seemed to be successful at keeping 'Taz reeled in, and focused on what was important.  Once Zimmer left, Burfict's troubles really began.  As for Burkhead?  Yeah, I really liked him and his effort.  But, would you really have gotten rid of Gio Bernard, just to elevate a lesser player to 1st backup at RB??
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 10:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.  Jones wasn't drafted by the Bengals, he was only cheap because he was a hardship case.  Heck, he was a glorified 1st rounder, to begin his career.  Even as he aged, he still turned in what should be considered spectacular play for his paygrade.  Burfict was also a 1st round talent that fell to the ranks of UDFA, due to his problems.  Mike Zimmer seemed to be successful at keeping 'Taz reeled in, and focused on what was important.  Once Zimmer left, Burfict's troubles really began.  As for Burkhead?  Yeah, I really liked him and his effort.  But, would you really have gotten rid of Gio Bernard, just to elevate a lesser player to 1st backup at RB??

No.  The obvious answer would have been to get rid of Hill and his dreams of being Leveon Bell.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Mock drafts right now are BS. Bengals have not done their evaluation to rank players on their master draft board. They will take the best player left on their draft board (outside of QB)
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 10:15 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Yeah Fred everyone but you thinks we need to improve our way of doing things.  You will still be talking the same crap after another 26 years of futility by the Bengals FO.

I have consistently criticized our front office.  So you have no clue what you are talking about.  And that also explains why you could not answer the question I asked.

You claimed that the Bengals need to re-sign all of their potential free agents because that is what all other successful teams do.  So I simply asked where all the good free agents come from if every other team re-signs all their own players.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:25 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I have consistently criticized our front office.  So you have no clue what you are talking about.  And that also explains why you could not answer the question I asked.

You claimed that the Bengals need to re-sign all of their potential free agents because that is what all other successful teams do.  So I simply asked where all the good free agents come from if every other team re-signs all their own players.
Everyone knows your M.O. is to back bite anyone who criticizes the Bengal Way. Anyone who gives their opinion on any subject knows you will try to project your superior intellect. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 10:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hmm, I'm not so sure about that.  Jones wasn't drafted by the Bengals, he was only cheap because he was a hardship case.  Heck, he was a glorified 1st rounder, to begin his career.  Even as he aged, he still turned in what should be considered spectacular play for his paygrade.  Burfict was also a 1st round talent that fell to the ranks of UDFA, due to his problems.  Mike Zimmer seemed to be successful at keeping 'Taz reeled in, and focused on what was important.  Once Zimmer left, Burfict's troubles really began.  As for Burkhead?  Yeah, I really liked him and his effort.  But, would you really have gotten rid of Gio Bernard, just to elevate a lesser player to 1st backup at RB??

I think Catman meant Marvin Lewis Jones not Adam Jones Sunset but i could be wrong.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 01:26 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I think Catman meant Marvin Lewis Jones not Adam Jones Sunset but i could be wrong.

Yeah, I think that I misread his post..
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote