Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tem Lukabu-LB Coach
https://hailstate.com/coaches.aspx?rc=1941&path=football

Tem Lukabu enters his first season as Mississippi State’s linebackers coach and brings an impressive resume to Starkville, one that includes four years as a defensive assistant in the NFL. Lukabu also owns five years of linebacker coaching experience at the collegiate level, which includes stops at Florida International, Rutgers, Colgate and Rhode Island.

Lukabu spent the 2016 and 2017 seasons as the defensive quality control coach with the San Francisco 49ers. In 2017, Lukabu assisted defensive backs coach Jeff Hafley, who guided a 49ers secondary that saw included standouts Eric Reid and Jimmie Ward. The 2016 season saw Lukabu work closely with the linebackers.

In 2015, Lukabu served as the defensive line coach at Florida International, where he helped seniors Michael Wakefield and Denzell Perine. Wakefield earned first-team All-Conference USA honors with 7.5 sacks and 14 tackles for loss. In 2014, he served as the outside linebackers coach at his alma mater, Colgate.

Prior to his time at Colgate, Lukabu spent two seasons (2012-13) as a defensive assistant for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. In 2013, linebacker LaVonte David registered career highs in sacks (seven) and interceptions (three) en route to earning First-Team All-Pro honors. In 2012, Lukabu assisted the Buccaneers defense, which ranked first in the NFL against the run after finishing the 2011 season last in that category. During his time in Tampa Bay, he worked with defensive tackle Gerald McCoy, who was named to the first two Pro Bowls of his career and first-team All-Pro honors in both 2012 and 2013.

Lukabu joined Tampa Bay following two seasons (2010-11) at Rutgers, where he coached outside linebackers under Greg Schiano. In 2011, Lukabu coached Khaseem Greene, who led the team with 144 tackles and earned conference Co-Defensive Player of the Year honors, the first player in Rutgers history to do so.

Before working with the Scarlet Knights, Lukabu spent two seasons (2008-09) as linebackers coach at the Rhode Island, mentoring Matt Hansen, a second-team All-Colonial Athletic Association and All-New England Sports Writer honoree, and Rob Damon, a third-team FCS All-American and third-team All-CAA recipient.

Lukabu began his coaching career working in player development at Rutgers (2006-08), where he was responsible for the academic growth and development of football players, monitoring the academic performance of specific players with special needs and assisting in the execution of plans and academic goals set for the team.

A former linebacker, Lukabu was a four-year letterman and a three-year starter at Colgate (2000-03). The Raiders won back-to-back Patriot League titles as Lukabu was named the conference’s Defensive Player of the Year in both 2002 and 2003, becoming the first player to claim that honor twice. He was a first-team All-Patriot League selection both seasons and was named a third-team Associated Press All-American. He was a finalist for the Buck Buchanan Award, given to the national defensive player of the year.

Born in Kinshasa, the capital and largest city in the Democratic Republic of the Congo in central Africa, Lukabu earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in history with a minor in political science from Colgate in 2004.

He is married to the former Kate Barrett, who was team captain for Colgate women’s soccer, a two-time All-Patriot League performer and the Patriot League’s 2003 Offensive Player of the Year. The couple has three children: two daughters, Zaida and Kamryn, and one son, Pax.

The Tem Lukabu File
Hometown: Kinshasa, Congo
Education: Colgate, 2004 (Bachelor of Arts)
Wife: Kate
Children: Zaida, Kamryn, Pax
Birthday: August 6, 1981

Coaching Career
2018-present: Mississippi State (Linebackers)
2016-17: San Francisco 49ers (Defensive Quality Control)
2015: Florida International (Defensive Line)
2014: Colgate (Outside Linebackers)
2012-13: Tampa Bay Buccaneers (Defensive Assistant)
2010-11: Rutgers (Outside Linebackers)
2008-09: Rhode Island (Outside Linebackers)

Bowl/Playoff Games as a Coach
2011: New Era Pinstripe Bowl (Rutgers)

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Even if we add a stud like White, this new coach probably has the hardest job. Good luck.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Dude seems solid.

From the interview:

"the majority of my career has been in a four down system but once again I'm telling you I'm really blessed like I I did I have experience in three for spacing three for personnel but one of the strengths that we have here in my opinion is that we could be multiple won't be able to do whatever we think our strengths is or what we think will give other people's a hard time"
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
I’ve noticed a common thread among the new Cincinnati coaching staff: Hyper-intelligent with strong communication skills.
Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve noticed a common thread among the new Cincinnati coaching staff:  Hyper-intelligent with strong communication skills.

Seems like the pattern.  Also, seems like Taylor is going off the beaten path on doing things.  The hiring of sweet Lou is going to be Key IMO.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(02-27-2019, 01:09 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’ve noticed a common thread among the new Cincinnati coaching staff:  Hyper-intelligent with strong communication skills.

And absolute football addicts.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Awesome, this is the hire that was really important being as our Linebackers besides Burfict have been bad since Haslett got here. Lukabu sounds like another up and coming coach. I like what Zac has been doing. As others said, going about things his own way and hiring coaches that love the game and communicate well.

Innovation. Great stuff.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the jungle
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 11:53 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Awesome, this is the hire that was really important being as our Linebackers besides Burfict have been bad since Haslett got here. Lukabu sounds like another up and coming coach. I like what Zac has been doing. As others said, going about things his own way and hiring coaches that love the game and communicate well.

Innovation. Great stuff.

Key words.....if he can bring this staff and organization back to where it was in the 70s and 80s, on the forefront of innovation, we could be in for some really good things.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Key words.....if he can bring this staff and organization back to where it was in the 70s and 80s, on the forefront of innovation, we could be in for some really good things.

It seems like Taylor is putting a great emphasis on the communication and teaching aspects of coaching. He has talked about it in practically every interview and it seems extremely important in terms of what he wants from his staff. 
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2019, 11:28 PM)Shady Wrote: Dude seems solid.

From the interview:

"the majority of my career has been in a four down system but once again I'm telling you I'm really blessed like I I did I have experience in three for spacing three for personnel but one of the strengths that we have here in my opinion is that we could be multiple won't be able to do whatever we think our strengths is or what we think will give other people's a hard time"

Dude is a leo,born a leader and he will be great.We are lucky to get this guy.He will be fired up and already knows how to treat people.They will follow this guy,nuff said.I am a leo,born august 9th. I know this stuff.Trust me,bengal fans.I truly believe they are putting together an awesome staff.Get ready for a great season.I am renewing my season tickets. ThumbsUp ThumbsUp ThumbsUp :andy: :andy: :andy:
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 02:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It seems like Taylor is putting a great emphasis on the communication and teaching aspects of coaching. He has talked about it in practically every interview and it seems extremely important in terms of what he wants from his staff. 

Absolutely agree.  I was also just reading an article about the DC search.  Seems a key part to what Zac was looking for was longevity.  In other words, he didn't want a guy who was just going to use this as a spring board to leave in a year or two to "bigger and better things".  Put things in perspective a bit.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 02:46 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Key words.....if he can bring this staff and organization back to where it was in the 70s and 80s, on the forefront of innovation, we could be in for some really good things.

So true Wyche, exciting. I think this is the most underrated hire, think this is a great selection.

(02-28-2019, 02:50 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: It seems like Taylor is putting a great emphasis on the communication and teaching aspects of coaching. He has talked about it in practically every interview and it seems extremely important in terms of what he wants from his staff. 

Lack of communication can be the hardest thing to overcome. Happy Taylor is putting this amount of emphasis on the communication aspect. Really like hearing Taylor speak, very refreshing to hear especially after having to listen to Marv for so long.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 03:12 PM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely agree.  I was also just reading an article about the DC search.  Seems a key part to what Zac was looking for was longevity.  In other words, he didn't want a guy who was just going to use this as a spring board to leave in a year or two to "bigger and better things".  Put things in perspective a bit.

That longevity thing is weird because they wanted Grantham and Grantham is well known to be seeking HC jobs.

I would think that you'd want a really great DC that might be considered for a HC job. The only way you can assure they won't get HC jobs is if they are mediocre.
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2019, 03:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That longevity thing is weird because they wanted Grantham and Grantham is well known to be seeking HC jobs.

I would think that you'd want a really great DC that might be considered for a HC job. The only way you can assure they won't get HC jobs is if they are mediocre.

I'm thinking it had more to do with why he turned down interviewing Capers and Del Rio.  Guys like Grantham and Allen would have been major coups had he lured them away from their current gigs, and you take the good with the bad there for as long as you can keep them.  Also, bigger and better things could just mean using the Bengals as an audition for another DC gig with a more established team, not just a HC promotion.

Reply/Quote