Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
I see a lot of mock drafts having us take a CB - Dont be fooled
(01-29-2019, 11:02 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Yeah no kidding.  Its completely absurd. It just shows how stupid these "expert" mock drafts are. 

Bengals trading 1st, 2nd, and 3rd to trade up for a qb has exactly zero chance of happening. 

More on topic, i would rather re-sign dennard or sign a comparable fa, than spend a high draft pick on one.

Agreed, Dennard is experienced, and we know what his capabilities and limitations are.  Definitely take a flyer on a mid-late CB, or see what happens in free agency or post cuts in camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I guess I'm wondering how much it would really take to re-sign Dennard? I can't imagine he's gonna be asking top dollar or anything.

Part of a new coach is a new direction and new strengths and weaknesses. He may get something out of players we thought weren't worthwhile. He may let guys go who we thought were a valuable in the name of creating a new dynamic. He might draft corners and not take 3 years to get them on the field. Or he might go just work on drafting lines for now. He's an offensive coach so he will likely want to fix the offensive line and maybe pick up some weapons in mid-rounds (WR in 4th or 5th would make a lot of sense).

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:59 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I guess I'm wondering how much it would really take to re-sign Dennard? I can't imagine he's gonna be asking top dollar or anything.

Part of a new coach is a new direction and new strengths and weaknesses. He may get something out of players we thought weren't worthwhile. He may let guys go who we thought were a valuable in the name of creating a new dynamic. He might draft corners and not take 3 years to get them on the field. Or he might go just work on drafting lines for now. He's an offensive coach so he will likely want to fix the offensive line and maybe pick up some weapons in mid-rounds (WR in 4th or 5th would make a lot of sense).

We will have to see, the team was dumb enough to far overpay for Dre. We need to see better value for re-signings. Dunlap and Atkins were good value. We need to see more of that. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 01:59 AM)BoomerFan Wrote: I guess I'm wondering how much it would really take to re-sign Dennard? I can't imagine he's gonna be asking top dollar or anything.

It's a weak free agent cornerback class. I'd guess Dennard will get 7 to 8 mil a year average.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 07:52 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Where are you seeing ANY mock that has Kyler Murray to the Bengals?  I tried to find one, no dice..

What I did find, before I got tired of waiting for crappy sites to load,

CBS - White
NFL (Zierlein) - Jawaan Taylor
Bleacher Report (Buckley) - White
draftsite.com - Jawaan Taylor
sportsbank - J. Allen
fanspeak - Dexter Lawrence
SB Nation - White
Sporting News - White
footballcouchscout - Dexter Williams
draftblaster  - White

That's 10 mocks, with 5 going White, 2 going Jawaan Taylor, 2 going Dexter Lawrence, and 1 with Allen making some incredible fall to us.  I tried to keep it as current as possible, by only using mocks from the last couple days.

No signs of Kyler Murray, or even Dwayne Haskins for that matter..

I'll take that all day long! :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 12:44 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Mocks right now mean little.

Really?  And here I thought they never meant anything at all.
Reply/Quote
Both of Walters draft guys have Murray to the Bengals. It’s the best website by far for draft related stuff.
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 03:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Both of Walters draft guys have Murray to the Bengals.  It’s the best website by far for draft related stuff.

Walter football and Charlie Campbell? Haha no. They have some of the worst draft profiles. In fact most of them are "anonymous scout coach or gm says this". 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 04:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Walter football and Charlie Campbell? Haha no. They have some of the worst draft profiles. In fact most of them are "anonymous scout coach or gm says this". 

Not to mention, they have never mocked anybody to the Bengals that ever made sense, plus, most of their mocks will take some kind of shot at the Bengals in the process.

Wally is an utter tool, a clueless moron.  He does have one redeeming quality--pretty damn good mock draft database.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 04:04 PM)Synric Wrote: Walter football and Charlie Campbell? Haha no. They have some of the worst draft profiles. In fact most of them are "anonymous scout coach or gm says this". 

You forgot the annual "he has character issues so the Bengals will draft him".
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 03:50 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Both of Walters draft guys have Murray to the Bengals.  It’s the best website by far for draft related stuff.

Literally the opposite. 
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 04:51 PM)Au165 Wrote: Literally the opposite. 

Well it’s just opinion but I like them , they update their mock draft every week n have draft rankings n their profiles. Anyone know of a bitter site I’m all ears.
Reply/Quote
You can never be too deep at a position especially WR and Corner.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 04:50 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You forgot the annual "he has character issues so the Bengals will draft him".

Yep.  They have that phrase on a freaking loop.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote

Anyone that mocks Murray to the Bengals at 11 should, themselves, be mocked. They should then have their internet access revoked and their opinions should never be given any consideration again. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 07:04 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: You can never be too deep at a position especially WR and Corner.

I agree with what you are saying, but at the same time teams have limited resources to build an entire roster.  So it is a balancing act.  We can't ignore the depth behind our starters, but we also have to get a few new starters in place before the back ups will even matter. 
Reply/Quote
We don't even have our coaches in yet with Super Bowl tonight. I pray the draft won't be ran by the Front Office
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote

One of them changed the next day to Oklahoma lineman Ford.
Reply/Quote
(01-29-2019, 08:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I just can't see that happening.  

This team is literally depleted of blockers and tacklers.  We have exactly one (1) offensive tackle under contract, and I'm not even sold on the guy.  We have one (1) starter worthy LB under contract in Nick Vigil, I'm not counting Burfict as we all know his story.  The rest of the LB corps is just backups and scrubs.  

For a team is such serious need of blockers and tacklers, to make a bold move like "trading up for a QB", would be the ultimate roster killer.  The only way they would even be able to field a team is by breaking the bank in free agency, and signing a ton of scrubs from UDFA and late round picks that rarely pan out.

They could if they traded a valued player. 

For example, Dalton, for realistic picks and shuffling their 1st pick position. 

Not multiple 1st rounders or anything...  but enough to move up with out giving away a bunch of picks.

They could pick Haskins and sign a bridge starting QB or possible strong backup(Fitzpatrick?)and still save some dollars for other FAs.

I don't want this to happen.  I'm only stating it can be done while filling the other positions of need.

If they wanted to move on from Dalton this is a viable yet unpopular scenario.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-30-2019, 04:43 PM)McC Wrote: Not to mention, they have never mocked anybody to the Bengals that ever made sense, plus, most of their mocks will take some kind of shot at the Bengals in the process.

Wally is an utter tool, a clueless moron.  He does have one redeeming quality--pretty damn good mock draft database.

I like their format and rankings.  It's clear and easy to follow.  As far as opinion and accuracy; well, not so much.  The absolute shittiest thing about them is the plague of pop-up ads that relentlessly interrupt you when you try to read the mocks.
Reply/Quote