Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I see what trump means by fake news now!
Having a fake Time Magazine cover made up. What a load. Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/339741-time-mag-asks-trump-org-to-remove-fake-cover-from-golf-clubs
(06-27-2017, 09:08 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Having a fake Time Magazine cover made up. What a load. Hilarious  Hilarious  Hilarious

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/339741-time-mag-asks-trump-org-to-remove-fake-cover-from-golf-clubs

Sorry, but that's what would be considered as propaganda, not news.

What he means by fake news was the recent fake CNN report that falsely tied Trump to a Russian investment bank, in which three CNN staffers resigned..which incidentally, a story which has been met by crickets around here.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/339604-trump-on-cnn-retraction-what-about-all-the-other-phony-stories-they

...or these 13 additional fake news stories explained in detail that had occurred over the last 5 months....incidentally, fake news accounts that can not be disputed by anyone here.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/23/13-major-fake-news-stories-just-five-months-trumps-presidency/
I had myself on the cover of sports illustrated one baseball season. Didn't know I was fake news.
Trump has fake Time covers of himself, plaques at his golf courses commemorating fake civil war battles, etc.

If he accidentally told the truth his head would explode.

CNN had a false story on the air.  They retracted it and three people left their jobs over.

The next time that happens at Breitbart or the new love of your life The dailywire it will probably be the first time they retract a false story and have people lose their jobs.

Even a blind squirrel get's an acorn occasionally.  Trump cried wolf long enough to get one right.  Yay.

After 7 years of claiming he was going to produce proof that Obama wasn't born int he US you'd *think* he'd be quiet about "fake news" but as long as he can feed that snake oil to his base he'll keep serving it up.

Rock On
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-28-2017, 01:53 AM)GMDino Wrote: Trump has fake Time covers of himself, plaques at his golf courses commemorating fake civil war battles, etc.

If he accidentally told the truth his head would explode.

CNN had a false story on the air.  They retracted it and three people left their jobs over.

The next time that happens at Breitbart or the new love of your life The dailywire it will probably be the first time they retract a false story and have people lose their jobs.

Even a blind squirrel get's an acorn occasionally.  Trump cried wolf long enough to get one right.  Yay.

After 7 years of claiming he was going to produce proof that Obama wasn't born int he US you'd *think* he'd be quiet about "fake news" but as long as he can feed that snake oil to his base he'll keep serving it up.

Rock On

Seriously, I think they are putting something in the food and water. How the hell can anyone believe a word that lying machine says?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(06-28-2017, 12:26 AM)Vlad Wrote: Sorry, but that's what would be considered as propaganda, not news.

What he means by fake news was the recent fake CNN report that falsely tied Trump to a Russian investment bank, in which three CNN staffers resigned..which incidentally, a story which has been met by crickets around here.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/339604-trump-on-cnn-retraction-what-about-all-the-other-phony-stories-they

...or these 13 additional fake news stories explained in detail that had occurred over the last 5 months....incidentally, fake news accounts that can not be disputed by anyone here.

http://thefederalist.com/2017/05/23/13-major-fake-news-stories-just-five-months-trumps-presidency/

One of the definitions of News, "information not previously known to someone ".  I knew trump was a lying con man but I didn't know that he was putting himself on the cover of Time Magazine and hanging them in his golf resorts. Hence, news, hence fake since he had someone make that cover of him, hence why he is a load.

What has become common practice among the trump apologist these days is to deflect, not answer or confront his latest act of stupidity but to ignore it and bring up some other half truths that has nothing to do with the FACTS at hand.

This fact that this immature ,childish and fraudulent behavior doesn't bother trump lovers is mind boggling. Good day sir.
(06-28-2017, 06:23 AM)xxlt Wrote: Seriously, I think they are putting something in the food and water. How the hell can anyone believe a word that lying machine says?

Because they WANT to.  Like some people thought Obama gave them a phone.  They are attracted to the man for some reason and will believe everything he says.

But Trump is a con man.  He's made a career out of lying.  Usually simply for personal gain.  That makes him more dangerous than a politician that puts a spin on something.

That's what his supporters fail to acknowledge.
So I was thinking about this fake Time cover.

I really wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't someone with the ego that Trump has.  If he was really hanging it next to real covers that's a big red flag that he was trying to pass it off.

It's also possible he had no idea if it was real given his lack of attention to details.

Otherwise it's just a silly thing.
(06-28-2017, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I was thinking about this fake Time cover.

I really wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't someone with the ego that Trump has.  If he was really hanging it next to real covers that's a big red flag that he was trying to pass it off.

It's also possible he had no idea if it was real given his lack of attention to details.

I guess it would be mildly interesting to know whether he ordered it made, or whether some underling made it to gain favor and said, "Look Mr. Trump, you were on the cover of Time again! Want to show this cover off at the golf clubs?" and Trump was to ignorant to know it was fake or didn't care if it was.

But at this point, we're parsing exactly what kind of an a-hole he is, the exact color of the flames, the depth of the depravity. It's kind of like asking if you eat something out of a dumpster if you will die of dehydration, infection, or fever. At the end of the day what does it really matter if you are dead no matter what.

He's one of the worst human beings on the planet. Exactly how a taxonomist would name him really matters little to me at this point.
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
(06-28-2017, 12:23 PM)xxlt Wrote: I guess it would be mildly interesting to know whether he ordered it made, or whether some underling made it to gain favor and said, "Look Mr. Trump, you were on the cover of Time again! Want to show this cover off at the golf clubs?" and Trump was to ignorant to know it was fake or didn't care if it was.

But at this point, we're parsing exactly what kind of an a-hole he is, the exact color of the flames, the depth of the depravity. It's kind of like asking if you eat something out of a dumpster if you will die of dehydration, infection, or fever. At the end of the day what does it really matter if you are dead no matter what.

He's one of the worst human beings on the planet. Exactly how a taxonomist would name him really matters little to me at this point.

That's what I was thinking as I typed it out:  His actions make those who pay attention to them see everything he does with that tinge.

It might be innocuous but since it's him it seems like just ANOTHER thing.
(06-28-2017, 12:23 PM)xxlt Wrote: I guess it would be mildly interesting to know whether he ordered it made, or whether some underling made it to gain favor and said, "Look Mr. Trump, you were on the cover of Time again! Want to show this cover off at the golf clubs?" and Trump was to ignorant to know it was fake or didn't care if it was.

Either way, putting a fake Time cover on the wall like is just another example of how he constructs a relation between himself and an imagined, desired reality.  If you can do it in pictures or on tv then it's real.

Sometimes he seems to think if publicly tweets or says things that aren't true about a subject and enough people defend him to create an "alternate" narrative then a saturation point is reached in which he himself can believe the alternative narrative. When both narratives are in the media then they can be equal real.

Propagandists have always know they could do this with mass audiences, but generally they well understood the difference between what was true and what was made up.

What I am saying is that Trump himself is swept into the illusion. He lives in it. And it works, if by that we mean it is politically effective, keeps support under Trump and Republican lawmakers.  If I can get enough photoshopped pictures on my wall and enough people to believe I won the Decathelon in the 84 Olympics then eventually I can believe it too.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-28-2017, 06:28 PM)Dill Wrote: Either way, putting a fake Time cover on the wall like is just another example of how he constructs a relation between himself and an imagined, desired reality.  If you can do it in pictures or on tv then it's real.

Sometimes he seems to think if publicly tweets or says things that aren't true about a subject and enough people defend him to create an "alternate" narrative then a saturation point is reached in which he himself can believe the alternative narrative. When both narratives are in the media then they can be equal real.

Propagandists have always know they could do this with mass audiences, but generally they well understood the difference between what was true and what was made up.

What I am saying is that Trump himself is swept into the illusion. He lives in it. And it works, if by that we mean it is politically effective, keeps support under Trump and Republican lawmakers.  If I can get enough photoshopped pictures on my wall and enough people to believe I won the Decathelon in the 84 Olympics then eventually I can believe it too.
Dill, sounds like you are saying that Trump uses the George Castanza defense which states that " Its not a lie if you think its true".
Is this fair to say?
(06-28-2017, 06:28 PM)Dill Wrote: Either way, putting a fake Time cover on the wall like is just another example of how he constructs a relation between himself and an imagined, desired reality.  If you can do it in pictures or on tv then it's real.

I'm reminded of countless toddlers (and developmentally disabled persons) who think when they cover their own eyes that others in the room can no longer see them. It's cute at a certain age and/or in the right context. Coming from Our President, it is down right disturbing.
(06-28-2017, 06:57 PM)xxlt Wrote: I'm reminded of countless toddlers (and developmentally disabled persons) who think when they cover their own eyes that others in the room can no longer see them. It's cute at a certain age and/or in the right context. Coming from Our President, it is down right disturbing.

This is so true. Its just unbelievable what this guy has done/does. Some of the media calls him out on it and his followers and the rightwingnut party treats it as its ok, just a left wing conspiracy. Here is a person who had his picture placed on a magazine with flattering headlines then hung up in his business's . This is an action of a liar, cheat and fraud. (what Mit said).
This doesn't bother any of his follower's? They just shrug it off like no big deal?  A comment from one of his spin crew said that maybe some of his subordinates did this with out his knowledge. Are you serious?  This man is one sick puppy. I'm assuming the majority of people who voted for him because he promised to bring job back to this country and cut taxes.
Will they see that they have been coned when they get nothing and the top 1% get richer? Trump got close to 60 million votes I believe. Did all these people hate Obama care because it was taking money out of their pocket or just hate Obama, probably cause he was black? I repeat, Everything that turkey neck in my sig complained and whined about in 2009-10 about Obama care , he is doing now only worse. Its on video and its a fact. This doesn't bother anyone?
(06-28-2017, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: So I was thinking about this fake Time cover.

You're right its a silly thing.  
Amid all the damning evidence of fake news we've deflected to psycho babbling.

Btw...did anyone have a problem with Obamas ego/narcissism?

Recall the claim this son of a Kenyan sheep herder made when he said his birth was the result of the civil rights protest known as the Selma March, when in fact he was born before the march took place.
Obama must hold the record for the most utterances of the word "I" or "me" whenever he speaks.
https://drhurd.com/2015/11/29/is-trump-a-narcissist-what-about-obama/

Lest we forget Hillary...she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary and like Edmond would someday scale a great mountain! We've come to learn that was a lie....
Also remember she was under sniper fire during a helicopter landing too.

The only difference between Trump and Obama is that Trump isn't trying to hide his big-headedness because he can't. He is brash and inarticulate, it's all there for everyone to see, and too bad if you don't like it.
Obama was deviant and shrewd at times, his display of narcissism was discreet, but yet so obvious to those not preoccupied by their fawning over that POS.
(06-29-2017, 09:25 AM)Vlad Wrote: You're right its a silly thing.  
Amid all the damning evidence of fake news we've deflected to psycho babbling.

Btw...did anyone have a problem with Obamas ego/narcissism?

Recall the claim this son of a Kenyan sheep herder made when he said his birth was the result of the civil rights protest known as the Selma March, when in fact he was born before the march took place.
Obama must hold the record for the most utterances of the word "I" or "me" whenever he speaks.
https://drhurd.com/2015/11/29/is-trump-a-narcissist-what-about-obama/

Lest we forget Hillary...she was named after Sir Edmund Hillary and like Edmond would someday scale a great mountain! We've come to learn that was a lie....
Also remember she was under sniper fire during a helicopter landing too.

The only difference between Trump and Obama is that Trump isn't trying to hide his big-headedness because he can't. He is brash and inarticulate, it's all there for everyone to see, and too bad if you don't like it.
Obamas narcissism was discreet, but yet so obvious to those not preoccupied by their fawning over that POS.

The "Obama has the biggest ego ever" narrative was Yuge among the right wing noise machine for eight years.

When he gave a speech Hannity and Limbaugh would count the number of times he referred to himself.  BOR would have on people to analyze his non-verbal communication to determine if there was a psychological problem.

And, yes, Clinton either made up or continued the story about Sir Edmund Hillary.

But in your tirade about "fake news" you are willing to ignore the same (at best) and worse from the current POTUS and claiming we would have seen more from Obama but he was better at hiding it.  Maybe it wasn't there?  I think anyone who runs for President has an ego.  Trump's is special.  At least you can admit he is inarticulate and brash...now maybe if you open your eyes just a little more you'll also see he is a liar much worse than how he got his name or why/when he parents had sex.

I'm guessing you can't/won't.
(06-28-2017, 07:10 AM)ballsofsteel Wrote: What has become common practice among the trump apologist  creationists these days is to deflect, not answer or confront his latest act of stupidity the evidence but to ignore it and bring up some other half truths that have nothing to do with the FACTS at hand. 

That same tactic has been working for creationists for years....as shown by modifications of the statement.
I put this in the Trum Identity thread but it fits here too.

Obama had an ego....that's the story y'all want to go with.

Trump is "brash and inarticulate"...that's your defense.

Yet *this* is acceptable to his supporters?

(06-29-2017, 10:05 AM)GMDino Wrote: There is being "non-PC" and then there is this puke coming from President of the United States.

He should be ashamed but he doesn't have that capability.
(06-29-2017, 09:55 AM)GMDino Wrote: The "Obama has the biggest ego ever" narrative was Yuge among the right wing noise machine for eight years.

When he gave a speech Hannity and Limbaugh would count the number of times he referred to himself.  BOR would have on people to analyze his non-verbal communication to determine if there was a psychological problem.

And, yes, Clinton either made up or continued the story about Sir Edmund Hillary.

But in your tirade about "fake news" you are willing to ignore the same (at best) and worse from the current POTUS and claiming we would have seen more from Obama but he was better at hiding it.  Maybe it wasn't there?  I think anyone who runs for President has an ego.  Trump's is special.  At least you can admit he is inarticulate and brash...now maybe if you open your eyes just a little more you'll also see he is a liar much worse than how he got his name or why/when he parents had sex.

I'm guessing you can't/won't.

Lol...the irony here. When my posts rub you the wrong way it becomes a "tirade" or "rant".

Nice one you got going here....except I'm not offended by it.
(06-28-2017, 06:57 PM)xxlt Wrote: I'm reminded of countless toddlers (and developmentally disabled persons) who think when they cover their own eyes that others in the room can no longer see them. It's cute at a certain age and/or in the right context. Coming from Our President, it is down right disturbing.

"Object permanence" google it. The picture of a trump supporter is sooooo cute.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]