Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I smell a run!
No, it's not Mikey B's diarrhea of a season ...

All kidding aside, I think we've got a real good shot to win a few games to close the season, starting this week with the Raiders. They're absolutely beatable if we can bottle up Josh Jacobs. Then we get a home win vs the decimated Steelers. Jets can't run the ball and Darnold stinks, that's a win. We beat the Dolphins in the "toilet bowl," and close with a home win over the Browns, who by that time will have given up on Coach Freddie. Finish 5-11. Who's with me?
Reply/Quote
The Raiders are beatable...we are way more beatable
The Steelers are decimated...we are also decimated and crappier with what is left/coaching
Jets and Darnold stink....we stink more and Darnold showed more in a few wins than we've shown all year
Dolphins win a lot more than us, despite being in tank mode
and if the Browns give up on Kitchens, the Bengals should give up on ZT...they've beaten the Steelers and we have yet to do anything.

Basically, even when we face teams in bad situations our is worse until further notice. Fun eh?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Sorry I had Taco Bell last night.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:09 PM)shanebo Wrote: No, it's not Mikey B's diarrhea of a season ...

All kidding aside, I think we've got a real good shot to win a few games to close the season, starting this week with the Raiders.  They're absolutely beatable if we can bottle up Josh Jacobs.  Then we get a home win vs the decimated Steelers.  Jets can't run the ball and Darnold stinks, that's a win.  We beat the Dolphins in the "toilet bowl," and close with a home win over the Browns, who by that time will have given up on Coach Freddie.  Finish 5-11.  Who's with me?

That's not how any of this works.

If we can bottle up Jacobs?  We have the worst run d in the league and he's having an excellent season so I don't know what makes you think this.

The Steelers are a better team now with there D playing way better than when we first faces them and they crushed us then.  So yeah what?

Jets have no run game.  You mean other than leveon Bell?  He may not be lighting things up this year but hes still better then what our passes for defence in Cincinnati.

Maybe we have a shot in Miami but they ways they've played the last to weeks I wouldn't best on it.

Denver?  Really your talking Denver?  There defense is legit and they might be the best worst team in the NFL right now.  Go back and look at the bills wins and Denver's losses and you could make a strong case Denver could just as easily be in the position the bills are in right now with a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

I don't know what you're smoking but I'd like some.
Reply/Quote
Winning 5 games would literally be the worst thing that could happen at this point.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:31 PM)motoarch Wrote: That's not how any of this works.

If we can bottle up Jacobs?  We have the worst run d in the league and he's having an excellent season so I don't know what makes you think this.

The Steelers are a better team now with there D playing way better than when we first faces them and they crushed us then.  So yeah what?

Jets have no run game.  You mean other than leveon Bell?  He may not be lighting things up this year but hes still better then what our passes for defence in Cincinnati.

Maybe we have a shot in Miami but they ways they've played the last to weeks I wouldn't best on it.

Denver?  Really your talking Denver?  There defense is legit and they might be the best worst team in the NFL right now.  Go back and look at the bills wins and Denver's losses and you could make a strong case Denver could just as easily be in the position the bills are in right now with a legitimate shot at the playoffs.

I don't know what you're smoking but I'd like some.

Beating Denver this year would be our biggest achievement of all.

Because we don't play them.
Reply/Quote
I would really rather we lose the rest of the way and secure the first pick. And I think my preference is way more likely than the OP's sense of smell being right.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 03:09 PM)shanebo Wrote: No, it's not Mikey B's diarrhea of a season ...

All kidding aside, I think we've got a real good shot to win a few games to close the season, starting this week with the Raiders. They're absolutely beatable if we can bottle up Josh Jacobs. Then we get a home win vs the decimated Steelers. Jets can't run the ball and Darnold stinks, that's a win. We beat the Dolphins in the "toilet bowl," and close with a home win over the Browns, who by that time will have given up on Coach Freddie. Finish 5-11. Who's with me?

Drugs are bad. This team has a clown head coach, a doofus defensive coordinator a moronic o-line coach and a terrible owner. The defense blows, the offense blows, wins are meaningless at this point. Jacobs will run for 300 yards. Raiders win 55-0. Steelers own this team, Bell will run all over this team. Fitzpatrick lights up this team and The Browns will annihilate this team twice. Also the Patriots will win 75-0
Reply/Quote
I'd be alright with that. I don't believe in tanking. Keep trying to win and snag the best OT you can with your top 5 pick.
Reply/Quote
I'd like 1 win this year, just so we don't tie the Browns with a 0 win season. 1 win should still get us 1st pick....
Reply/Quote
You might be smelling a dead cat bounce. Understandable, this team has reeked of them before.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
about the only thing that gives me hope for 1 win this season is the players have to have some pride in what they do don't they.... No one wants that 0-fer stigma... that stink follows you for life.... And the less games remaning the closer their back is to the wall...

and cause we almost always find a way to ruin getting the top draft pick when its ours for the taking.
Reply/Quote
I'll won't mind one bit if the Bengals manage to win games during their remaining AFCN games. The Bengals 2019 season is lost but I hope they do as much damage as possible to the Browns and Steelers season on the way out. I'll never wish to see them lose to those teams just for a better draft pick.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
I smell a run...

That's what opposing defenders think when we're about to run the ball...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 06:28 PM)treee Wrote: I'd be alright with that. I don't believe in tanking. Keep trying to win and snag the best OT you can with your top 5 pick.

Me either. If we go 0-16 with an all out effort than I'm ok with it. I couldn't stomach this team if I knew they were losing purposely. Give me a sweep over Pittsburgh this year and I will feel like we had a great season.

Reply/Quote
I’ve been a fan my whole life, never missed a game for the past 20 years at least. Would I be less of a fan if I wanted them to just lose out the rest of this lost season at this point? I mean, it’s with good intentions to improve our odds of getting a solid player(s) to better the team. I would actually be made if we beat anyone other than Pitt.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:25 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I’ve been a fan my whole life, never missed a game for the past 20 years at least. Would I be less of a fan if I wanted them to just lose out the rest of this lost season at this point? I mean, it’s with good intentions to improve our odds of getting a solid player(s) to better the team. I would actually be made if we beat anyone other than Pitt.

It doesn't mean you're less of a fan. But I will say that losing on purpose is not part of a winning culture. And I think a winning culture is just as important to a rebuild as acquiring talent is.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 08:35 PM)treee Wrote: It doesn't mean you're less of a fan. But I will say that losing on purpose is not part of a winning culture. And I think a winning culture is just as important to a rebuild as acquiring talent is.

True, but maybe this was the plan with Zac all along. He definitely doesn’t feel worried about his job. Not a winning culture by any means, yet again not many winning cultures put themselves in this situation.
Reply/Quote
If they do it will be at the end of the season to prevent drafting Joe Burrow or Chase Young.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2019, 04:54 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Beating Denver this year would be our biggest achievement of all.

Because we don't play them.

Lol I should have looked at the schedule ? before responding to that
Reply/Quote